Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times

Advertisements

You will definately relax. It's a great place to be to relax and enjoy nature but make sure you're totally ready for that. I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting but that's just me and my A type personality.

Where are you planning on building or I should ask, what street?
Did you buy at least 3/4 of an acre? The reason I'm asking is that a law will come into effect in 2010 that if you're going to build, you need at least that much acreage. It has to do with septic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 12:59 PM

143 posts, read 364,900 times
Default Welcome!

We plan to start building our log home spring 2010. We are also looking forward to the wonderful quiet- except for the whispering pines! We have met some really great folks since we bought 3 years ago.
Our neighors also live in El Paso.

QUOTE=frenchfriedshrimp;11152450]Interesting comment from btrouble52. I just bought land there, and we intend to build a cabin. Hope our neighbors are cool. We live in El Paso, TX, but are looking forward to get away from the city and just relax...in peace. Looking forward to visiting soon.[/quote]

Old 10-12-2009, 03:42 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,970 times
Sounds like Timberon is on the way to being Californicated. I'll pass.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:04 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Timberon is decades from Californication.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Lots and lots and lots of decades.
I think that Timberon will always be the place people want to come to, to relax.
If it hasn't grown by now, chances are pretty good, it won't, no matter how big some of the dreams are from some of the people here and then there are others that don't want Timberon to grow.
Timberon needs people with money to come in and build, to start a town but the community fights too much to come together.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:31 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
We plan to start building our log home spring 2010. We are also looking forward to the wonderful quiet- except for the whispering pines! We have met some really great folks since we bought 3 years ago.
Our neighors also live in El Paso.
Joyce,

How long will it take to build your place? Will you be staying in Timberon next summer?

Old 10-12-2009, 05:38 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,918,232 times
I've been around long enough to recall when Timberon was first developed. And some of the homes were trucked in as pre-fabs. There was a builder in El Paso (Sparks was the name I recall) who built some of the pre-fabs. And to my amazement at that time, they hauled them across the long washboard gravel road that intersects US-54 north of Orogrande (about where the current Border Patrol check point is). I wondered at the time, and wonder still, how those pre-fabs managed to survive intact after bouncing over that rough road all the way to the foundation site?

Old 10-12-2009, 06:41 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Well I'm a Californicator and I can tell you that Timberon is NOTHING like CA, thank goodness.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:14 PM

143 posts, read 364,900 times
Default Timberon in the spring!

Hey Jim:
We plan to be there this spring.......exactly when - depends upon when the Phx house sells........I have NO plans to spend another summer in the valley of the furnace...........

As for how long..........longer than I want it to - I am sure We
have learned that mtn time is a bit slower than Phx time.......also depends on when we get started.......... can we be "dried in" by monsoon time - so that we can be working inside? Unexpected contractor delays? weather? our stamina??? too many factors to have concrete time frames - but my sincere hope is less than a year......we will see.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Joyce,

How long will it take to build your place? Will you be staying in Timberon next summer?

Old 08-27-2010, 10:23 AM

14 posts, read 35,897 times
Default My place in timberon

I have a place up in timberon and I am going to go up there with in a month(I can usually only get the once a year) and I am going to start doing some land
work so I can start to clear a spot to build. And if anyone that is up in timberon could do me a huge favor, I was wondering if you could go over and drive down Hoover dr (if you're coming from the realitors office it is just over 3 miles. While you're driving down Hoover dr you'll pass Merlin dr on your left and after that it'll be the clearing on your right hand side. And I am wondering if the pickup truck(ford) is still sitting there. Thank you for our time. I really haven't gotten to be friends with anyone there so I thought this would be the best way thank you again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico