Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

I felt the original thread title and article as presented on the forum was intentionally misleading. This was borne out when a subsequent poster thought the incidents occurred in NJ. I had to do a double take as to where the reported incidents occurred.

If their was an honest attempt to raise an awareness of a particular issue, the article should have included a preface to support the, "history lesson for NJ".

Again, the link I posted previously shows several states where the original post, whitout qualification, would have been more appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
I don't expect you to buy into "white guilt". I don't even expect you to acknowledge that white guilt exist. After all you've spent the last page or two of this thread trying to convince me that the horrors of the past should be but a footnote in the pages of history and we should press ahead like nothing ever happened.

You're a direct descendant of a Union soldier, huh? Great! And he volunteered too? Wowzers! So does that mean I somehow owe you a debt of gratitude on behalf of my ancestors? Oh I get it...........you're one of those people who actually believes the Civil War was all about freeing the slaves
No actually I don't, but if I did being as I'm supposed to feel some guilt over slavery than hell yeah I also should be owed some gratitude.

But I do believe we have moved ahead....we now have a black president..well actually bi racial..so the chant of the white man keeping us down no longer holds any water

The only thing ever holding an individual down no matter what color or race they be is the individual

and oh by the way you don't know me or my family..I think you may be shocked if you knew how..and LordI hate this word...diverse my family is..I've always taught my kids to choose their friends etc based on the morals, convictions of person..not by race creed religion etc and it has stayed with them into adulthood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey