Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:40 PM

71 posts, read 320,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Obama's worn out his welcome in most places these days.
That's strange, I didn't hear about that. They must have been listing all the places he's "no longer welcome in" on FOX news. They must have have mentioned that right after one old hag of a reporter said he should be assassinated on public television.

Make not to self: Watch more FOX news to get the full unbiased views on presidential candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 12:45 PM

71 posts, read 320,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
It is more thought provoking than hearing Obama say "change" 30 times in a 90 second speech, and without any basis in fact.
Yes indeed, I forgot how all the other candidates have campaigns based on fact. Hey, how about our current president, he does everything based on fact, right? Not that anyone should follow in such corrupt footsteps, Obama's few months on campaining are based more on facts than the whole current administration put together.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:27 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,764,609 times
Personal politics aside, the fact remains that these are historic times and I tend to think that a lot of people would have put aside their plans Monday to be able to say 'I was there when...' My 13 year old granddaughter was absolutely thrilled to know that a presidential candidate passed right by our house and would have been equally so if it had been either of the other two current candidates because these people are running for president! Despite all of the signs to the contrary and the mess they will inherit from us, this stuff still matters to our young people. We would do well to try to see things through their eyes.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM

9,384 posts, read 20,872,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Personal politics aside, the fact remains that these are historic times and I tend to think that a lot of people would have put aside their plans Monday to be able to say 'I was there when...' My 13 year old granddaughter was absolutely thrilled to know that a presidential candidate passed right by our house and would have been equally so if it had been either of the other two current candidates because these people are running for president! Despite all of the signs to the contrary and the mess they will inherit from us, this stuff still matters to our young people. We would do well to try to see things through their eyes.
I hope when my kids are old enough to understand, that they'd be more drawn to individuals such as Larry Ellison, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc, if they were in town, making motivational speeches, based off of personal accomplishment and experience, rather than the ramblings of a one term back-bencher senator from Illinois. But that's just me.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:05 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,188,483 times
You're right, Mike...it's just you.
Like him or not, Obama is in a historic position: the first non-white man to be nominated by a major political party for the presidency. You may prefer sorting your socks while history is made, but those with a less jaunticed view of important event in our country are paying attention. Maybe Sean Hannity can fill you in if he ever stops ranting about Obama's former minister. I doubt SH will spend anywhere NEAR as much time discussing Dubya's former press secretary finally admitting the emperor has no clothes...but that's another post.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:07 PM

Oops...it's jaundiced... no T

Old 05-28-2008, 04:29 PM

9,384 posts, read 20,872,464 times
Wow, I didn't realize skin color was so important when it comes to discussing politics and qualifications. I would not vote for someone based on their skin, or pay attention more to, nor would that be a basis on which to vote. But again, I guess that's just me.

By the way, the next time you are in an operating room, in need of an operation, and you have two choices, one a black man with little experience, and the other a qualified man who is white, with plenty of experience, who will you choose? I don't think the skin color of the person is going to matter to you. I think you'll want to get healthy.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:34 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,043,934 times
Hey, guys, I know this is a hot time for discussing presidential politics and our own political views, but the state forum is not the place for it.

Commenting and posting on the visit of a national political figure to the state is appropriate.

But discussing our political philosophies and preference should be done in the 2008 Presidential Election section of the Politics Fourm.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Wow, I didn't realize skin color was so important when it comes to discussing politics and qualifications. I would not vote for someone based on their skin, or pay attention more to, nor would that be a basis on which to vote. But again, I guess that's just me.

By the way, the next time you are in an operating room, in need of an operation, and you have two choices, one a black man with little experience, and the other a qualified man who is white, with plenty of experience, who will you choose? I don't think the skin color of the person is going to matter to you. I think you'll want to get healthy.
Mike, you've entirely missed the point.
I didn't advocate voting for or against Obama, but merely pointed out that his candidacy is a historic event and that this alone (regardless of personal political views) makes his visit far more important that getting your blue socks separated from the black ones. You can vote for George Bush III if you want to...fine by me. But that doesn't make Obamas candidacy and local visit any less important or historic.
Now that you mention experience, it occurs to me, then, that you must have voted for Al Gore 8 years ago...he certainly had lots more experience in national politics and leadership than Dubya, a mere one-term state governor. Am I right?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,596,542 times
Even after you were told not to post politics here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico