Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:56 AM

7 posts, read 8,001 times

Advertisements

I love rain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 06:22 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,123,712 times
Another thing that usually gets me irritated about it is the frequency of lightning storms involved.

Call me a boring person, but I think it's ludicrous when everyone drops what they're doing and stares in awe at a lightning storm that's occurring in an open area, thirty miles away.

Along with that, it's just rain.
People seem to get all ecstatic and rejoiceful about it, as I get all negative and withdrawn when it happens.

You see one storm, you see them all.
Nothing to write home about.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:38 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,918,122 times
On those hot days we like to run around in the rain, if it rains. My wife won't do it but I got two great-grandsons and a dog who do...

Old 08-05-2015, 02:39 AM

963 posts, read 2,306,927 times
I love it as well. I am happy to endure a bit more humidity and allergies for all of the green I've seen in ABQ. The city has been quite pretty this year because of it. Old Town was abloom with flowers everywhere. Glad to have it... achoo!

Old 08-05-2015, 05:10 AM

1,401 posts, read 779,997 times
We must be thankful. California is on fire. The fire "jumps" highways. I saw pictures on the news (which I try to avoid) and it looked like a scene from Hell. Thank God for the rain.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
We must be thankful. California is on fire. The fire "jumps" highways. I saw pictures on the news (which I try to avoid) and it looked like a scene from Hell. Thank God for the rain.
As I said, if people just kept their joy about it to themselves, I wouldn't look like a rambling, angry person to them all the time.
As far as the "fire jumping the freeway", that actually happened about ten miles south of where my stepdad lives.
They got it under control in due time, but this drought could've been avoided a long time ago if certain steps were followed.

But we'll keep that out of here for now.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:07 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,399,392 times
I love lightning storms.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:53 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,195,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
I love lightning storms.
Me too, unless I happen to be out from under safe cover! There was an incident near the town of Carrizozo last May when a couple from Albuquerque, on their way to the motorcycle rally in Ruidoso, were struck by lightning while riding double on theirs. The woman lived for a few days before dying in a hospital in Lubbock. The man was "shocked" but not seriously injured and lived to tell about it, as follows:

This is a rather vivid account of the incident - reader beware!

Old 08-06-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Me too, unless I happen to be out from under safe cover! There was an incident near the town of Carrizozo last May when a couple from Albuquerque, on their way to the motorcycle rally in Ruidoso, were struck by lightning while riding double on theirs. The woman lived for a few days before dying in a hospital in Lubbock. The man was "shocked" but not seriously injured and lived to tell about it, as follows:

This is a rather vivid account of the incident - reader beware!

That's another thing.
I'm typically having to climb up on top of metallic trailers to open and close the dome lids when loading milk into them.
Anytime these ---tty spectacles of nature start zapping around, I often wonder if there's hazard pay involved.

That would be a pretty bad, and embarrassing way to go out.
Struck by lightning and not found until the dairyman wondered why his silos are spilling milk.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:47 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,182,941 times
I moved here to escape the humidity back home, so yeah, I'm getting tired of the nightly rainfall. That, and the delays caused by lightning make it harder to get all my work done in one shift.

But when I'm not trying to get work done, I love to sit and watch lightning (sorry OP).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico