Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:28 PM

76 posts, read 443,938 times

Advertisements

I am only awake right now because my upstairs neighbors are pathologically incapable of being quiet. Ever since they moved in, I have had to pound on the walls from 11 PM to 3 AM, because there is CONSTANT STOMPING, RUNNING, FURNITURE MOVING, THROWING HEAVY OBJECTS ONTO THE HARDWOOD FLOOR! At 3 AM, the TV goes on for the rest of the night. At 6 AM, I wake to the same horrible rap album being blasted for 90 minutes. I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night for months, which causes so many serious health effects and quality of life issues I won't even mention them all here. I know they hear me pound on the walls, but then 5 seconds later after pausing, they go right back to what they were doing.

The association has done nothing even though I reported it in writing two weeks ago.

Someone just threw something heavy on the floor AGAIN and started stomping around, so I pounded even LOUDER even though I know they can hear me, and I ACCIDENTALLY PUT A HOLE IN MY WALL! AHH! I just went up there at 12:30 AM right now to confront them once and for all, and every light in the apartment was on, there was a bigscreen tv going, with 7 people all awake packed in one room! That isn't even legal in a tiny two bedroom apartment (keep in mind that this is a daily/nightly pattern).

Is Mexico trying to only export the people whose IQs haven't cracked 3 digits? This is a consistent issue I have had with upstairs neighbors, because the landlord herself is an immigrant (I think illegal, though I don't know how she'd get the apartment in that case) and only rents to illegal Hispanics who are ghetto, slow learners.

I hate to say this since I am a liberal, but my experiences are so consistent I can't deny them anymore. I haven't had problems with my non-immigrant white neighbors. What happened to this formerly nice, quiet township?

I love this area, but I'll uproot if I have to. Where can I go where this isn't a problem? I live in a nice township in Monmouth County. WOW, the stomping is starting again now! Even after a visit from me! What dumb, ghetto a s s h o l e s!

Please help! Sympathy? R.I.P. Non-racist NJ K.

How do I fix this situation/avert these new racist feelings? I don't want to groan every time a new Hispanic person moves in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 10:49 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,586 times
Welcome to the real world. Fun, isn't it?

She is probably legal. Who knows about everyone else?

You can probably find a way to complain. Lucky you don't live in a city because those complaints would fall on deaf ears. But if you live in a small community - you should look into it. It might shut them up for awhile.

This has nothing to do with liberalism. Most people who call themselves liberal are just one incident away from turning into a conservative. Why label yourself to begin with? It's hard to take that seriously in 2008.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:57 AM

16 posts, read 90,752 times
Sorry for your situation, that sucks. Call your municipality and see what your rights are in terms of noise ordinances and then call the cops on their asses when they break it. Just try to think of it as unruly neighbors, not necessarily an immigration thing.. This coming from the conservative republican.. who isn't racist, but feel that there needs to be some control on the infilitration.. starting with 1/2 the business men and women who illegally employ these people at $5 an hour and don't pay taxes etc.. just is not right, it only exploits people are just trying to make a better life for themselves, but that is another topic.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:02 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,602,088 times
I think when someone upsets you to a level like this..we tend to look for obvious differences - i.e. latino, black, immigrant, etc. That has nothing to do with their behavior. They are just extremely rude neighbors and you need to report them to either the local building department and/or health dept. - if the number of residents in that apt. exceeds local fire and or health codes. If that doesn't work..call the police and if they don't respond..call again and again and again. But please don't generalize that all "Mexicans"..which i doubt they are... are rude, inconsiderate, etc.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:05 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,326,380 times
Why are you bringing race into this? Why liberal/conservative? I am not really sure what noisy neighbors and and an overcrowded apartment with "potential" illegal aliens has to do with either. I am not sure if you are trying to make some point or not. Just because someone wants illegals to go home and our immigration laws enforced-does not make them a conservative racist. There are plenty of "liberals" who want the same.

If you keep striking out with your association-what about your local/state government. Is there an agency that you can contact that overseas the # of people by law allowed to live there? Are there other neighbors that you could speak with? If they too are bothered, could they write letters to your association? Power in numbers so to speak. While they might not hear the noise, if there are more people living there than should and that is a violation of the lease- I would think other neighbors would not like that either.

Write letters every day-send them certified-keep notes of dates and times when things occur. If it is that much of a disturbance-call and write every day until you get action. Keep documentation of everything. Also review your lease. If something was going on similar to what you say and depriving me of my sleep, I would be writing and calling letters everyday until it was resolved. I would be the association's biggest pita-they would want to fix the situation just so they wouldn't have to hear from me anymore. You pay to live there and others should not be there disturbing you at night and violating the lease.

Good luck

Nicolem

Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 AM
ira

657 posts, read 3,930,626 times
Sorry to hear this. It sucks! If they are making so much noise in the middle of the night, forget the association and just call the police. If those people are here illegally, the last thing they want is to bring attention to themselves. Hopefully, one visit from the cops will solve your problems.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:27 AM

604 posts, read 2,913,765 times
If all the legal remedies don't solve your problem you may have to fight fire with fire. See if you can stay with friends for a few days. Get your self a clock timer, set your stereo to the highest volume and program it to come on for 10 minutes than off for 5 minutes for about 48 hours.

This may not solve the problem, it may even get you evicted but you will have the satisfaction of knowing you annoyed them for a least a couple of days.

E

Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,596 times
I believe everyone's opinions are right on the spot, it's not an issue of illegal immigrants but rather rude, uneducated POS that don't have any common sense or decency in their puny little brains. Either call your local PD or whoever enforces unruly neighbors or I would just simply move to a more desirable area.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:22 AM

76 posts, read 443,938 times
Thanks for your responses everyone.

Any ideas for spots as nice as Monmouth County that don't have "rude neighbor" issues (that's what I'll keep repeating to myself: they're simply rude neighbors. Ignore the obvious pattern!).

The reason I bring up race and the landlord is because even if these tenants have to be evicted, she's jut going to bring in similar people like she always does. She only rents to illegals. No one else in my building is an immigrant.

I am staring blankly at the hole I put in my wall last night....

Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,373,754 times
Sounds like you just need to raise the amount you pay for rent, which may get you into a better class of apartments. You're likely to have the same issue if you keep renting in similarly priced units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey