Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM

157 posts, read 652,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoboy204 View Post
kaktamu87: talked with my family .. they don't really have a feel on which mid school (or H.S.) would be best .. apologies.
update: talked more with family. Sister's family is definately hoping to send their daughter to Heights jr high next year .. they feel it is the best in the area right now. best wishes and good luck ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 10:23 AM

10 posts, read 36,390 times
dgoboy 204: Thanks for your help and all the info you provided about the area. After researching all the schools, it's looking like Heights Middle School or the middle school in Aztec are the best. Will be working on Broadway in Farmington. How far would the drive be from Aztec to there? Thanks again!!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 PM

157 posts, read 652,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktamu87 View Post
Will be working on Broadway in Farmington. How far would the drive be from Aztec to there? Thanks again!!
probably about 20 mins, generally easy drive, though

Old 03-17-2008, 09:50 PM

12 posts, read 43,516 times
My husband's job relocated us to Farmington a few years back from the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I was upset and felt like we were being sent to the middle of nowhere. Three years later he was relocated back and I was more upset at that; I had begun to realize that it was really the middle of everywhere! A day's drive or less would take you to the most fantastic places! I made the best friends I've ever had in that town. I actually told my husband that since I had just been hired at my first teaching job HE'D just have to commute! And he did (not easy to do from Farmington), for a year. Then we moved back. Bummer. I'm still trying to return to New Mexico.

The best elementary school is Ladera, although Northeast and Country Club are pretty good. Heights is a very good middle school.

The area around Ladera, Pinon Hills, and San Juan College is good. The closer-to-nature homes in the "foothills" (near the college, Target store, etc.) are good too. We had been told to settle where the kids could go to Ladera and we did, although in the local economics that area is the "rich" area.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:16 PM

7 posts, read 21,523 times
The more I read about Aztec and Farmington, the more I am falling in love!!!
I have the option of moving to Canton, OH or Aztec, NM and it looks like even
though it will be triple the moving cost to relocate to Aztec, that will be where
I will hang my hat.

I want to thank all of you on these boards for such wonderful and helpful
information. I was on the Ohio board for the past few weeks as well, when
I had anticipated moving to OH. But now a better offer has come through
another friend in NM who just relocated to Aztec and loves it.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,718 times
I have a house for rent in between farmington and bloomfield. It is a 5 bedroom 3 bath double wide on 5 acres with a pond. The rent is $900.00 per month. The house is 4 years old. If you are interested, give me a call at 318-465-4337

Old 12-09-2009, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,647 times
Hey Lady, All the luck in the universe to you and you girl with the move. My Dad and his wife live in Farmington. We have visited several times and every time we have hated leaving. We have found iot to be a very open and friendly place to be. My little sister goes to school there and loves it, she is 13. I hope you enjoy your new life out there. I will be praying for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico