Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 10:26 PM

469 posts, read 1,642,040 times

Advertisements

I want to take a limo ride and stop around the city (my dad's friend is a limo driver). I have places already planned out for me and my friends to go, have the money, but need like two more ideas/stops.

What are some good places in Times Square? We want to see the Naked Cowboy, isn't he at the center? What about the Museum of Sex? How long does their tour go for, what are some fun places to stop in Times Square that will take up around a half hour?

Lastly, does anyone have any other stops besides Times Square? I'm also going for pizza and desert in Little Italy and going to St. Patrick's Cathedral.
I need two more ideas, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,167,997 times
Gotta go to Chinatown as well, as long as you're going to be in Little Italy - have apps on Mott Street, and walk around, buying trinkets at the vendors there. And forget about the museum of sex - go over to the Village and just walk around some of the shops there....

Colony Records is fun to go through. There's the M&M Store and Hershey store. You can do something completely inane and take a ride on the Ferris Wheel that's inside the Toys R Us on 44th and broadway.

The Nekkid Cowboy isn't always there.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 PM

Are there any pizzerias like right next to the Museum of Sex? How is the Hersey Store? I was thinking of going to see the Naked Cowboy, take some fun birthday pictures in the center of times square, and go to the Virgin Megastore since its closing in April (anyone know when)?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:09 AM

517 posts, read 1,966,713 times
Don't forget to save some fun for the big b-day next year!!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,635,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowOrNever View Post
I want to take a limo ride and stop around the city (my dad's friend is a limo driver). I have places already planned out for me and my friends to go, have the money, but need like two more ideas/stops.

What are some good places in Times Square? We want to see the Naked Cowboy, isn't he at the center? What about the Museum of Sex? How long does their tour go for, what are some fun places to stop in Times Square that will take up around a half hour?

Lastly, does anyone have any other stops besides Times Square? I'm also going for pizza and desert in Little Italy and going to St. Patrick's Cathedral.
I need two more ideas, thank you!
Caliente Cab Co. -mexican restaurant in the village! They actually have a cab coming out the side of the building..at least they did years ago.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,774,973 times
Mona said it all! Go to chinatown since you'll be there anyway. That's always a trip in itself!

Yes, Naked Cowboy parks it in Times Square but like Mona said, not all the time.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Here's his website:

Naked Cowboy

Old 02-18-2009, 02:04 PM

He is often in that exact spot (the spot where he is in the opening of his website) that's where I've seen him on youtube videos and photos. Hopefully he will be their, it's gonna be on a Saturday night and well probably be in Times Square around 9, 10 pm. Somewhere around their.

I was thinking this:
-Pizza (is there a good pizza place by the Museum of Sex)?
-Museum of Sex
-St. Patrick's Cathedral
-Times Square (Naked cowboy, Pictures in front of the heart of TS, Virgin Megastore, maybe Hershey Store if we have enough time)
-Little Italy - desert and just walking through the city

Question is: Is there a good pizza place near the museum of sex?

Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 PM

I'm honestly not sure. There are good pizza places all over the city - I don't know if there is specifically one there.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:53 PM

What are some cool places next to the Virgin Megastore in Times Square to go to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey