Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:04 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,408,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
If I were buying in that area I would pick Corrales or Placitas. Expensive, I know, but lots of charm.
Ditto. I feel pretty much the same way about Rio Rancho when I look at the pictures. Why do they have to make the homes so cookie cutter and ugly? Don't understand it - I had a small 1,000 sq ft house built in Eldorado based on the builder's model that was cute and had nice details (nichos, fireplace) without costing much. The upside to Rio Rancho is I could afford to buy there and have a whole house instead of a condo in Santa Fe without any space for a studio and people really living on top of each other. I'm limited to what I can afford and how easy the commute would be--would get as close to the Park N Ride and Rail Runner as I could. If I could disregard money and commuting I would pick the east side of the Sandias where some friends live. I like the green and the snow in the winter (as long as I don't have to drive in it.) Nice dream but not realistic. I'll be commuting on the Park N Ride from White Rock while I look so Rio Rancho might be nothing after that--I'll have another empirical experience (had to use that word as my farewell to college--every book I read had "empirical" in it.) I can always rent in Santa Fe if I decide nothing else fits.

Looks like it's stopped pouring rain and I'm out of boxes. Do you know how hard it is to find recycled boxes in this climate that aren't wet! I'd rather not buy them but might have no choice. I've heard plastic bins are on sale right now. Target here I come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 11:25 AM

7,399 posts, read 19,376,402 times
Dancingearth-

Congratulations on your new job.

Steve-

You need to go to the religion forum and explain the christian/agnostic thing. Sounds like that could be an interesting discussion.
I like to know why a person believes/not believes in certain topics pertaining to religion.
I like your description of the drum circle and a bunch of druids. It all sounds about right except there are no human sacrifices. LOL

Old 12-30-2007, 11:33 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,043,934 times
dancingearth ~ I have been filling up plastic bins with lids for a year now with things we are tkaing on our move, and putting a lot of them in our storage locker. They are nice and sturdy, but I am starting to wonder what I am going to do with 500,000 storage boxes after I move?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,794,398 times
Quote:
You need to go to the religion forum and explain the christian/agnostic thing. Sounds like that could be an interesting discussion.
I like to know why a person believes/not believes in certain topics pertaining to religion.
I like your description of the drum circle and a bunch of druids. It all sounds about right except there are no human sacrifices. LOL
NOOOO, not the religion forum!! I spent too many hours over there.....(being the agnostic that I am)....and it's impossible to get them to understand!

On second thought, if you do go to the religious forum, post the thread you're on....it'd be fun to lurk!

Old 12-30-2007, 12:32 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,594,533 times
Default songinthewind7

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion! I'll go to the religious forum after dinner and start a new thread on being a Christian/Agnostic; that should be interesting; I love dueling with the religious zealots!

I always had a thing for the Druids; just the word excites me! I could have been a Druid if I was born 10 millennium ago; there's something mystical about the practices of the Druids that intrigues me! BTW, I'm listening to Tatiana's version of "Riding through the Snow" in Spanish; I love Tatiana's songs; they're so energetic and fun to listen to; even if you're not proficient in Spanish! I consider myself semi-proficient. WOW, where did that tangent come from?!?

Old 12-30-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
NOOOO, not the religion forum!! I spent too many hours over there.....(being the agnostic that I am)....and it's impossible to get them to understand!

On second thought, if you do go to the religious forum, post the thread you're on....it'd be fun to lurk!
YES, the religious forum! I take on all zealots; especially the right wing evangelical fanatics! They're the best to duel with; all they can do is fall back on the Bible, which I constantly debunk! I'll post the page/thread link here! OH BOY!!! I feel like one of the fraternity guys on "Animal House"!

Old 12-30-2007, 12:46 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,794,398 times
Quote:
Steve Hazzard: YES, the religious forum! I take on all zealots; especially the right wing evangelical fanatics! They're the best to duel with; all they can do is fall back on the Bible, which I constantly debunk! I'll post the page/thread link here! OH BOY!!! I feel like one of the fraternity guys on "Animal House"!
I spent a lot of time over there (Blue is particularly kind, so be good to her....), but I don't recall the Druids being discussed -- this should be good!!

Old 12-30-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I spent a lot of time over there (Blue is particularly kind, so be good to her....), but I don't recall the Druids being discussed -- this should be good!!
Thanks for the advice! I'll keep the sensitivities of Blue in mind; thanks for the heads-up!
Quote:
but I don't recall the Druids being discussed
There's a first time for everything; and this is the time for the Druids!

Old 12-30-2007, 03:09 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,376,402 times
I've posted a few things over in the religion forum but I think it confused them so they gave some hohum answer about the Bible or whatever and used that as an excuse I guess.

Some of the ones over there are nice and some are not.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I've posted a few things over in the religion forum but I think it confused them so they gave some hohum answer about the Bible or whatever and used that as an excuse I guess.

Some of the ones over there are nice and some are not.
Yes, evangelicals are easily confused, particularly when you take away the myth of the Bible! I've had similar reactions to in-person discussions with religious type people, of which I am not. They always fall back on the Bible; take away the Bible, and they fall on their faith-based faces!

I'll probable get banned from the religious forum! I care this much !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico