Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:06 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
Which is why I told anyone who doubts me to read through your posts. The proof is in the pudding.
well, im not the only one you are labeling entho-centrist and bigoted here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 PM

284 posts, read 543,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
so what if he is?
He said I know nothing of his race, ethnicity, or background. But it is obvious by reading his posts that he is an angry white male of European descent that lives in the suburbs. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. As far as I am concerned, we are all beautiful children of a loving creator that can debate and disagree without hating each other, no matter where we live or what we look like. Even though some of us have deep seated problems.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,639,437 times
Quote:
He said I know nothing of his race, ethnicity, or background. But it is obvious by reading his posts that he is an angry white male of European descent that lives in the suburbs. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. As far as I am concerned, we are all beautiful children of a loving creator that can debate and disagree without hating each other, no matter where we live or what we look like. Even though some of us have deep seated problems.
And judging by your posts, I think it's fairly safe to assume your racial persuasion as well, though I didn't feel the need to drag it into the debate without cause, so who is really acting in a more bigoted fashion here?

I do not see how one who simply refers to statistics and their own personal experiences when describing a town (and yes, as I have mentioned, I have had some unpleasant experiences in Irvington...hard to believe I know!!) has "problems".

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but my town is not a top-rated crime zone

Old 08-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
And judging by your posts, I think it's fairly safe to assume your racial persuasion as well, though I didn't feel the need to drag it into the debate without cause, so who is really acting in a more bigoted fashion here?

I do not see how one who simply refers to statistics and their own personal experiences when describing a town (and yes, as I have mentioned, I have had some unpleasant experiences in Irvington...hard to believe I know!!) has "problems".

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but my town is not a top-rated crime zone
If you are assuming that I am African-American, you are wrong. And dragging your race into the debate was relevant. The person who dragged race into the debate first was CAPTAINNJ, with his racist photocropped picture of an African holding a machine gun. Why didn't you get on him for bringing race into the thread? Oh, I forgot, that was funny and OK because it did not offend YOU. In my opinion, you are an ethno-centrist angry suburban white man who feels the need to "warn" people away from a town you could care less about. You can think my opinion is off-base. The thing is, that I was correct about my assumptions concerning your race. You fit to a TEE the textbook paradigm of a suburban white male fanatic; the kind I studied in sociology class in college. You were incorrect in assuming that I am African-American. Which proves how much of an ethno-centrist you are. You cannot imagine someone who is not black making the comments that I have. You think such "radical" comments could only come from an angry black man. You know my assumptions are right on target but you can continue to deny them. You just proved the depth of your ethno-centrist thinking. Intolerant people always put thier foot in thier mouth one way or another. Just so you know: there are people who were born and raised and still live in Newark who are not black, Mr. Statistics-Reader.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:34 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,962,588 times
Quote:
That sounds nice............................... But have you been around here long enough to see CaptinNJ's posts about those "beneath him"? Those "people"?
The way he judges parts of NJ he has no familiarity with?
Speak when you know what you are talking about...................... You are "reluctant" anyway. What do you care?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
If you are assuming that I am African-American, you are wrong. And dragging your race into the debate was relevant. The person who dragged race into the debate first was CAPTAINNJ, with his racist photocropped picture of an African holding a machine gun. Why didn't you get on him for bringing race into the thread? Oh, I forgot, that was funny and OK because it did not offend YOU. In my opinion, you are an ethno-centrist angry suburban white man who feels the need to "warn" people away from a town you could care less about. You can think my opinion is off-base. The thing is, that I was correct about my assumptions concerning your race. You fit to a TEE the textbook paradigm of a suburban white male fanatic; the kind I studied in sociology class in college. You were incorrect in assuming that I am African-American. Which proves how much of an ethno-centrist you are. You cannot imagine someone who is not black making the comments that I have. You think such "radical" comments could only come from an angry black man. You know my assumptions are right on target but you can continue to deny them. You just proved the depth of your ethno-centrist thinking. Intolerant people always put thier foot in thier mouth one way or another. Just so you know: there are people who were born and raised and still live in Newark who are not black, Mr. Statistics-Reader.

I'm glad that what you read in your sociology books helps you define exactly what a person you never met is all about. And yet you look at national statistics as some generalization rooted in fantastical racism

You don't even know the name of the town in which I live. You may not have ever even stepped foot here. Yet you stereotype the suburbs and simultaneously attempt to chastise me for passing judgement on the slum of Irvington. It's so over-the-top hypocritical it's laughable.

I am white, yes, and I also have Hispanic ancestry, but of course that wouldn't fit into the neat little package of ignorance passing itself off as academia you store in your brain, so I apologize for daring to contradict your oh so wise "instincts".

As for CaptainNJ's photoshop, no I was not offended. Why would I be? You must have rather thin skin and quite a bleeding heart if a photoshopped image tortures your soul so.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
That sounds nice............................... But have you been around here long enough to see CaptinNJ's posts about those "beneath him"? Those "people"?
The way he judges parts of NJ he has no familiarity with?
Speak when you know what you are talking about...................... You are "reluctant" anyway. What do you care?
Oh please. Was this some type of pathetic attempt at a virtual scolding?

I have recently joined the forums, and have been lurking for quite a while before that. I generally enjoy CaptainNJ's posts, but what, please tell me, do the contents of another poster's contributions have to do with me? Last I checked, I was not debating the moral character of another poster, but an entirely separate issue.

And as for why I care, that's simple. I am a resident of this state. And perhaps not as many NJers would be as "reluctant" as I if those who are somewhat successful in this state were not forced to prop up the slums such as Irvington, Newark, and East Orange, which already drain a shockingly large amount of resources from my county.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I'm glad that what you read in your sociology books helps you define exactly what a person you never met is all about. And yet you look at national statistics as some generalization rooted in fantastical racism

You don't even know the name of the town in which I live. You may not have ever even stepped foot here. Yet you stereotype the suburbs and simultaneously attempt to chastise me for passing judgement on the slum of Irvington. It's so over-the-top hypocritical it's laughable.

I am white, yes, and I also have Hispanic ancestry, but of course that wouldn't fit into the neat little package of ignorance passing itself off as academia you store in your brain, so I apologize for daring to contradict your oh so wise "instincts".

As for CaptainNJ's photoshop, no I was not offended. Why would I be? You must have rather thin skin and quite a bleeding heart if a photoshopped image tortures your soul so.
You said you are upset that your town did not leave Essex County, so that means you live in Millburn. I have been there plenty of times.

It is easy to figure out a lot about you. First, because it is what I do for a living; second, because the language and the wording of your posts says a lot about you. For example: you are mundane privileged person who never had to deal with much adversity. You did average in school and you think just because you have a drop of Hispanic blood you can use that as a comeback when someone calls you intolerant.

Don't worry, you and CaptainNJ can direct message each other and "talk shop."

Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,838 times
Way to bring down a thread- posting cropped photos. That really adds to the discourse. It all sounds trolly to me as usual.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
You said you are upset that your town did not leave Essex County, so that means you live in Millburn. I have been there plenty of times.

It is easy to figure out a lot about you. First, because it is what I do for a living; second, because the language and the wording of your posts says a lot about you. For example: you are mundane privileged person who never had to deal with much adversity. You did average in school and you think just because you have a drop of Hispanic blood you can use that as a comeback when someone calls you intolerant.

Don't worry, you and CaptainNJ can direct message each other and "talk shop."
You're a real piece of work to make blatantly false statements and then hide behind a false sense of superiority. I'm glad you've been to Millburn. It's a nice little town, but it's not where I reside. If you knew a bit more about what you speak of, you would know that Millburn, Montclair, and Roseland all led the initial discussion of proposed secession. Eventually, my town and essentially every other town in the county held a joint meeting several years back to review such an issue. Who was left out of the loop? Why, I think it was Newark, East Orange, and Irvington. Gosh and golly gee, I wonder why that could be

Keep trumpeting the plight of any random slum you feel attached to. If only misplaced emotion could overturn facts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey