Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:16 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
I love Garden State Plaza... it's always packed (mostly on saturdays).
It has so many stores, restaurants and many things to do there

I also like Palisades Mall, but that is in New York State (Near border of NJ)
Both are my favorites, although I think I prefer Palisade Center. I used to spend Sundays there sometimes and also Nyack Main St. shopping. Seems alot of antique shops have moved out though over the years. I miss them all! Nothing like that here in Fl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I used to love it, but I'm a Paramus Park Convert. Not as much to do there, but it's less packed, usually gets a better crowd and it's nice.

I remember when GSP was still an OUTDOOR mall!
Me too! I did the windows for Canadians and Pants Place there with my sister. We also did both stores at Paramus Park. We did their window displays and interiors! Good old days! I remember the outdoor pretzel guy in the winter....OH! and Wolfies restaurant. Yikes...long time ago! How about Ohrbacks at the Bergen Mall? I even remember when there was a Roller Rink on 17 in Paramus! And Grand Way! Let here some more memories of stores gone by...Korvettes! Service Merchandise! Was next to Burlingtons on 17. Consumers was in Westwood!

Old 09-07-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Yes, Riverside is nice too. I love the Barnes & Noble. Not as much as the one on 17 (B&N that is) but I love B&N in general!
MMMMM....gotta love Houstons! Place is packed 7 days a week....their ribs are too die for!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
What is that newish strip mall in montvale on chestnut ridge road.. .my last trip back to NJ a month ago thats where i met friends at the apple store...
i like that place.. .

i used to live in hackensack so riverside was my mawl...

i can't wait to see what the bergen mall will look like when done...

im a guy with a shoe thing and im a big fan of century 21... my friends have seen the glazed look in my eyes when shoe shopping and know to leave me alone and wait for me to call them when done.. not a pleasant site let me tell you..
I think that's Tice Corner. It is nice, but I can't go there on principal because I miss Tice Fams so much. LOL

Old 09-07-2008, 11:27 AM

OMG - Canadians ans Pants Place...you are taking me back to when I was young, cool & hip! LOL!

If it's a Sunday - I'm a Menlo Park gal. I like Woodbridge too. It's a drive for me, but I don't mind. I'm not really jazzed about Willowbrook.

I have heard Rockaway Mall is much nicer now, I may have to check that out one day.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Willowbrook Mall....did the windows there too for Pants Place and Canadians. That Mall was always too big for me. I spent alot of time shopping at PP (Paramus Park) was 5 min. from my house. Tice Farms....grew up in that area in Washington Twp. Also spent some years working at Merceds Benz there. I remember my parents taking me and my sisters to Tice's in the fall when we were little for cider and donuts and to pick out a pumkin. In the summer, baskets of peaches. And they had the best home made apple pies. Hey...remember the Dugan Man? He delivered milk, donuts. He would bring the tray of donuts to the front door! Now that is really going back! NJ was a great place to grow up, or at least it was back then. Yikes...good old Jersey!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:46 PM

183 posts, read 521,256 times
Quote:
I used to love it, but I'm a Paramus Park Convert. Not as much to do there, but it's less packed, usually gets a better crowd and it's nice.

I remember when GSP was still an OUTDOOR mall!
As do I! And I much preferred it. Remember? It was Bambergers and some plant nursery! So much more manageable. )
Sherry

Old 09-07-2008, 02:48 PM

183 posts, read 521,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Me too! I did the windows for Canadians and Pants Place there with my sister. We also did both stores at Paramus Park. We did their window displays and interiors! Good old days! I remember the outdoor pretzel guy in the winter....OH! and Wolfies restaurant. Yikes...long time ago! How about Ohrbacks at the Bergen Mall? I even remember when there was a Roller Rink on 17 in Paramus! And Grand Way! Let here some more memories of stores gone by...Korvettes! Service Merchandise! Was next to Burlingtons on 17. Consumers was in Westwood!
I'm traveling the memory journey right along with you. And 'Two Guys from Harrison' and Modell's when it was a supermarket that brought the bags to the car (and not a sports store) and, more recently, Alexander's. )

Old 09-07-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapshoe View Post
As do I! And I much preferred it. Remember? It was Bambergers and some plant nursery! So much more manageable. )
Sherry
Arcadian Gardens, I think that was it! I remember my grandma buying me tulis that were in this little wooden shoe there!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:29 PM

Oh I can't tell you how many times I got lost in the clothing racks at the Two Guys in North Bergen! LOL! Then when I was a teen it was TSS Seedmans, which I never liked, but I used to go there and buy my "records" and "casettes" for my "Walkman" LOL

Not Ipod days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey