Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 PM

111 posts, read 516,299 times

Advertisements

I did a little looking into the park and ride myself, and found there was no information of real substance on the subject. If you Google "Barnegat Municipal Park/Ride", you'll see a link to an NJ Transit website and even an address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 11:40 AM

19 posts, read 96,449 times
Yup nothing of substance. I found the apartment ratings website - my word - the mixed reviews are amazing. One woman in Emerald said that while there had been some crimes it's all relative and I tend to agree with her - however I'm still not happy with the notion that there maybe homeless people living in the woods =- an allegation but these things don't come out of thin air. AH at B has rave reviews as you would think it would given its upscale status. Love that ratings site tho' really interesting.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:57 AM

My attraction to TR, NDL, was its size, proximity to water, ease of commuting to work in Man and family on SI and friends who live a little further south and its potential for future employment with all its courts and social service providers. I have a car but would not it use it for work. I lived in a suburb once and realize I will have to adjust to driving to the store and making sure I'm done before heading home 'cause I can't just go downstairs as I do now. I'm aware of the water as I've traveled all through south Jersey for 35 years to family, friends and camping. Moing away from NYC and all its amenities and yes food stuffs will be a change. Some things of long standing will be difficult to adjust to like really good bread and bagels. I understand some shops import water from NYC for their baking. Still the idea of a reduction in pollution both air and noise and size of buildings and cleaner streets and roads and etc is something to work towards and is very motivating.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:18 PM

37 posts, read 166,794 times
I wouldn't recommend Emerald apts....I grew up in TR and live only about 10 minutes away in Brick now...

I would recommend moving to Brick instead of TR...they both offer the same things as far as restaurants, shopping, etc...they both have access to the Island if you want to go to the beach...and Brick was rated the 5th safest city in the US.. :-) It is really only just a few minutes from TR so if you're moving for work then you won't have much a commute to speak of. Also if you need mass transit then the Pt. Pleasant station is alot closer if you live in Brick..

One plus is that although traffic is bad is both towns....Brick traffic doesn't get a whole lot worse in the summer while TR is impossible to navigate on RT 37 on a summer Monday morning or Friday evening..

Try checking out the Drum Point Apartments in Brick off of Brick Blvd...it's garden style so not very fancy but not much crime to speak of.

I love TR but wouldn't move back...

Old 02-15-2007, 04:56 PM

15 posts, read 61,359 times
Default You can get good bagels/bread in TR...

there are a couple of good bagel places and bakeries in TR. Also I don't know what the water issues are that people are referring to here. I never had any problems with my water when I lived there.

As for Brick vs TR, I personally prefer TR. Also, think Brick is a little more expensive as far as houses, rents etc. And I can tell you that Terrace View Apartments are probably a lot quieter than Drum Point Apts, which are located in a very busy area on Brick Blvd.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 PM

Hi all - as for my experience of water over the years of visiting, some areas have really hard water and you can't get soap to lather, also some areas, maybe a little further south, have that sulphur/rotten egg odor at times. Then, for those who have ever lived in NY area for any length of time they will tell you that NJ water has a flat taste. Don't ask, but I know when I visit friends in Manahawkin who relocated from SI a few years ago, they provide and only drink bottled water. It is different, not so much a 'problem' as a regional thing.
Many review Brick and give it high marks - well deserved from what I read. It is a thought but for some reason I keep thinking TR or a little further south like Barnegat. Maybe it's because of the fond memories I have from when my kids were little and we'd pack up on a week-end morning with friends and go down to TR from SI to go crabbing in the river, renting row boats, walking in the river up to our knees by some big bridge and scouping up big crabs with nets, depositing them in baskets floating in inner tubes fastened around our waists by ropes while someone towed the row boat along with all our supplies and the littlest ones in it. The prize was the shedder/soft shell hiding under the male - they were the best. Who knows what sets our directional signal when allowed to free spin it. Thanks for all the suggestions and the info on the bagel places in TR. Good to know.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:51 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,652,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jat333 View Post
My attraction to TR, NDL, was its size, proximity to water, ease of commuting to work in Man and family on SI and friends who live a little further south and its potential for future employment with all its courts and social service providers.
Jat, I think it's great, that you have a fair amount of knowledge about different New Jersey areas. I wish I had that knowledge, before I had made my first move to NJ, for I wouldn't have moved to the town that I had - which seemed to have all the disadvantages that I listed, *unlike* T.R. or Brick, which I think are fantastic.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:55 AM
NDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisavern View Post
Also I don't know what the water issues are that people are referring to here. I never had any problems with my water when I lived there.
I lived in a former industrial town in Central NJ, whose water was terrible. Not only for drinking, but also for bathing, and washing clothes.

As I grew familiar with different NJ areas, I learned that some have excellent water; some don't.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:03 AM
NDL

And for those who haven't yet been there, there's a cute pizzeria in nearby Neptune City:

http://www.peteandeldas.com/

Old 02-16-2007, 10:28 AM

15 posts, read 61,359 times
Default Oh Pete & Elda's is great...*m

my Dad lives in NC now and no trip to NJ is complete without a visit to Pete & Elda's.

About the water, no such problems like that, at least in TR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey