Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:03 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times

Advertisements

This guy was cool. He was a great master of disguise and started some show (TV) and was involved with kids with problems. What happened to him?? He was a nj guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 02:12 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
This guy was cool. He was a great master of disguise and started some show (TV) and was involved with kids with problems. What happened to him?? He was a nj guy?
Is this the Toma that was a cop on TV? I use to play Toma with my neighbor... I was always Toma : )) I believe the show switched over to the name Berretta?

Old 12-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Is this the Toma that was a cop on TV? I use to play Toma with my neighbor... I was always Toma : )) I believe the show switched over to the name Berretta?
yes that was the guy, what ever happened to that guy and show. He was pretty cool. He was like my scared straight program but it did not work for me at the time. But thats the guy. I am suprised you remembered that show!! This was like a talk type show to bad kids. It was not a scripted show. He was from NJ right?

Old 12-17-2008, 02:24 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Is it this David Toma?

YouTube - David Toma: Drug Dealers

Old 12-17-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Is it this David Toma?

YouTube - David Toma: Drug Dealers
yes that was him, you just jogged alot of old memories for me. He lost his kid, while saving someones kid. This was a good man!! He did alot for the community. He cared about people. I dont want to go into my rant on how I hate dealers, you know how I feel about them, I hate them, I would narc anyone of them out if found out !!

You found him. Funny I used to watch this as a little kid. What happened to him??????

Hey there was a cop I actually like!!!!!! This guy was good. We need more like him. The whole drug dealing scene has changed but the message is the same. We need more like him today.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:01 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,952,205 times
Yes I remember the series on TV and reading about him since I originate from Newark.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,112,914 times
When I was in high school during the mid 1990s, he gave an anti-drug assembly at my high school. A very powerful, emotional speaker, who's seen it all when it comes to crime and youth drug use.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
When I was in high school during the mid 1990s, he gave an anti-drug assembly at my high school. A very powerful, emotional speaker, who's seen it all when it comes to crime and youth drug use.
welcome John, I see that your pretty new. Well thanks for answering! Marilyn

Old 04-19-2009, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,606 times
Smile I know Dave Toma

All, Dave is my husband's uncle. He has never stopped working with people and trying to make the world healthier and happier. We actually worry about him 'cause he works so hard for others while often neglecting himself. Anyway, he's still a hero and still would do just about anything for a person in pain. He's amazing.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Kay View Post
All, Dave is my husband's uncle. He has never stopped working with people and trying to make the world healthier and happier. We actually worry about him 'cause he works so hard for others while often neglecting himself. Anyway, he's still a hero and still would do just about anything for a person in pain. He's amazing.
GREAT, really cool, I started this thread !! For some reason this man has never left my mind. He was/is a great person. I am so happy you answered!!!!!!!!!!! And I am happy he is alive and still a hero! You can tell him he was my hero too!! Marilyn

thank you for coming and making this your first post. I am glad you came along to tell me he is alive and well. You have a great Uncle in Law!!! Thanks for coming , keep posting on any topic, this is a fun site and group. WELCOME!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey