Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to New Jersey: transplants, taxes, buy a home, real estate, market.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:54 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,779,523 times

Advertisements

I moved to NJ in 1982 to go to acting and dance school in NYC. The first seven years were great and then I started to really dislike the traffic and hated to drive. I was living in Edison and then moved to Atlantic Highlands, whole different world. I loved it in Monmouth County, especially being so close to the beach. I felt like I was away on a vacation that would never end (except for when I went to work). Too bad I didn't buy something there before the market went up a few years ago. Now I've moved out of the state so I can afford a house, taxes, etc... Obviously that acting and dancing never worked out. : )

Besides the traffic, house prices and taxes I think it's a great state to live in. I especially like the diversity and that you can be at the beach, in the city or in the mountains all within a two hour drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 11:20 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,631,063 times
Lived in N.Y. till 1969, Went on a little camping trip in southeast Asia in 69 when I got home in 71 my parents had already moved to NJ. I stayed with them a bit till I got on my feet. Got my own place and have been here ever since. I think if I stayed in N.Y. after getting back my life would have taken a drastically different course. I have no regrets at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey