Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 PM

576 posts, read 1,597,068 times

Advertisements

Yea Paterson is no gem but I would not say its on the level of Camden and Newark. It's more on par with Jersey City and East Orange etc. Sad that it was once a nice town, maybe SOMEDAY it will bounce back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,234 times
don't live in Paterson.it's a **** hole.i call it little Porto Rico to nothing but Pr's.they run that city now.even the blacks hate it now.it's nasty and dirty....i lived there all my life when i had a child and he hit school age.we had to go.the schools do not help a child when they need it.and they push your kid through.the schools are over crowded.it's nothing but foreigners.you have to speck Spanish to live there...DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Last edited by colleen mckinstry; 10-24-2011 at 12:00 AM..

Old 10-28-2011, 06:37 PM

74 posts, read 304,680 times
The world would be a better place if they just burned the whole damn town down. And Irvington too while they are at it. Dumbass people walking around with their pants down past their ass all day doing nothing with their lives.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:38 PM

74 posts, read 304,680 times
And I know this will be deleted because of all this political correct bull****, but it's the truth and most of you will agree with me but never say it

Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS250 View Post
The world would be a better place if they just burned the whole damn town down. And Irvington too while they are at it. Dumbass people walking around with their pants down past their ass all day doing nothing with their lives.
Paterson has some really nice parts , so why would you burn it down? Theres also a decent sized White and Asian population , surely you wouldn't burn those neighborhoods down.

Last edited by DarkWolf; 10-28-2011 at 09:26 PM..

Old 10-28-2011, 11:25 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times
paterson sucks

Old 10-28-2011, 11:45 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,130,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Paterson has some really nice parts , so why would you burn it down? Theres also a decent sized White and Asian population , surely you wouldn't burn those neighborhoods down.
Most of the Whites live on the outskirts of Paterson. The census tract with the highest White population is only at 37%, so it's not like an all-White neighborhood or anything.

There are a few other census tracts that are around 20% White (along the southern border of the city), but that's it.

There's only one area with a lot of Asians, and it's in western Paterson (26% Asian).

Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Most of the Whites live on the outskirts of Paterson. The census tract with the highest White population is only at 37%, so it's not like an all-White neighborhood or anything.

There are a few other census tracts that are around 20% White (along the southern border of the city), but that's it.

There's only one area with a lot of Asians, and it's in western Paterson (26% Asian).
They are all white neighborhoods , whens the last time you have visited Paterson?

Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 AM

625 posts, read 3,636,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS250 View Post
What a nasty comment to make. Why would you burn down a town that I live in and alot of hardworking people as well? Yes there are a ton of deadbeats there because they make welfare, section 8, and every other assistance program so easy to obtain but that doesn't mean burn down a town. If we listen to your suggestion I hate to tell you but all of the "surbananites and upper middle class" who commute to Paterson to work (yes they do work here St. Joseph Hosp, City Hall, and other government entities and businesses) would be out of a job and let's see how fast whatever neighborhood you live in collapses and turns into a "Paterson".

Old 10-13-2016, 09:36 AM

68 posts, read 68,939 times
A little late with a reply, however, I know the areas and I would suggest looking in Hackensack, great bus service to Paterson, you would take the #770 bus from the Hackensack terminal to Main St. in Paterson and take another bus/van on Main St. directly to St. Joseph's Hospital. You could also take the #712 bus to Paterson from Hack. bus Terminal. Hack. has many apt. buildings, high rises on Prospect, most expensive, and various smaller apts. around the area. Not many houses to rent around Bergen County NJ or NJ in general. So apt. would be best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey