Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Vote Republican, lol!
Oh yeah, because they've done so much in the past 8 years. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 04:26 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Oh yeah, because they've done so much in the past 8 years. LOL
your congress is democrates, they actually hold more power, so look at that answer for the last eight years.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
your congress is democrates, they actually hold more power, so look at that answer for the last eight years.
Actually congress has only been Democrtatically controlled for the past couple of years. Bush and the Repubs. were in control for at least the first four years of his Monarchy.

E

Old 08-07-2008, 06:44 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
Actually congress has only been Democrtatically controlled for the past couple of years. Bush and the Repubs. were in control for at least the first four years of his Monarchy.

E
thanks, what was I thinking its all the republician fault !!!

Old 08-07-2008, 06:55 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Quote:
As long as we Americans insist on buying the lowest price items (usually made out of the country) we will continue to lay off our workers. Of course nobody cares about the uneducated unemployed who used to be the backbone employees of our textile, furniture, small manufacturing industries. As long as we can buy products cheaper than American made who cares about the unuducated?
Well I guess it is starting to bite the educated in the ass now. We are now outsourcing college level jobs to the foriegn countries because it's cheaper. As long as the stockholders of the companies are happy, who cares how many Americas get replace by foriegn workers, the bottom line is the only thing that counts.

There of lots of products that we just can't make in this country and we have to import but we are putting our workers on the unimployment lines because we are employing too many foreign workers out of our country.

Our country became the greatest country in the world because of the industrial revolution that employed workers living here. It is not our responsibility to take care of the people all over the world.

Stop buying foreign goods and help a neighbor to keep his job or to hell with the neighbor as long as your stock portfolio keeps increasing in value. You will need it when you get laid off.
E
Good luck with that. Some interesting reading is a book called "A Year Without "Made in China" by Sara Bongiorni.

Youtube

"Journalist Bongiorni, on a post-Christmas day mired deep in plastic toys and electronics equipment, makes up her mind to live for a year without buying any products made in China, a decision spurred less by notions of idealism or fair trade-though she does note troubling statistics on job loss and trade deficits-than simply "to see if it can be done."

Amazon Link

Old 08-07-2008, 06:55 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,722 times
Quote:
As long as we Americans insist on buying the lowest price items (usually made out of the country) we will continue to lay off our workers. Of course nobody cares about the uneducated unemployed who used to be the backbone employees of our textile, furniture, small manufacturing industries. As long as we can buy products cheaper than American made who cares about the unuducated?
Well I guess it is starting to bite the educated in the ass now. We are now outsourcing college level jobs to the foriegn countries because it's cheaper. As long as the stockholders of the companies are happy, who cares how many Americas get replace by foriegn workers, the bottom line is the only thing that counts.

There of lots of products that we just can't make in this country and we have to import but we are putting our workers on the unimployment lines because we are employing too many foreign workers out of our country.

Our country became the greatest country in the world because of the industrial revolution that employed workers living here. It is not our responsibility to take care of the people all over the world.

Stop buying foreign goods and help a neighbor to keep his job or to hell with the neighbor as long as your stock portfolio keeps increasing in value. You will need it when you get laid off.
E
Capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:

E
I agree-excellent post. I always seek out to buy American made as much as I truly can. It is not easy-you need to search-but I make the effort because I feel that it is important. Much better quality and not traced with lead and toxins. Instead of having to buy two or three pieces of junk from China or Mexico- I buy one well made American product. You end up paying the same. I think it is disgusting that we have outsourced so much manufacturing. How can a country who does not make anything-or make very little-truly be a world leader? IMHO a strong country is one that has a strong manufacturing base.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:12 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I just included a new product line to my business. American made and it uses American Fuel! It's biomass furnaces and boilers. You can burn corn, pellets, oats, wheat, etc. But I have a feeling it's going to be a tough sell to folks in NJ. American products are a bit more expensive but if it means saving our "country" and keeping jobs in the hands of Americans - then we should all be willing to do it. I'm trying but as EEEEEEE said... it's hard to find 100% American Made products anymore.
I agree. Thank you Wiley for including that in your business!!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:29 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I agree. Thank you Wiley for including that in your business!!
I'm trying Nic . Working on making it as simple as I can for homeowners... we are pampered here in NJ. I figure if I can make it nearly maintenance free for homeowners..they might bite! I'm also researching that $2000.00 tax write off that they are considering approving for Biomass Fueled units. And of course..we must have the no pay no interest option available in order to keep up with those huge box store competitors . That's killing the little guys as well. So many in my business..the HVAC side are closing up shop because they can't compete with the big guys and the free stuff for a year deals. I'm giving it one last shot... I won't be bullied out of self employment that easy!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:43 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times
I think it would be a good idea to start a sticky post perhaps of people who are unemployed and looking for another job. Sortakinda like a networking tool, where you can post what your skills are, what type of position or industry. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: