Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,220 times

Advertisements

Pillows, mouth pieces are mostly ineffective. Your husband probably needs CPAP therapy. It means getting a sleep study done at a local hospital or study center, and using a small machine and face mask to gently pressurize his airway. Snoring immediately ceases, and the body begins to repair itself. I know because I've been on it for 2 years. It probably reversed my spiral towards a stroke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 01:17 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,523 times
Lightbulb No way CPAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
Pillows, mouth pieces are mostly ineffective. Your husband probably needs CPAP therapy. It means getting a sleep study done at a local hospital or study center, and using a small machine and face mask to gently pressurize his airway. Snoring immediately ceases, and the body begins to repair itself. I know because I've been on it for 2 years. It probably reversed my spiral towards a stroke.
I could not imagine sleeping with that CPAP contraption strapped to my head. I would dream I was being attacked by a giant squid.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,634,767 times
Is there a reason why some people would need to use a CPAP machine instead of having corrective surgery? I friend had the surgery and he seems fine, but maybe there are some cases where surgery is not appropriate. I'm just curious ...

Old 05-27-2009, 01:42 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,757,400 times
When the snoring gets too bad My wife kicks me out of bed. I dont mind so much, I go sleep with my son. He could care less.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,522,974 times
ok here is one that I know you people think I am crazy. Do not eat any carbs at night. I found that when people dont eat carbs (bread, goodies, cakes, cookies ) at night they dont snore. Just eat meat and veggies or cheese or fat and protien after 6.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 PM

63 posts, read 109,848 times
Do what I did, I moved to the couch, I sleep all night on a couch with very thick foam seats, I can put my back up against the back of the couch, it's actually more confortable then my bed, my lower back no longer hurts.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,656,806 times
My husband snored. He hadn't had a good nights sleep in a long time. I kept bugging him to get a sleep study. FINALLY he listened to me and now he uses a CPAP machine. It took about a week to get use to it, but now he even puts it on for short naps on the weekends. The doctor explained that people who have apnea have a much higher risk for irreversable heart disease. Now that he uses the CPAP he has stopped any further problems associated with sleep apnea and heart disease.

He had tried the nasal strips and throat sprays, but they did nothing. I am sure if he looses some weight, he may be able to get ride of the machine. He wanted to try the pillow, but we never got around to it.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
your husbands are fat disgusting slobs. leave them, get breast implants, upgrade.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 AM

63 posts, read 109,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
your husbands are fat disgusting slobs. leave them, get breast implants, upgrade.
Captain, how do you know they are fat and why do you think we need breast implants?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:41 PM

730 posts, read 2,888,690 times
Why do so many posters assume this man is fat? Did I miss that in the OP? My husband snores because of respiratory problems he incurred during the 9-11 rescue/cleanup.

He doesn't have any fat on his body and is in great shape. He just has problems with his sinuses that doctors have not been able to fix.

Not everyone who snores is fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey