Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:06 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,601 times

Advertisements

Hello my fellow New Jersians!!

I'm coming back to Jersey and I am ecstatic!! I moved to Orlando about 6mnths ago and I absolutely hate it!! Down south is not for this city chic!!

In either case, I used to live in Essex County and am tired of the high rent prices for a 2 bedroom. I use to rent a 2bedroom for 1300 and it wasnt close to being worth it...but that is the asking price in those areas.

I do have a similar post out there but I figure I'd be more specific.

In the beginning of next year, I will be looking to rent either a apt/townhouse/condo 2 bedroom 1 bath, central air, parking and great school system. What areas/counties would you suggest? I need to start doing my homework. Oh and my budget is 1000.00. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 10:57 PM

214 posts, read 560,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post

I'm coming back to Jersey and I am ecstatic!! I moved to Orlando about 6mnths ago and I absolutely hate it!! Down south is not for this city chic!!

In either case, I used to live in Essex County and am tired of the high rent prices for a 2 bedroom. I use to rent a 2bedroom for 1300 and it wasnt close to being worth it...but that is the asking price in those areas.

In the beginning of next year, I will be looking to rent either a apt/townhouse/condo 2 bedroom 1 bath, central air, parking and great school system. What areas/counties would you suggest? I need to start doing my homework. Oh and my budget is 1000.00. Any suggestions?

You want all that for a $1000 ? Would you like anything else with that $1000 ? say free utilities?

Sorry but its not going to happen at that price.

Maybe in some dumpy hood area like Plainfield or Newark or Roselle you can get a 2 bed 1 bath place for a $1000 but not in any decent, safe clean area with "great school systems"

Remember this is New Jersey were talking about and to live here you gotta pay big bucks.

I lived there for 23 years so I know a little something about it and just did a quick search for what you wanted for $1000 and its not gonna happen in a nice area. Add on another $500 to your budget and you might find something better.

Oh and dont forget moving back to Jersey means vehicle inspections again.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:19 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
thats great trish start letting your finger do the walking research research research! In this crappy housing market some people are choosing to rent there house, so I would look for a two family and get the upstairs that maybe doable. I start looking for you!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:47 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post

Small budget Trish! It's doable but you'll be out in the "boonies" by me with that budget : )) Try Warren County or even Sussex County. www.gsmls.com. You may be able to find something in South Jersey as well.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:50 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
$1300 can get you this:

View Peachtree Village Apartments For Rent in Hackettstown, New Jersey - ForRent.com

While it says Hackettstown, it's actually Washington Township, Morris County. It's a nice, safe place with great schools, and a pool onsite.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
$1300 can get you this:

View Peachtree Village Apartments For Rent in Hackettstown, New Jersey - ForRent.com

While it says Hackettstown, it's actually Washington Township, Morris County. It's a nice, safe place with great schools, and a pool onsite.
GREAT FIND Tahiti! Excellent location OP.
T - I thought they always had a long waiting list for these apts.?? Maybe with house prices so low, renters are out and buying? Either way..great recommendation!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:02 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
GREAT FIND Tahiti! Excellent location OP.
T - I thought they always had a long waiting list for these apts.?? Maybe with house prices so low, renters are out and buying? Either way..great recommendation!
honestly, they could, I don't know. when we were building our house DH went to get info on them, but they only have 12 month leases and we needed 6. I don't recall if there was a waiting list, but this was awhile ago.

it's a tad above what OP wanted, but i think it's probably the biggest bang for the buck.... price -vs- schools -vs- location.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
honestly, they could, I don't know. when we were building our house DH went to get info on them, but they only have 12 month leases and we needed 6. I don't recall if there was a waiting list, but this was awhile ago.

it's a tad above what OP wanted, but i think it's probably the biggest bang for the buck.... price -vs- schools -vs- location.
Last I heard there was still a pretty long waiting list at Peachtree. I agree it is an excellent choice. The apartments are well maintained having 2 bathrooms in the 2 bedroom apartment is definitely a bonus. Plus you can benefit from all of the Hackettstown amenities and have Washington Twp. schools.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
$1300 can get you this:

Peachtree also had/haves a certain percentage of Apts that qualify under section 8. I'm sure there is a huge wait list if they still provide this

Nice complex as far as apts go

Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Peachtree also had/haves a certain percentage of Apts that qualify under section 8. I'm sure there is a huge wait list if they still provide this

Nice complex as far as apts go
I'm sure that makes washinton twp. tax payer Tahiti's day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey