Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:58 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBlinkyLite View Post
Now you behave yourself Captain!
What hurricane, Katrina?
it was hurricane wilma. i was staying at the aventura palace in mexico. they stuck us all in the convention center where we slept on pool chairs. i could manage sleeping on a pool chair, but the snorers were torture. you would be up in the middle of the night and you have 1 man or woman snoring away. you look around and people all around are awake because of them. if i was there much longer i think there would have been a revolt and we would have killed the snorers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 08:00 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,568,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
I could not imagine sleeping with that CPAP contraption strapped to my head. I would dream I was being attacked by a giant squid.
I have one and I can hardly use it for that reason except it makes me feel like an aardvark!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:02 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
I was married to a man who snored and he drove me nuts, he also talked, yelled and screamed in his sleep.

I gave up and got a set of ear plugs and slept well.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:05 PM

63 posts, read 109,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I was married to a man who snored and he drove me nuts, he also talked, yelled and screamed in his sleep.

I gave up and got a set of ear plugs and slept well.
Uh oh, the key word here is......."was".

Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
it was hurricane wilma. i was staying at the aventura palace in mexico. they stuck us all in the convention center where we slept on pool chairs. i could manage sleeping on a pool chair, but the snorers were torture. you would be up in the middle of the night and you have 1 man or woman snoring away. you look around and people all around are awake because of them. if i was there much longer i think there would have been a revolt and we would have killed the snorers.
the worst part was no banging. after about 5 days they cleaned up some showers but only gave us a few minutes to clean up.

i saw two chicks going to the showers and im pretty sure they were gonna do some lesbianism. the wife wouldnt let me tag along. also, just before i was able to leave some people were able to go to a town close by and get drunk. some 50ish year old guy pees in the lobby area on a door in front of everyone. things were starting to get good over there. people started setting up pool chairs to sleep outside to get away from the snorers.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
imo: any old pillow will do as long as you hold it tight enough and long enough over his face. The snoring will eventually stop.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 06:17 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Wondering what your experience has been if u have used this product..........thanks

I will have to try it on my husband. His snoring sucks.........I have to kick him out of bed.................because it is so loud the bed vibrates! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea. WIll try that....I am desperate. I think if he lost 30 lbs. it would help too. It sounds like thunder.........

Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBlinkyLite View Post
Uh oh, the key word here is......."was".
I have always wondered how the marriage might have proceeded had I been able to sleep. Day after day with little or no sleep even with the ear plugs left me rather crazed.

Not that I ever would have but I remember laying in bed at night, listening to him, wondering if I could cut him up in the bathtub and take him out one bag at a time, maybe plant a flower bed over him, crazed things like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey