Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:08 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I took a couple quizzes I found online.. one I like because I got 4 results, and I sent the results to my friends and they said, yepp that about sums you up....
Could you give us the link to that quiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
....I must have the same attraction for crows. Over the years I have had crows befriend me at least half a dozen times. .... I just dunno. I'm not particularly fond of crows, they're okay. I just don't know why they take such a shine to me.
I use to have crows around me, too. It seems to have disappeared now. I miss it. I always felt like they were trying to communicate something, but I never knew what. Crows are very intellegent animals, by the way. Could someone with Animal Speak look up crows for us? I got my mom a copy a few years ago, but she is in Wisconsin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbasin View Post
Animal totem.
Bull.
It's a play on words.
I like it.
At least naysayers are being very witty and smart naysayers! I like it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
LOL...for the same reason that nobody talking about reincarnation ever says they were a cobbler's assistant, a chicken butcher or a streetsweeper in a past life...everybody was a Roman warrior General, Cleopatra, Catherine the Great, or an Indian chief. It's just more fun to imagine being those things.
Have you read any Terry Prachet books (the Disc World series)? The streetsweeper in those books is this crazy monk who is brilliant and can control time. He chose to be a streetsweeper because no one ever notices a "sweeper" and they are allowed everywhere. Sorry about the aside, just thought it was funny...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 05:31 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
What did you want to know about Crows specifically?
One thing is that Crows have been known to predict the weather.
Working with Crow medicine will help you see how the winds are going to blow into your life and how to adjust your life flights.
They are symbols of magic, creation and spiritual strength. They want us to look for opportunities to go with the magic of life and telling us about the creation and magic that is alive within our world and available to us all the time.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
Could you give us the link to that quiz?
Sure here are 2.

What Totem Animal Are You?

Which animal totem best suits you? ( my fave )

(http://quiz.devbook.com/quizzes/you_...FQWxsgodxjGWrQ - broken link)

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-15-2016 at 09:41 PM..

Old 08-03-2008, 10:01 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,812 times
Thank you for the links!

I took the second-linked test first. I came out at 100% as a dragon, with dog, crow, and salmon all at 83%.

The second test had me at 52% wolf and 52% bear. I read the analysis of those two, and I do find parts of me like them. I wish the first test I took gave more analysis.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:45 AM

170 posts, read 648,746 times
Hmmm for some reason I've always associated with the rabbit...lol they say with fetishes and stuff they're supposed to symbolize having many offspring (I have no kids yet) but it seems important events and such in my life I have always seen a rabbit closeby (and according to my mom right before she gave birth baby rabbits followed her around). I also feel like I'm closely tied to the mourning dove, it's call seems to be a message directed towards me, I've seen them peering down at me, kind of giving me reassurance I'm making a good choice in something. It is said that birds are messengers you just need to be able to read the signs to interpret what they're saying

Old 08-04-2008, 06:02 PM

Unicorns !!!! One of my favorites. I have a stuffed lavendar one. Smells like cotton candy.
Nothing against scorpions but I've been stung a couple of times. Yikes, it hurts. I've been wondering ever since what the scorpion medicine was trying to tell me. It's not in the book I have.
Don't know why because I do like them, but not at 2am in the morning when I'm sleeping.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 PM

47 posts, read 130,727 times
Song~thanks for this interesting thread. I appreciate your explanation about crows. I'll ponder on the whole crow enigma for a while.

Thanks too, to all the posters who offered book titles. I'll be sure to have some of those books on hand when I cocoon this winter!

I'd never given animal totems much thought before, now I can see how deeply we are all affected by animals, not just native cultures.

In English culture we are...

~quiet as a mouse

~hungry as a bear

~gentle as a lamb

~eat like a horse

~lower than a snake's belly

and on and on.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:17 PM

Isn't that funny how we come up with all these sayings related to animals?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:27 PM

11 posts, read 39,715 times
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed taking the test/quiz. The results were interesting. I came out as a Wolf, Bear, Eagle and Deer. The Bear one says I like to eat. Opps someone caught me eating that pastry!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 PM

Mine is bear also and I love to eat. I just tell myself I need to watch how I eat, which reminds me, I love to eat with my paws and tear into it.
I've heard people say that they 'forget to eat' sometimes. That's so funny to me. Are they crazy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico