Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 11:02 AM

5,061 posts, read 7,456,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
It's getting hot here in Phoenix. I wish I could hike Sandia Peak. But as I understand it the restrictions are against it. I miss that great La Luz Trail.
Yes you can hike the Sandias, I'm still hiking in the foothills about once a week. The only restrictions are to keep social distancing and do not hike in groups over 5 people. They are even waiving the parking fee at Elena Gallegos Open Space. The Tram is closed though so the only way up and down the west face is by foot. The heat is also coming here, we're supposed to have record-breaking heat later this week when we're forecast to hit 90 degrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 11:26 AM

5,732 posts, read 4,331,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You called Arizona a more heavily infected area. I pointed out that you were incorrect.
Not incorrect as much as careless. I know all of AZ doesn't have the same infection rate, so I was speaking generally when I should have been specific. But you don't like it when I am specific either.

Quote:

Now you are talking county vs. county. Which is meaningless.

See?

Quote:
Unless you are traveling all around your county and interacting with people all over. For myself when I go outside I stick to my zip code. I buy supplies at my local store and go home. And if you look at zip code maps of cases they vary widely. Maricopa county has several reservations located there. If you look at the zip code maps you can see the effect they have on the numbers.

So I guess the numbers don't matter to you any way they are presented. We don't know which zip code the OP was coming from.

Quote:
So explain to me how someone passing through Southern New Mexico is spreading the virus? Unless you stop to get gas and go inside the gas station or get something to eat, or interacting with others outside, you are zero risk.

Well you have to stop and talk to border control, for one. Plus yeah, anywhere else you stop. If your car breaks down, if you stop for the night, stop to eat, stop for groceries, stop for the bathroom.

As already posted unnecessary interstate travel for pleasure is not encouraged at this time, regardless of whether you agree with the numbers.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:06 PM

30,271 posts, read 11,905,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Not incorrect as much as careless. I know all of AZ doesn't have the same infection rate, so I was speaking generally when I should have been specific. But you don't like it when I am specific either.

See?
No going from general to specific when the facts did not back you up was my issue. I am just looking at the facts.

Quote:

So I guess the numbers don't matter to you any way they are presented. We don't know which zip code the OP was coming from.
No we don't.
Quote:

Well you have to stop and talk to border control, for one. Plus yeah, anywhere else you stop. If your car breaks down, if you stop for the night, stop to eat, stop for groceries, stop for the bathroom.
If you are taking the I-10 there is about 3 hours and about 200 miles to make it past New Mexico. I have made that trip probably 100 times. Border Patrol would would be an issue going back not going there. That would be the only time one would be required to stop in New Mexico. Last year the Border Patrol station was closed due to all the people flooding the border. I have not been back through there since last summer. Is it open again?

Quote:
As already posted unnecessary interstate travel for pleasure is not encouraged at this time, regardless of whether you agree with the numbers.
I agree unnecessary travel should be avoided. I think its up to the person and not random online strangers to decide that. There is a lot of depression, anxiety, suicide etc going on now relating to being forced to stay home. To simply say shut up and stay in your house is not always the right solution for everyone. Look at California and the beaches. You can't keep everyone locked up endlessly without them eventually rebelling.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:51 PM

5,732 posts, read 4,331,878 times
The I-10 checkpoint is open and staffed, as are all the other regular spots.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:49 AM

460 posts, read 233,979 times
Quote:

Wear respirator and disposable gloves, problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico