Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:33 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,831,987 times

Advertisements

The price of real estate? It is not always less expensive in NM than AZ. It depends on what areas you are looking at.

Taxes, I have not compared recently.

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:09 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,285,173 times
The warmest fair size city is going to be Cruces. And there's always at least a couple weeks of cold weather. Not brutal, by any means, but cold. You have to go down in altitude, like AZ to get warmer. Taxes in NM are about 1% of value per year and the "value" is usually a little lower than the actual market. Not sure about AZ but I'd think the Assessment offices would all have websites where it would be easy to find out.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:24 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,094,932 times
If warmth and NO COLD is that important, I'd look at places near the Texas Gulf Coast.
--> like Brownsville
--> --> better yet --> South Florida

It gets below freezing night-after-night everywhere in New Mexico some times of the year.

Even Yuma Arizona will have cold temperatures some times.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:28 AM

496 posts, read 1,056,355 times
Well thanks but We,ve visited Fl in the cold months Humidity was the Problem for my husband He has Rhematoid Arthritis In addition to Cirrhosis
The Doc said a dry warm climate might help his Arthritis and Texas is not an option He doesnt like Texas for some reason so we've been thinking either New Mexico or Arizona I need all the help I can get on this
Thanks again

Old 04-07-2009, 06:41 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,831,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weroses View Post
The Doc said a dry warm climate might help
I am in Rio Rancho (ABQ Area). It is 35 degrees right now, and the warmest it has been here in the last 24 hours has been 51 degrees.

I grew up in Florida. New Mexico definately has less humidity.

Texas is a big state with a variety of climates.

Rich

Old 04-07-2009, 07:07 AM

496 posts, read 1,056,355 times
It has been a very cold winter still hanging on we had a bad ice storm here in ky. Its 32 here now cold doesnt seem to go away Can you tell me a little more abou New Mexico?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weroses View Post
It has been a very cold winter still hanging on we had a bad ice storm here in ky. Its 32 here now cold doesnt seem to go away Can you tell me a little more abou New Mexico?
This time of year, it can be chilly in the morning but it warms up very nicely by mid-afternoon. Once the sun goes down, it will be chilly again. Even when the temps are low, however, if you are in the sun, you will probably feel warm, and since it is almost always sunny, there isn't any of the gloominess that can hang around so often in the spring in other parts of the country.

The roses are blooming, saw a hummingbird last week - it is a very nice time to be here, especially today, since the wind isn't blowing like crazy.

It does get hot in Las Cruces in the summer, not Phoenix hot, but a few days just north of 100 degrees are not uncommon.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,676,321 times
For our trip to LC April 17-20, should we just bring a light jacket? I doubt we'll be doing a lot outside at night (our first trip together without the kids, if ya know what I mean.)

It was snowing here this morning for a little while. Ugh.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
For our trip to LC April 17-20, should we just bring a light jacket? I doubt we'll be doing a lot outside at night (our first trip together without the kids, if ya know what I mean.)

It was snowing here this morning for a little while. Ugh.
Denim, light fleece, sweaters - something like that would probably be fine.
Dressing in layers always works the best for me here. Shady areas can be kind of chilly, and if it is windy, it may feel uncomfortable.

And, for walking around during the day, don't forget the sunscreen and lots of water The sunburn and dehydration can really sneak up on you.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:04 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,676,321 times
Thanks for the reminder on the sunscreen! As a redhead, I burn just thinking about the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico