Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times

Advertisements

I do a 40 to 60 minute commute every day from Londonderry, NH to Boston by bus. I did drive a vanpool bus for a few years and believe me that after that experience driving 40 minutes on a back road would be a gift. For instance driving from Magdalena to Socorro would be a treat not a task. Doing the same in the mountains of northern NM would be even better. Even in the snow because I learned to drive on snow-covered roads 40+ years ago and sideways driving does not scare me.

Lordy, I have to get out of this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 02:03 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times
GregW: I hear you loud and clear. The drive between Ft Worth and Dallas is a nightmare most of the time. If I can move to NM, I might actually enjoy driving again. I'm looking at Alamogordo and Socorro; I don't know much about Magdalena except that it's a little town west of Socorro.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:43 PM

385 posts, read 1,556,312 times
Magdalena and Socorro are great places and I believe they are up and coming as they are close in proximity to Albuquerque.

Any move from California to almost anywhere in New Mexico is great. I am a native Californian (Orange County) and am unwilling to return to visit except once a year. There is absolutely no comparison to the quality of life you will reap living in New Mexico.

I would heartily urge anyone thinking of moving from California to NM to do it-just do it. Don't wait, don't wonder and don't question.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:00 PM

114 posts, read 400,033 times
how about the taxes?
your property seems to be just perfect

Old 07-24-2007, 10:58 AM

3 posts, read 10,238 times
Question thinking if moving to new mexico

We live in Florida and am ready for a new beginning. Where would be a good place with good schools to live? We have a 9 year old and a 14 year old . We live in a town that used to be pretty quaint but not anymore. I think we're looking for something where we can have property but be close to a town to shop. And restaurants. We love outdoor activities. We want our children to be exposed to culture, new things.......

Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,259 times
Default Living in Costilla, New Mexico

Hi
This is for Movingonup
If you still read this site I wanted to know how you like being in Costilla having lived there for a few months?? I am looking to buy a home in New Mexico and have looked at a property (online) in Costilla. The property looks just beautiful.. but what is the area like? Are you in the mountains like in Chama?
Udenwolfie

Old 09-10-2007, 03:11 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,226,562 times
Congrats! I have a similiar story! Over 2 years ago I flew up to look at property in the Blue Ridge Mountains from Fl. I fell in LOVE w/ a farmhouse on a river on 2.7 acres and I bought it! I couldn't be any happier and often I pinch myself cause I cannot believe it's real! ENJOY!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:13 PM

I don't know how this happened but I posted to the wrong OP....sorry!!!!! LOL!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 PM

WHOOPS...I saw Greg's post on top of the page....ignore me....lol...I posted to the right thread!

Old 09-11-2007, 05:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I just want a place with really dark skies. No street, yard or traffic lights. I have just had cataracts removed from both eyes and I want to actually see the stars again.

Current plan is to redevelop my metal working and fabricating skills so I can suplement my retirement from 30 years of environmental regulatory work. Find a place in Socorro and start by snowbirding during the winter. Then I may find a place in the mountains near Magdalena and set up a tent and my telescope.

I am very tired of the eastern city crowding. If I hit the lottery I'll be out of here so fast my cubicle will thump as the air rushes in to fill the space I've vacated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico