Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:20 AM

151 posts, read 132,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
So......people who complain about the unreasonable cost of living in New Jersey and the fact that it has the highest property taxes of all 50 states are whiners and need to leave but those that just keep paying the outrageous taxes silently without questioning why should stay ? Your just the type of resident that New Jersey politicians love.
The cost of living doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

And........ they have the second highest salaries. How many times do we have to go through the same debate?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:22 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,977,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Then move out. Its that simple. You sound like a guy who can't stand his spouse and complains about her all the time.. but stays married. Quit complaining and make changes in your life if your not happy
Actually I am in the process of leaving and plan to be out in the next year or so but it takes time when you have a business to sell, etc. Bottom line is that many are trapped here due to job factors, family and financial situations beyond their control. Running away from a bad situation isn't always the answer as you seem to propose but its equally dumb to sit in silence when changes clearly need ot be made ?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:24 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,977,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp83 View Post
The cost of living doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
Your in a small minority to be sure....for proof of that just count the threads on here concerning the high cost of living and taxes in New Jersey ? Additionally......if you think the taxes and cost of living isn't unreasonable and in reality New Jersey has the highest property taxes of all 50 states what would it actually take for you to feel the cost of living to be unreasonable ? Is there a calculator made that can compute that ?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:26 AM

151 posts, read 132,837 times
Quote:
Your in a small minority to be sure....for proof of that just count the threads on here concerning the high cost of living and taxes in New Jersey ?
And then behind them count the number of people that come behind them and say that it isn't.

I am looking at this from your point of view. I went to your profile and saw that you are in your 60's and are probably looking to retire. I understand if you don't want to be here to retire because the COl is high and retirees don't work. Therefore, the COLl is extremely high for them here.

However, not everyone is 60 years old and looking to retire.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:29 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,944,603 times
You may continue this 'discussion' off the board by DM. You will continue to disagree. But take it elsewhere, please. If you can't do that I'll lock the thread.

Thank you.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:46 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Actually I am in the process of leaving and plan to be out in the next year or so but it takes time when you have a business to sell, etc. Bottom line is that many are trapped here due to job factors, family and financial situations beyond their control. Running away from a bad situation isn't always the answer as you seem to propose but its equally dumb to sit in silence when changes clearly need ot be made ?

The cost of living is very fair here. Cheaper then it was in pa when we were there.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:51 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,944,603 times
I asked you to keep this on topic. You were unable to do that. Thread locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey