Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:53 AM

99 posts, read 265,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Desertpeace:
At 47, you're not old. I'm 48 and consider myself far from old. Old is 80 and 90.
You all need to visit the Health/Wellness forum on here and learn to get rid of ailments or at least reduce them.
songinthewind, Yes you are right I am not old, and neither is 90 and there are a lot of things to do to improve health, I am a believer in self healing, although unfortunatly there are some things that are not healable by the medical profession, the healing takes a lot of spiritual strength, which I am working on. One or the things that are not correctable but can be slowed down is degeneration of the cartlidge in the spine, which I have, or other joints, so no forum in the world will help. Count your blessings that you do not have this ailment. I plan on living a lot, lot longer and my moving to a dry climate should contribute greatly to my goal. When you have arthritis so severly you could be 28 and still feel 90. Arthritis or degenerative disc disease is not age specific. But you are absolutely right, state of mind has a lot to do with it, but I think that most of us here are talking in a light state of mind, you know,Joking. Take care,J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 10:57 AM

Wink Good health ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Can I sign up??? I don't have any scars or operations but you never know whats ahead. And Cheryl, 90 is not old, my aunts are that and above and they just keep on going. Wouldn't be surprised to see them show up at my door this winter. They would fit right in.
Jane
My dear chilegal, all you have ahead of you is health and joy, and our aches and pains are all in our head, so of course you can join, does'nt matter what age anyone is because some day we will all be 90, and it's all in fun anyway.But I would like to meet your aunts, sounds like my kind of gals. They could share their secrets to youth with me,take care Jane, Joanne

Old 12-15-2007, 10:59 AM

Wink ID Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Young is all in the mind; old is in the knees.

Hey, watch it, I resemble that remark!

And city-data doesn't help any, labeling me a "senior" member

I did get my first "senior" discount this week - a local retail chain periodically runs "senior" day with an extra 15% off for anyone 50 and older But I had to show my license to prove I was 50, so I'm not too upset
Dear yukon, when I turned 21 I had to show one, so I'm hopeing to have to show one when I'm 50,LOL!Congradulations,youngster.J

Old 12-15-2007, 11:01 AM

Wink never old

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Songinthewind7,

I always thought "old" was 10 years beyond my present age.

I'm 48 and consider myself far from old. Old is 80 and 90.
You all need to visit the Health/Wellness forum on here and learn to get rid of ailments or at least reduce them.
[/quote]
nmguy, then you would never be old!yea I like that!

Old 12-15-2007, 06:46 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,349,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPeace View Post
songinthewind, Yes you are right I am not old, and neither is 90 and there are a lot of things to do to improve health, I am a believer in self healing, although unfortunatly there are some things that are not healable by the medical profession, the healing takes a lot of spiritual strength, which I am working on. One or the things that are not correctable but can be slowed down is degeneration of the cartlidge in the spine, which I have, or other joints, so no forum in the world will help. Count your blessings that you do not have this ailment. I plan on living a lot, lot longer and my moving to a dry climate should contribute greatly to my goal. When you have arthritis so severly you could be 28 and still feel 90. Arthritis or degenerative disc disease is not age specific. But you are absolutely right, state of mind has a lot to do with it, but I think that most of us here are talking in a light state of mind, you know,Joking. Take care,J
I understand DesertPeace.
I am so into holistic and natural type things to do that I was trying to help and suggest the health/wellness forum also because there's people on there that give good advice on what or what not to try for different ailments. It's in me to give opinions on that because I know a lot of things that work and was trying to help.
I overlooked the joking part and light hearted talk. Sorry about that. The other part of me kicked in.
Peace to you.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM

717 posts, read 1,955,561 times
Most of my injuries have been self inflicted so I try not to whimper a lot. The Arthritis is inherited to a point...and maniac workouts delivered the killing strokes. Despite this wrecked skeleton I actually look quite fit. I'm strong and heavily muscular, my skin is good and I actually appear several years younger than I am; it's probably a combination of those vampire genes and the lifetime physical culture. I've just WAY over done the workouts over the last 4 decades. Yes, I hurt plenty...have had seven surgical repairs...but at 57 years old I can still bench press 400 pounds for 8-10 reps(!) and I leg pressed 1,000 pounds for 15 reps yesterday morning without much trouble, probably could have done 20
...don't know too many dudes of any age that can beat those numbers by much. At the end of the day it's all upstairs; you don't know what you can do unless you try. "Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far they can go." I've no regrets. I've lived an extremely rich and athletic life...there is an inevitable price to be paid for all that enthusiasm!!!!

Last edited by dracul; 12-16-2007 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Quit Whimpering!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:29 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,403,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Young is all in the mind; old is in the knees.

Hey, watch it, I resemble that remark!

And city-data doesn't help any, labeling me a "senior" member

I did get my first "senior" discount this week - a local retail chain periodically runs "senior" day with an extra 15% off for anyone 50 and older But I had to show my license to prove I was 50, so I'm not too upset
Ditto. When I turned 50 I said I'm officially old (half a century sounds official to me) and got my AARP card for discounts. When my daughter would tell me old is in the mind, I'd say no, it is definitely in the body--the only reason I mind being older. I'm old and I'm proud double nickel last month and graduating from college (BA) this year.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,403,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Hey Yukon,
Go into edit my profile and change senior member to whatever you want.
Don't you have to have 100 reps? I tried giving Yukon more but they wouldn't let me

Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,619,987 times
It has been enlightening living around all the "true" seniors in my neighborhood, and working with many seniors (70+). I want to be like my friend Bud when I reach his age. He's in his 80's and still works disasters for FEMA (one of the few who actually knows what he's doing, from the prior administration). He's the one who goes out and climbs thru all the rubble to file the reports that determine who gets $$, he also has a really sweet mobile office complete with fax, internet connection and printer - in the car! He's my role model. I look at his attitude, then I see my moms' attitude, and I know I have to take steps now in my life if I want to be like Bud later.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,199,501 times
DesertPeace: It's a lot easier to ride a motorcycle than it is to ride a bicycle. None of that tiresome pedaling is required. (Well, the rear brake pedal and the gearshift lever.) Sure, I'd be happy to give you a ride someday.

Speaking of titanium, I have titanium posts in the remains of my front teeth, holding the bridgework in. They made the double apicoectomy I had a couple of years ago an adventure (the removal and replacement of two infected root canals). We're definitely talkin' FUN here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico