Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:33 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,377,969 times

Advertisements

quote "I sure wish I could still get out in the middle of bfe like I used to. I envy all of you who can you lucky devils."

I wish I could be of assistance to you and help.

Last edited by songinthewind7; 09-05-2008 at 04:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 PM

717 posts, read 1,958,175 times
You're great just as you are songinthewind!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:33 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,692,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I remember. LOL
How about stripping naked and before running, turn on some good 80's music, start dancing, and then run. LOL
That alone may scare off the bears .

Old 09-05-2008, 04:37 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,045,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgis View Post
As to the legality of purchasing a taser, check here. TASER® Laws and Restrictions
I'm not sure of this covers the probe shooting stunners or just the old style tasers, so you'd have to do your own research before purchase. Due diligence; the rule to live by.

I sure wish I could still get out in the middle of bfe like I used to. I envy all of you who can you lucky devils.
Thankk You !!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:49 PM

51 posts, read 112,368 times
Haven't seen that one, I'll have to watch for it. Not sure i'd want to spend enough time around bears for them to become comfortable with me. Even a bear being "playful" would hurt.
Quote:
quote "If a bear is deigning to actually pay attention to you i'd think that would be a sign to watch for. Even if it doesn't appear to notice you, a cautious retreat is a good idea. If a bear is close enough that you have to ponder what to do, its too close"

I've seen people on these bear shows lately I watch on Animal Planet and the bear(s) are so calm and so are the people.
I'm talking about this show called "Grizzly Diaries"
Of course in the end he was killed by a bear but he was so good and the bears were so friendly with him in the beginning.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 PM

Actually, I've been pondering this. The machines I would need to take with me are much more portable than they used to be. Not sure I could actually camp out, but i'm starting to think that maybe day trips (road only trips) might be within my reach. Assuming I can afford the gear i'd have to take.

Won't ever be able to do the lone in the middle of nowhere thing, but the places that can be accessed by car are better than nothing.

Theres a place up by Gallina where you can take a short hike and end up on the top of a cliff. The valley beneath is beautiful. The road up there is probably still too rough for my current vehicle tho so i'm guessing that option is out.

Ah well, guess i'll start looking at the hoops i'd need to jump through to go much of anywhere first, then decide how much freedom it would allow me.
Quote:
quote "I sure wish I could still get out in the middle of bfe like I used to. I envy all of you who can you lucky devils."

I wish I could be of assistance to you and help.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:57 PM

I think the right choice of 80s music would be sufficient. A new use for mp3 players! Bear defense!

Quote:
I remember. LOL
How about stripping naked and before running, turn on some good 80's music, start dancing, and then run. LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,377,969 times
The roads here in the mountains are rough too.
You pretty much need an atv to get around here in most places.
Camping out might be a little much but day trips sound like a good idea.
As far as 80's music, 6/3 can be in charge of that.
Wow, that would be a sight. Have you all ever seen that print, I believe it's called 'dancing bears?' There's a bunch of bears dancing in the forest. That would be a blast to have some music from the 80's that 6/3 put together (because he is the 80's Guru) and we can all dance around with these bears. I'm dreaming but it would be nice. I have strange fantasies. LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 09:10 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,299,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgis View Post
Actually, I've been pondering this. The machines I would need to take with me are much more portable than they used to be. Not sure I could actually camp out, but i'm starting to think that maybe day trips (road only trips) might be within my reach. Assuming I can afford the gear i'd have to take.

Won't ever be able to do the lone in the middle of nowhere thing, but the places that can be accessed by car are better than nothing.

Theres a place up by Gallina where you can take a short hike and end up on the top of a cliff. The valley beneath is beautiful. The road up there is probably still too rough for my current vehicle tho so i'm guessing that option is out.

Ah well, guess i'll start looking at the hoops i'd need to jump through to go much of anywhere first, then decide how much freedom it would allow me.

A nice Oct-Nov morning at the Bosque Del Apache might do you good. Very easy access if needed. They even have a mountain lion or two there, if you are lucky enough to see them.

good luck.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:34 PM

Some of the places I used to live, an atv was my main mode of transport. I miss those days.

Havn't seen the dancing bears print, but would love to see some bears having a happy dance. Does anyone remember the old cartoon where the bears go around picking up trash in the park? Pick it up put it in the bag BOOP BOOP... dancing the whole time. Loved that cartoon.

Bosque Del Apache just might be what the doctor ordered. Close enough to places that I can get help if needed, but still full of things to see and photograph. Its been probably 25 years since i've been there. Guess i'll stock up on some bottles (the oxy filled kind not the whiskey kind) and my other stuff and give it a shot.

I appreciate the encouragement, it helps. Staying home/housebound can become a habit.

Quote:
The roads here in the mountains are rough too.
You pretty much need an atv to get around here in most places.
Camping out might be a little much but day trips sound like a good idea.
As far as 80's music, 6/3 can be in charge of that.
Wow, that would be a sight. Have you all ever seen that print, I believe it's called 'dancing bears?' There's a bunch of bears dancing in the forest. That would be a blast to have some music from the 80's that 6/3 put together (because he is the 80's Guru) and we can all dance around with these bears. I'm dreaming but it would be nice. I have strange fantasies. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico