Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I'm the anti-liberal but give the guy a break. Who HASN'T said this joke in one form or another 150 times in their lives?

-Marc
I just don't think a man of his status, who holds an important title (probably the most important title in the world) as President of the United States, should be making those types of comments on public television. that's crap. people in other parts of the world could've saw that, and God knows what they think of him now.

yeah sure everyone has cracked that joke at least once. but we're plebeians, we're normal people. You have to make sure that you don't say it around anyone who's related to some one who is challenged. I always try to be careful about that, and even I know that public television is not a place to say something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Well, since Bush and McCain represent a party that has more ideological commonalities with the klan than not, such comments would be interpreted differently. Rightly so, given the history of insensitivity.

But the funny thing about Obama is that while people who don't want him to succeed get caught up in these nits, he IS resolving the problems of the economy and this nation, and working damn hard at it to. He's entitled to have some fun. Jesus Christ.

Nothing to do with being black or black people...
You must be joking? The republican party has nothing to do with the Klan. the only reason why some Klansmen associate themselves with the republican party is because we and the Klan both believe in preserving america, while the damn liberals rape and destroy it. I lean more towards the right, and I am certainly not a racist. In fact, I'm Catholic. the Klan wants to kill people like me.

you also clearly don't know you're history. who do you think it was in the south that committed such atrocities to the black race. IT WAS THE DEMOCRATIC SOUTHERNERS! Abe Lincoln was a REPUBLICAN AGAINST SLAVERY. the damn liberals wanted to enslave africans. the political paries didn't really "switch" until the 1930's, when the south started to become more republican. so the Klansmen believe in the same stuff as us, politically, but we don't believe in the same stuff as they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 09:16 PM

20,327 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Quote:
I'm the anti-liberal but give the guy a break. Who HASN'T said this joke in one form or another 150 times in their lives?

-Marc
Exactly. Let's lighten up a little.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:16 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,632,267 times
Obama reminds me of the old saying:

"Don't hate the player, hate the game."

It seems that so many people are getting hung up over his style, it isn't even funny anymore. The fact is, this is what makes Obama, well, Obama. He may be the President, but he won't let that position get to his head. He has a unique style and is a hard act to follow. Really, only a few people are upset about this, most are conservative talking head and bloggers.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:21 PM

[quote=STrapani1105] the only reason why some Klansmen associate themselves with the republican party is because we and the Klan both believe in preserving america, while the damn liberals rape and destroy it.

So, the agree that when the Klan, lynch innocent blacks, burn crosses, and fire bomb homes and churches, that is "preserving" America?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,632,727 times
God forbid a white Republican cracks a joke about a monkey, because then we'd spend a week wringing our hands and wondering whether he meant our Chimp-in-Chief Obama or just a regular monkey.

But since it's a black president making fun of mentally retarded and physically disabled people, then just a smile and more empty words will soothe everyone.

Gotta love the double-standard.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:40 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Let's just say it send the Stock Market down -122.

I am so glad I don't own stock, and that our 401k is in secure savings.

Diane G

Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,632,727 times
Quote:

-Marc
I'll start lightening up when the libs stop jumping down the throat of anyone who says anything they disagree with, crying racism/sexism/whateverism every chance they get. Until then, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,249 times
[quote=SilkCity0416;7979978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105
the only reason why some Klansmen associate themselves with the republican party is because we and the Klan both believe in preserving america, while the damn liberals rape and destroy it.

So, the agree that when the Klan, lynch innocent blacks, burn crosses, and fire bomb homes and churches, that is "preserving" America?
that is crap. we republicans are preserving this beautiful land called america from the liberals that seek to reform (destroy) it. we believe in conquest, success, and all the other glorious things that america stands for. we believe in the individual not the group.

the Klan wants to preserve America in a slightly different way. the want to keep america white, because they feel that minorities will destroy this country. they don't want the liberal government handing out welfare to minorities. i however, don't want the government handing out welfare checks to anybody, regardless of race. that's where the Klan and the republican party differ.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Exactly. Let's lighten up a little.
No man, no way. I'm going to be the forum troll on this one!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
God forbid a white Republican cracks a joke about a monkey, because then we'd spend a week wringing our hands and wondering whether he meant our Chimp-in-Chief Obama or just a regular monkey.

But since it's a black president making fun of mentally retarded and physically disabled people, then just a smile and more empty words will soothe everyone.

Gotta love the double-standard.
Lets keep race out of this. This isn't a black or white issue ( figuratively and literally ) it is just Obama making a silly mistake on TV. Why would someone turn this into race is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey