Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:15 AM

99 posts, read 265,674 times

Advertisements

To all you wonderful gang, especially ontheroad, I really liked your post, boy do you sound familiar, I'm actually 35,000 years old or so, can't remember. Anyway no matter how old we are we certainly still have spunk. Remember the day when young people valued the sageness of the mature, not to say that a lot of young people aren't old souls at heart and have a lot of sageness too. From the time I was a little girl I loved to be around the old folks, especially my great-grandmother, she was the most loving person I have ever known. Age is just a number after all, and I will not mind adding more to mine.Remember the old saying, "I wish I knew back then what I know now"?Joanne PS Who is willing to join this club?Lets Be more specific, an New Mexican lovers old but young at heart club!!!LOL!!!

Last edited by DesertPeace; 12-14-2007 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Wanted to add more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 02:33 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,425 times
20/20 hindsight, my friend, we all have it

Old 12-14-2007, 02:47 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPeace View Post
Age is just a number after all...
Try telling the cataract in my right eye that! At age 61, there are assorted other problems that I won't go into. It's doing a "number" on me! As long as I can ride my motorcycle, I'm OK with it. No matter what young people think about the older folks nowadays, I'm still spunkful. [made-up word]

Old 12-14-2007, 03:21 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,425 times
Exclamation dracul of the walking dead

Tell me about it my feline loving pal! Just got back from an appointment with my ortho/saw-bones-Dr.: he shakes his head, scratches his brow and chuckles at my X-Rays and MRI images. My arthritis and general skeletal destruction is nearly total!!! Bone spurs and broken/cracked joints only; bone on bone...ridiculous deformities. Me Quasimodo ! Will be needing both shoulders replaced with titanium and plastic within 5 years or sooner He wants to do my left shoulder NOW...but "I aint got time to bleed" in Jesse Ventura's Predator argot! Not now...too much work lies immediately ahead. You can only bench press 500+ pounds so many times before you obliterate your frame and waste every last bit of cartiledge My body is ssoooooooooooooo used up! Way past warranty Pain is 24/7/365; year in year out. List of chronic infirmities reads like an unfurled Roman Scroll I've probably been dead for at least 5 years but pure meanness and spite is keeping my butt in motion! Somehow... the old F--t is still at play

Last edited by dracul; 12-14-2007 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: when ya rest ya rust

Old 12-14-2007, 03:30 PM

Red face Yea, If Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
20/20 hindsight, my friend, we all have it
When I was young, I thought I would always be young, could'nt wait to be an adult.Now I'm not so young and value the wisdom, and am trying to hold my mind to a youthful state. Have no regrets, everything was for a purpose.Just wish I knew then what I know now.But still need to know more, oh well life is for living.Joanne

Old 12-14-2007, 03:36 PM

Wink Spunkfull

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Try telling the cataract in my right eye that! At age 61, there are assorted other problems that I won't go into. It's doing a "number" on me! As long as I can ride my motorcycle, I'm OK with it. No matter what young people think about the older folks nowadays, I'm still spunkful. [made-up word]
Happiness should'nt be in what we don't have, but in what we do have, and I think you have a lot to be happy about, so ride, ride, ride all you can.What gives us joy also keeps us happy and alive. There were lots of things that I could do, that I can't do now. I went through a lot of anger about this and finally realized that there were other things to do that also give me a lot of joy, life is always full of blessings, all we have to do is see them.Wish I could ride a motorcycle, can't even ride a bike, had a big crash when I was 12 and never got back on.Maby some day could I get a ride?

Old 12-14-2007, 03:44 PM

Smile I feel ya bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Tell me about it my feline loving pal! Just got back from an appointment with my ortho/saw-bones-Dr.: he shakes his head, scratches his brow and chuckles at my X-Rays and MRI images. My arthritis and general skeletal destruction is nearly total!!! Bone spurs and broken/cracked joints only; bone on bone...ridiculous deformities. Me Quasimodo ! Will be needing both shoulders replaced with titanium and plastic within 5 years or sooner He wants to do my left shoulder NOW...but "I aint got time to bleed" in Jesse Ventura's Predator argot! Not now...too much work lies immediately ahead. You can only bench press 500+ pounds so many times before you obliterate your frame and waste every last bit of cartiledge My body is ssoooooooooooooo used up! Way past warranty Pain is 24/7/365; year in year out. List of chronic infirmities reads like an unfurled Roman Scroll I've probably been dead for at least 5 years but pure meanness and spite is keeping my butt in motion! Somehow... the old F--t is still at play
As of this day I am 47, at the age of 40 I was told that my spine was like a 65 year old womans. They say I have severe degenerative disc disease, had two opperations,that's why I'm heading to the land of enchantment, they say it should slow it down, less of that grinding. Maby you should try bench pressing a little less, or try some nerf barbells,LOL! Sorry, I am no one to talk, I know how hard it is to give up things that you love. Like darts, pool, strenuous smimming, I even have to do my drawing a little at a time, need help with the housework, laundry etc.. Thank God I have a wonderful husband.Believe me, you aren't dead, seems like you have a very strong spirit.Take care of yourself,Joanne

Old 12-14-2007, 03:47 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
I am so honoured to be mentioned in the Old but Young at Heart Club.

Today could be my birthday, but it isn't.

Young is all in the mind; old is in the knees.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:48 PM

dracul, oh yea, I've got a bit of titanium of my own. Small 1&1/2 in plate and 6 sm screws in the front and 2 large bolts and 6 large screws in the back.J

Old 12-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Wink Obyahc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I am so honoured to be mentioned in the Old but Young at Heart Club.

Today could be my birthday, but it isn't.

Young is all in the mind; old is in the knees.
The honor is mine to have met you here, oh and mine is in the neck and backJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico