Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 03:04 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
So Obama supporters don't advocate equality?

I had to

Listen, when Obama actually has a position instead of just a good speech, I'll consider him. He still doesn't though. Its all rhetoric....
Do you listen to his speeches? Because it is not just "I have seen the mountaintop" He states his positions and his ideas as much as any other candidate.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
This was a genius pick.. this woman has more experience actually running a government than the Dem's presidential nominee Obama.
What are you SMOKING? She has 20 months as a govenor of a state with less people than NYC or DC? MONTHS. She was mayor of a small hick town in ALASKA. Dude, the GOP is writing she fishes and hunts as the resasons we should LIKE her? That and she has a uterus..oh, yeah, I'm out there.

It's laughable.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:07 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Uhm....NO.

I'm more convinced than ever if the GOP wins I have to move out of this country once and for all.
Can I quote you on this? Or are you pulling the same garbage that the liberal left hollywood did in 2000 and NEVER moved out?

Old 08-29-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
His positions are outlined in detail all over his website..............
It kills me. The Right says "it's all talk" meanwhile all they do is attack and not come up with ONE idea that is better than what they've done to put our country in the mess it is today and people fall for it.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:10 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
What are you SMOKING? She has 20 months as a govenor of a state with less people than NYC or DC? MONTHS. She was mayor of a small hick town in ALASKA. Dude, the GOP is writing she fishes and hunts as the resasons we should LIKE her? That and she has a uterus..oh, yeah, I'm out there.

It's laughable.

Mind you we're talking about the potential VP of the country, NOT the potential President who has 44 months of experience.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Can I quote you on this? Or are you pulling the same garbage that the liberal left hollywood did in 2000 and NEVER moved out?
lol I swear to God, I will help drive some of these people to the Canadian border. There is one thing about being a Democrat or Republican, but there is another thing about being so fanatical that the big picture is never looked at during the personal decision process.

The Dems: McCain=Bush
The Repubs: Obama is too liberal

Yawn, give us some hard facts with figures on how much taxes are going up, down, sideways, before we cast a vote for you.

It's laughable that the media is portraying Obama as the second coming of Christ, and Palin is the Virgin Mary.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Since when is it the government's reponsibility to help put food on my table?

Sorry but it is more important for the government to support my constitutional right to bear arms then for them to provide food for me or for other people. Working to buy food is my responsibility.

How can the government keep me healthy? Do they have some vaccine that will keep me 100% disease free? Because the best most expensive health plan on earth cannot do that.

I'll keep saying it and saying it, you need to run for political office. I'll be your first donor.

Sadly, many today possess no acumen when it comes to recognition of such elementary facts.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2007 View Post
I'm just letting you guys know if McCain win's I'm getting my visa ready and moving to Canada. Toronto is just like NYC. It's close enough.
I am SOOOO with you and I'm not even joking anymore. I'm so fed up with this country.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Not really. Obama's people have already come out with:

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency,"

Calling her a "former mayor", not a "current governor".

VP <> Pres.

Obama has almost no experience, and highlights Palin's limited foreign policy experience only. Whats that telling you?

It tells me she has 20 months in her state house, as opposed to Obama's 8 yrs there.

He graduated from Harvard Law, she was from Univ of Idaho.

He was elected to the US Senate, no one outside of Alaska knows who she IS.

McCain is OLD he has had illnesses and Momma is 93 but Daddy is long dead. If you are old and running for VP and your main criticism of your opponent is he is inexperienced you go and put someone far LESS qualified in to be one heartbeat (very OLD heartbeat in this case) away from the Presidency?

Old 08-29-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I'd rather have a VP with no foreign policy experience than the Commander in Chief reading Cliffs Notes on how to handle foreign issues. Again, I am not voting for a D or R, but Palin was a good choice. She's fresh, she's genuine, and she is still not tainted by the trash in Washington.

And yet again, the Democrats show their class by pretty much saying "a small town is useless and has no real issues". Wake up kids, the country is bigger than NY, NJ, CT, MA, and CA. God, I love that elitist liberal mindset that if it doesn't happen in a major coastal city, then who cares? It's useless to us anyway.
I so have to disagree with you.

When Ronald Reagan ran for office he was criticized for not having national experience. He said if we took CA and made it a country it would have the fifth largest economy in the world...that gives it some validity. If I was running and said, "Well, I was president of my kid's schools PTA" it is not the same thing. So it does make a huge difference.

And frankly - middle America has been saddling us with this ahole in Washington for 8 years now (look how good he's done) and I'm sick to death of having OUR values stomped on by Religious Right FREAKS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey