Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,588,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta2 View Post
Does anyone know how far Short Hills is from Wayne, NJ? I'd be working near Berdan Ave and Indian Road. Thanks.
Survey says: About 45 minutes.
Its only a bit over 20 miles but mostly local roads, thus lower speed and traffic lights.

Shnoogle maps gives you 3 options here:
from: short hills to: Berdan Ave & Indian Rd, Wayne, NJ 07470 - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 11:47 AM

10 posts, read 35,441 times
Franklin Lakes is very close to Wayne, and is beautiful. a lot of newer big houses - and not all as huge as the houses on The Real Houswives of NJ :-) Definitely check out some of the nice towns in Bergen County - Franklin Lakes, Wyckoff, Ridgewood.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:41 PM

4 posts, read 17,538 times
I can't help you with your Real Estate question, but you're going to need a great reliable hair stylist. I suggest the JC Penney Salon in Wayne, NJ. We are a large multicultural family salon. We offer all hair services, manicures, pedicures, massage and facials (973) 785-3287.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:31 AM

120 posts, read 302,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esonzo View Post
Franklin Lakes is very close to Wayne, and is beautiful. a lot of newer big houses - and not all as huge as the houses on The Real Houswives of NJ :-) Definitely check out some of the nice towns in Bergen County - Franklin Lakes, Wyckoff, Ridgewood.
Those sound great, I'll look into them. Does anyone know if there is a Cheesecake Factory or a P.F. Chang's around? Thanks!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 AM

512 posts, read 1,755,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta2 View Post
Those sound great, I'll look into them. Does anyone know if there is a Cheesecake Factory or a P.F. Chang's around? Thanks!
I think the Willowbrook Mall, a pretty big mall, is in Wayne. NJ has the most big malls per capita, or something like that.

Here's a directory of the mall:

Store Directory (http://www.willowbrook-mall.com/html/storedirectory.asp - broken link)

Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
I think the Willowbrook Mall, a pretty big mall, is in Wayne. NJ has the most big malls per capita, or something like that.

Here's a directory of the mall:

Store Directory (http://www.willowbrook-mall.com/html/storedirectory.asp - broken link)
Yeah! A Cheesecake Factory. Willowbrook Mall sounds nice. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Default one more quick question

Just one more question for now. Where would you suggest to look for a home BETWEEN Wayne and The Mall at Short Hills? Thanks again.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:01 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,588,795 times
Well, between those places you obviously have the Caldwells, which is Caldwell, West Caldwell, North Caldwell, Verona, those are all mostly residential. Essex Fells too, but from being in Essex Fells, that always looks like a more pricey area.
Some other possibilities are Cedar Grove, West Orange both residential. Roseland to me is mostly big office parks filled with lawyers, etc.

BTW all along Bloomfield Ave, US-46 and NJ-10 you have restaurants and retail stores. Those are all the main highways that where there before the Interstates were built.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Well, between those places you obviously have the Caldwells, which is Caldwell, West Caldwell, North Caldwell, Verona, those are all mostly residential. Essex Fells too, but from being in Essex Fells, that always looks like a more pricey area.
Some other possibilities are Cedar Grove, West Orange both residential. Roseland to me is mostly big office parks filled with lawyers, etc.

BTW all along Bloomfield Ave, US-46 and NJ-10 you have restaurants and retail stores. Those are all the main highways that where there before the Interstates were built.
Thanks Captne. I'll look into those areas you suggested. Anyone else? I'm trying to keep the budget around 750K. I can do more if I have to, but it would be a pain to have to have a higher mortgage payment.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 PM

9 posts, read 24,332 times
Hotlanta2 - Will you be working at the Toys R Us Headquarters? That is the only major company I can think of near the intersection of Indian Road / Berdan Avenue. I think that if you'd prefer to stick to a $750k home, you'd get more for your money in Wayne or Oakland, and if you wouldn't mind a smaller home for $750k, definitely consider Franklin Lakes.

I can't speak for Oakland, but you can get a great house for $750k in Wayne. The neighborhood of Pines Lake is near Indian Road/Berdan Avenue and would offer you an EXCELLENT commute in a great neighborhood, not to mention about 20 minutes to Willowbrook Mall. Another alternative would be Packanack Lake in Wayne (This is the neighborhood I live in which is completely centered around the lake and a bit closer to Willowbrook Mall.) Either way, I moved to Wayne from Manhattan years ago and I love it - but as all places, the only way you'll ever know is if you put footwork and investigation into it and actually visit these communities one by one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey