Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:40 PM

16 posts, read 129,961 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My name is Ali and I live in a small town in central NJ called Metuchen. I'm also a realtor so I have a lot of area knowledge. There are several great towns that fit what your requirements, including Westfield, Cranford, HIghland Park and Metuchen. Each has it's appeals, but Metuchen has a direct train line into NYC which the others don't have and you can get a nice home in your price range. I live in Metuchen and have 2 young boys, 5 and 2, and it's a great place to live. The main street has restaurants, coffee shops, etc and is always booming with foot traffic. It's safe, with good schools and alot of community activities. if you send me your email, I can send youa neighborhood report on those towns and you can see what you think. I can also send you available homes for sale in each of them and you can see which appeal to you. In case you're not already aware, my services to you, as a buyer, are absolutely free and I'd be happy to help you.

Ali
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 08:24 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali herzog View Post
Hi,

My name is Ali and I live in a small town in central NJ called Metuchen. I'm also a realtor so I have a lot of area knowledge. There are several great towns that fit what your requirements, including Westfield, Cranford, HIghland Park and Metuchen. Each has it's appeals, but Metuchen has a direct train line into NYC which the others don't have and you can get a nice home in your price range. I live in Metuchen and have 2 young boys, 5 and 2, and it's a great place to live. The main street has restaurants, coffee shops, etc and is always booming with foot traffic. It's safe, with good schools and alot of community activities. if you send me your email, I can send youa neighborhood report on those towns and you can see what you think. I can also send you available homes for sale in each of them and you can see which appeal to you. In case you're not already aware, my services to you, as a buyer, are absolutely free and I'd be happy to help you.

Ali
Just wondering if Business is slow ?
Because You post the same reply on everthing

Old 10-04-2007, 02:34 PM

52 posts, read 149,864 times
Cranford Nj Is Beautiful....great School Systems.....very If No Crime Rate....very Much To Offer....beautiful Homes....very Clean......walkable Downtown....transportation To Nyc....etc...etc...etc.....

Old 10-05-2007, 12:21 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,244,428 times
What about Newark? I was there on business and downtown was packed with people. We ate at a swanky new restaurant on Broad Street.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 PM

123 posts, read 568,412 times
Hey JerZ...I live in Westwood and all the stores you mentioned are still here. We have Gap, CVS, and a few other chains in town, along with a plethora of smaller stores. There are 3 pizza places in the downtown area between Broadway and Kinderkamack, the main area...wait, they just added a new one so it is 4. We have a few Asian restaurants, a Greek one, Mexican restaurant, a bunch of Italian restaurants (sit down, more expensive places) as well as delis and other stuff. Plus, we have a toy store, old fashioned book shop, 2 chocolate shops (both of which are older than me and have great ice cream and nuts and chocolate). There is an abundance of clothing stores, as well as a movie theatre, the post office is in the middle of town, and like 3 banks. A crappy diner (like, real crappy), a pet store a couple of jewelry stores and salons...Hair Trendz is great for the whole family. Any store you can imagine can be found in Westwood, except of course a real grocery store...there are 4 within a 5 minute drive, and a Trader Joe's is a block from the downtown across from the police station/municipal building, which is also a block from downtown. The ski shop is still there, in a strip with a couple of delis, another jewelry store, another salon, and a tuxedo shop, but Carvel is not there anymore. Just an altogether great town. Oh, and there is another drug store other than CVS. Message me if you need any more info.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:38 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk View Post
Can anyone recommend a NJ town that is really walkable and people actually walk and use the downtown. We are looking to relocate, my husband works in biotech and is currently job hunting. I'm looking to live in a town where I don't need to drive to the grocery store, and it has to be a good grocery store (like whole foods/wild oats), and good restaurants.
I don't mind a small older home, around 600K-700K.
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We currently live in Carmel Indiana, suburban HELL! I can't take it any more!
Thanks, Michelle
Michelle
I know this post is 7 months old , but it popped up again so i figured i would ask how you made out
did you find a nice town that you like ?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:54 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,489 times
Haddonfield ( think that was mentioned) upscaled community. Hammonton, quieter has a town center but haven't been there in many years.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:06 PM

140 posts, read 606,267 times
"If there are so many people in this nation who don't want to see us become one incessant suburb devoid of character, individuality, or open space, then why is nobody making their voices heard?" (SWB) SWB: As a matter of fact, I did just that: I made my voice heard on a Texas thread. Unfortunately, I have seen first hand how people just fall into the trap of sameness and big box stores, malls, cookie cutter homes, and the such, for as many reasons as there are stars in the sky. So, as long as there is a market, the developers and greedy money makers will continue to build them. There is nothing more pleasant than a stroll down a Main Street, or a quaint coastal village, a meadow, mountains...you name it --

Old 03-08-2008, 10:44 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,789 times
Trenton.... according to a new list! LOL

Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 PM

786 posts, read 2,664,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaza216 View Post
Cranford Nj Is Beautiful....great School Systems.....very If No Crime Rate....very Much To Offer....beautiful Homes....very Clean......walkable Downtown....transportation To Nyc....etc...etc...etc.....
The Cranford downtown is small, but I'm surprised at how lively it can get sometimes. The problem with the train is that there is no direct route to NYC, although I honestly try to avoid that place if I can help it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey