Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:07 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,831,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGabe View Post
I was trying to be goofy but thanks for the info just the same. Seeing as the original poster said he/she was completely unfamiliar with NM I figured they may not know about Balloon Fiesta and I wanted to put the idea in their head. I have a feeling though that they just might find someone to take them up for ten minutes tethered to exchange vows and pop a cork.
They could probably do that easier after Balloon Fiesta rather than the largest hot air balloon festival in the world...

There are various times like the Friends & Lovers Balloon Rally over Valentine's Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 08:19 AM

212 posts, read 372,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
They could probably do that easier after Balloon Fiesta rather than the largest hot air balloon festival in the world...

There are various times like the Friends & Lovers Balloon Rally over Valentine's Day.
Yes, obviously that goes without saying...

I'm detecting a slight hint of sarcasm and passive-aggression in you post. Why? I'm just trying to provide information (the whole point of CD forum) and be breezy and conversational while doing it.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:47 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,178,327 times
It seems to me that for those looking to honeymoon it would be much more memorable to do it during the actual week of Balloon Fiesta than at another time, regardless of where the vows are exchanged.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
It seems to me that for those looking to honeymoon it would be much more memorable to do it during the actual week of Balloon Fiesta than at another time, regardless of where the vows are exchanged.
Good point! Hot air balloons = potential romantic spectacle. That was my only point.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:14 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,831,987 times
Quote:
I'm detecting a slight hint of sarcasm and passive-aggression in you post.
I believe you are incorrect. No, trying to present some facts.

Quote:
Why? I'm just trying to provide information (the whole point of CD forum) and be breezy and conversational while doing it.
You have also drifted off topic.

You are off topic. The Terms of Service specifically state: "Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics."

The Terms Of Service (TOS) which you agreed to when you registered are here: Terms Of Service

So lets just reply to the original posters request. If you wish to continue your balloon quest, you can start a thread on the subject.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 AM

I hope my information was helpful to you Greg10556, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:35 AM

5,668 posts, read 6,609,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
My soon to be wife and I will be married on Oct 31st and honeymooning the 1st week of Nov. We are wanting somewhere we can hike, see mountains, and do outdoor activities. I figured New Mexico might have some of this? I know we are interest on the Aztec ruins.
Absolutely. NM is a great place for nature and getting away from crowds. Doesn't have the 14k peaks like CO, but in early Nov I think you may wish to be farther south and lower elevation. There are considerably more "things to do" around the Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Taos areas. Aztec would be a bit of a drive from there, but not too bad. That would also put you close to SW CO where you can find some 14k mountains. Typical weather would be highs in the high 50s to mid 60s and sunny in these towns. It will be quite a bit cooler in the mountains depending on how high you go.

New Mexico

Old 04-30-2015, 06:04 PM

22,378 posts, read 19,294,705 times
If you want to pamper your new wife with elegant spa luxury and art galleries....Santa Fe

Old 04-30-2015, 06:06 PM

22,378 posts, read 19,294,705 times
As far as visiting the ruins, I find Chaco more vast, expansive, impressive, dramatic than Aztec, greater range of hiking available if seeking outdoor activity.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:05 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,178,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
As far as visiting the ruins, I find Chaco more vast, expansive, impressive, dramatic than Aztec, greater range of hiking available if seeking outdoor activity.
Just a thought about the ruins at Aztec.

It's a fact that New Mexico is often confused with Old Mexico by people unfamiliar with the state vs the country. I suspect the name "Aztec" also confuses people who have heard of the much more notable Aztec civilization of Old Mexico. The Aztec ruins at the town of the same name in New Mexico are of Puebloan origin.
Quote:
Mistakenly coined "Aztec" by others, the ancient Pueblo people lived and flourished at this very sacred and spiritual place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico