Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 PM

216 posts, read 731,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
If our Governor weren't too busy trying to run for President (which he's not even close to challenging) the topic of illiegal immigration would have been addressed. I don't want to speculate on what should be done, but I think Coloradoan brings up a good point in that illegal means illegal.
I agree, and I think he should be pressed to address this matter in one of the many democratic pres. candidate forums in the future. Look at the Guv of NY, he had to back down on the driver's license issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 PM

30 posts, read 120,959 times
Default Migration from AZ to NM by illegal aliens

Some one here said that >>....NM has the worst drivers of any state--especially dui's

Just as bad as Utah and Quebec, Canada also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just entered New Mexico last week from Washington state and now staying here in N.M. for the winter time. I was surprised by the fast pass of the speed limit here, 75 MPH on narrow single lain roads, of poor quality
, pot holes, bumps and ruts.

My self on the 75 MPH hight ways, I was driving 55 a safe speed considering the poor conditions of the roads driving south to Galloup N.M. a single lane road, it was at night time too, and other roads I drove were bad as well, I am sure the fast Paced New Mexican drivers were not to happy with my slower safe sane speed. But hey I have never been in any wrecks yet, only a little fender bender.

Now don't get me totally wrong, people are nice here in New Mexico, there just speedy thats all, It's a speedy world we live in these days and getting faster every year.
These state is definitely.......~ ENCHANTED !!!!!! and Beautiful !!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOW !!! As fare as Illegal go, there every where, we have about 40% Hispanics in Washington state, they work in all kinds of work every where, country or city.

RIGHT !!!! They are Illegal RIGHT, what part of Illegal does are Government not understand. If you are doing something Illegale as an American, well your going to get sited for it and pay a fine or get prosecuted according to the law. But there is a duble standdared in some cases in the USA, Illegals have special immunity to some of are laws, thats why they like it here in the USA so much, getting special social privileges for them and job preferences, and more, getting away with some crime or running back to Mexico to hide. When they become American sitacens they can have duel sitecenship to the USA and Mexico too !!!! and Vote in both countries too !!

Oh well, we all know the big corporation and the farming industry need that low uneducated cheap labor for big profits , so thats why are politicians keep pandering to them and the industries. Why, so they will get re-elected and keep their good jobs, it's all about keeping their job in Gov, not what's good for the total of Americans people.....

So On with the Silent Invasion, no guns will have to be fired, and we will be taken over just as the Romans were in past history.

Remember whats important to America " Language, Culture and Borders " Too keep a good nation safe and secure......

So be it.........

With out apology ...
~ Oro

Old 11-24-2007, 10:40 PM

128 posts, read 431,445 times
I don't mean to deviate from the topic of this thread, but just have to comment on Oro's statement regarding driving 55 in a 75 mph zone.

I'm still stuck in Yuma, AZ until we can sell our home and finish the move to Alamogordo. Yuma, with a population of approximately 85,000 year round residents has the dubious pleasure of hosting 150,000 winter visitors, more commonly referred to as snowbirds.

It is an absolute nightmare to try to get to work on the Yuma highways when there are 150,000 retired people with no set agenda, meandering the highways doing 40 MPH in the left lane of a 55 MPH dual lane highway, and slowing even more when you flash your lights or honk your horn for them to move to the right lane.

I've heard comments from the snowbirds that "I've never had an accident, even though they happen all around me". Gee, I wonder why?

George

Old 11-25-2007, 09:16 AM

717 posts, read 1,954,425 times
The driver's are abominable in Denver as well. Numberless (possible) illegal's piloting dubious crowded vehicles and ignoring posted traffic laws, frenetic yuppies zipping through and around traffic in their inevitable BMW's and Lexi on their hyper-speedy ways to their next meetings to screw one another over, greatly challenged old folks barely navigating the interstates in monstrous diesel RV's they can hardly control and weaving all over the roadways, continuing/increasing metro-wide over crowding with concomitant downturn in highway courtesies generally. These are the usual "pleasantries" that are helping to mobilize our efforts to relocate away from this repellent toxic hive

Last edited by dracul; 11-25-2007 at 10:12 AM..

Old 11-25-2007, 01:03 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globaloro View Post

I just entered New Mexico last week from Washington state and now staying here in N.M. for the winter time. I was surprised by the fast pass of the speed limit here, 75 MPH on narrow single lain roads, of poor quality
, pot holes, bumps and ruts.

My self on the 75 MPH hight ways, I was driving 55 a safe speed considering the poor conditions of the roads driving south to Galloup N.M. a single lane road, it was at night time too, and other roads I drove were bad as well, I am sure the fast Paced New Mexican drivers were not to happy with my slower safe sane speed. But hey I have never been in any wrecks yet, only a little fender bender.

Now don't get me totally wrong, people are nice here in New Mexico, there just speedy thats all, It's a speedy world we live in these days and getting faster every year.
These state is definitely.......~ ENCHANTED !!!!!! and Beautiful !!!
I'm curious what state or county 2 lane road you were on that had speed signs at 75 (Highway #) Our Interstates are at 75 but when i drive the 2 laned U.S.380 from San Antonio to Carrizozo (65miles) its 55. Now when i'm on the Interstates i usually do 65 as i'm in a 4x4 so i'm higher up so if i had a front wheel blowout i have a tad better chance to not flipover.

I do agree with you on NM drivers going faster than 75 on the Interstates which is wrong.....however this is a HUGE state in size and hundreds of miles in between towns and cities so people feel the need to hurry but again i'm not in that catagory.

Yeah we do need more State troopers on the highways as it's rare you ever see one out there except for around Eleiphant Butte/T or C area...

6/3

Old 11-25-2007, 01:39 PM

30 posts, read 120,959 times
Yoo: 6 foot 3

Thanks fro reply

I could have been wrong, that might have been 65 MPH but no mater the road was in poor condition and it was at night too. I realize the summer heat here in N.M. does the roads no good at all. That road was from Cortez, Col. to Gallop, NM, my pick-up truck was heavily load. When the roads are good I can get up and go with the rest of them, but I do drive do to road conditions not by speed limit signs. I grow up in Southern California, learned driving on free- ways most all my life and more as well as long winter snow and ice roads in Washington state, for 30 years

But when I see autos bobbing up and down ( do to ripples and pot holes and ruts in the road) and drifting all over their lain, then you know the roads are bad and people are barley in control of the vehicle's at 65 on bad roads. In WA. state we have max. 70 or 75 on interstates only, and 55 and 60 on are very good single lain roads. Hey it is what it is, I can live with it.

Later
~ Oro

Old 11-25-2007, 02:22 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globaloro View Post
Yoo: 6 foot 3

Thanks fro reply

I could have been wrong, that might have been 65 MPH but no mater the road was in poor condition and it was at night too. I realize the summer heat here in N.M. does the roads no good at all. That road was from Cortez, Col. to Gallop, NM, my
I think i know which one your talking about (U.S.491) That U.S. Highway is terrible and is rated the worst in NM. It used to be named U.S. 666 as i kid you not. There have been so many deadly crashes over the years that Gov. Richardson petitioned the U.S. Dept of Transportation to change the number as it really freaked out the people over in that area.

Now the NM State DOT has the money and has been trying to widen it for several years but the Navajo Reservation has prevented this as there are 'Right of Way'' issues that haven't been resolved (Stupidity to me !) so that whats up with that.

When i drive U.S.380 even though its been totally rebuilt and is very nice its still 2 lane so i never speed on that even though going 55 seems like forever when i drive it.

Be safe on your road journeys.....
6/3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico