Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 01:08 PM

5 posts, read 27,519 times

Advertisements

We are purchasing a house with an inground pool. Can anyone recommend a pool inspector in Middlesex County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 02:36 PM

302 posts, read 2,231,693 times
Preferred Pool Inspection
Jeff Langenbach
973 669 0734

This guy is very thorough and knowledgable. Ive seen him do dozens of pool inspections and I would highly recommend him.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:44 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I was glad to make the phone call to Jeff. He did our pool inspection and was very detailed and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to others as well.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica2010 View Post
We are purchasing a house with an inground pool. Can anyone recommend a pool inspector in Middlesex County?

How thorough of an inspection can be done in winter with all the equipment "winterized" and the pool covered ???

Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 PM

302 posts, read 2,231,693 times
Jeff will take off a good portion of the cover. I'm not how thorough it is during the winter, but we were both at a house the other day, and he spent at least two hours there inspecting the pool and equipment.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
How thorough of an inspection can be done in winter with all the equipment "winterized" and the pool covered ???
I contacted two other potential pool inspectors, and all of them said that pools can be inspected any time of they year as long as the water is not frozen to the point that it can not be broken. Yes, you can not check all of the piping but then again I will not want to buy a house without the pool inspected, and it just happened that it is winter.

Jeff spent two hours with us as well. He took off most of the cover and even got his hands wet checking if the liner is smooth. I know nothing about pools, never had one and he answered all of my questions in detail. I felt much more comfortable after he left. I can not say the same about my house inspector. He was there only for an hour and even that was extended because I had to translate things to my dad who does not speak english. Without my dad there the inpector would probably be done in 40 minutes. I got no useful information and the report is very vague

Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,794 times
Default Pool Inspection Professionals

Real Estate Lawyers usually know who to call for your inspections, particulalry the hard-to-find "Certified Pool Inspector."

I only know of one pool inspection company that actually has insurance for that purpose. (It is very difficult to get and takes years of experience to obtain.)

An avergae of 3 to 4 hours is common for a comprehensive pool inspoection when there is a cover on the pool.

Equipment for "cutting" of ice should be part of the inspectors tools for winter inspections. Other equipment should include but not be limited to: Electronic Leak Detector, Electronic Leak Analyzer and be Scuba Certified.

Look for a CPI, "Certified Pool Inspector" staus with a CSP, or CBP level of education: Certified Service Professional or Certified Builder Professional from the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals. (These are the top training levels for the Association.)

Since I have not submitted enough comments on City-Data, I can not make a recommendation to you but keep in mind that there are professionals out there that have in excess of 30 yrs experience in doing this type of work. It takes many years of training to know about all the types of equipment that are part of the pools.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,874 times
Thats Funny i also know a Jeff whos been doing Pool Inspection for years He's also Certified Pool Operator Instructor, I was buying my second home In Franklin lakes,NJ I'v never owned a pool let alone how to operate one, I was Referred to Jeff by a friend, and he was fantastic he explained exactly what i needed to know about the pool and its condition, he showed me how to work the system and actually help me get some money back for repairs tat need to be done. I really couldn't be happier with the outcome. I believe he call himself the
Pool Professor
Jeff CiudadReal
201-328-5009
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: