Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:11 AM

717 posts, read 1,957,802 times

Advertisements

Gotta a couple of corrals if ya need em when passing through TorC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 AM

464 posts, read 1,159,358 times
Default Good news!

But shoot and darn it....we'd probably be coming in/down 40 to 54 and south. BUT Dracul....for folks wantin' to trail ride and need a stop over etc, Your on my list!

Excellent to know!

Thank You!

Tia Dalma- drat, I hear that farrier callin me LOL go ta go..........LOL

Old 11-11-2008, 08:27 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,258,949 times
I hope to be there after the first of the year. Unfortunately I can't ride until after the move. The last time I tried riding (in an area that was cooler than most and a bit higher in elevation) it was still too humid. Ever tried to ride while you're numb? My o2 sats were in the trash-first my legs went numb, then my hands and when my face started going numb, I ruined everyone's ride by having to turn back. This blasted disease has taken so much from me, I cannot wait to get to NM and to begin to reclaim it.
Not only trailriding, but maybe play at some cutting or team penning? Seems like fun :0)

It's so great to see a devoted horse owner bringing their animal "back". Seems like I see so much of the other side of the coin on a daily basis......

Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 PM

908 posts, read 2,857,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaDalma View Post
... they are hot to trot to get on my horse
One of those special breeds for it. But more Saddle-seat style. {she's trained for both and western} ...
Tia Dalma
Arabian? Andalusian? Dutch Warmblood?

I'm with RamblinRoseRanch: Good on you for sticking by her.

RamblinRoseRanch: Hopefully the dry desert air will do you good. You can get out here and really enjoy a ride again.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:17 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,258,949 times
that's the plan, Zia. I enjoyed just spending time out there, i can't imagine how much i'll enjoy riding in NM.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 PM

ZiaAir, this is a link for her 'papa', tho she has a prettier coat than he does More white patches and black sections mixed in her mane and tail too. He's very tall 17.1 hands I think. She's good sized at 16.2. He was recently sold to a new farm by the original owner, who also had mine until she was 5 months old. This original breeder is the one who began the Pinto/ASB type line in the USA.
He's the most famous one in the USA, most know him by just mentioning his name alone
These are Double registered horses.
I dont have any digital recent photos of mine, and she'll look best next spring once her winter coat sheds
She needs to gain about another 100 pounds too.
She's had two very nice colts and I'll wait until I move to New Mexico, to breed her again. I might go 'Nat'l Show Horse' breed this next time {again}, not positive. I have the choice with her.
I've already traveled to look at a 17.2 hand black and white gorgeous champion Stud, a Pinto/ASB in Tx., I like *alot*. And perhaps with her bay and white color, I just "might" get a Tri-color Oh yeah!

But I'm not breeding krazy, there are way too many horses in the world these days, in my humble opinion. And with this economy....people are giving up their horses left and right

Mine is like my kid Spoiled rotten taboot More like a real Big dog, LOL

I hope this link works!

www.shnpayback.com/Stallions_A-F/Color_of_Fame.html (broken link)

ASB's have a long history, they were the horses of General's. Some very famous ones, such as General R. E. Lee and others. They are more popular {or have been} east of the Mississippi. People always stop me and ask questions about her, at barns and stables we've been at. She catches the eye Then her personality, Really grabs them, LOL

She definitely was an investment, but she means the world to me. Saving her this summer was the Only thing, on my mind

I tried to find a better pix of her papa, but these were the best/current ones I could find.

Do ya'll know the Breed there?

Tia Dalma

Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 PM

908 posts, read 2,857,845 times
Wow! Gorgeous. I can see why she pulls attention as soon as she arrives. Her papa is loooong and lean. Beautiful lines. I imagine they're a real sight in the arena. I hadn't heard of the breed before you mentioned it. It's kind of a backwater out here for eventing. Doesn't take long before you've seen all the ducks in the pond, so I'm sure you're baby is going to make quite a splash out here. Thanks for the link, which did work fine.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:34 AM

Thank you ZiaAir
I think it's a family trait- that neck stretch thing, like in the photo
Mine does that same thing when I talk to her, then I ask "what do you waaant"? Then she'll turn her head side-ways and down, sort shy wise- like- "geees mom, are you gonna make me beg for a treat?" LOL
It is, one Loooong neck!
As are their legs and bodies, naturally.
But I can also say, one of the reasons his neck 'looks' longer is that, they put on a "neck sweat", and it actually painlessly reduces some of the fluid from the neck for a short time, making it appear more lean and long. Then they use grooming liquids to make them Shine like that too for the photos. The lean long neck is also liked when Showing in the ring as well Most do this for photos and shows.

The newer breed of 'National Show Horse' {20 years? only} is the combination of ASB and Arabian- only.
ASB are considered the "dancing horse" of the horse world. The combination with the traits of the Arabian and then the ASB 'dancing' is what has really taken off in recent years for show and awards.

She's had 1 ASB colt and 1 Nat'l Show Horse colt. Then you add the Pinto {not Paint} in with mine
Her NSH colt was AI, out of Ventura Farms- Psymadre, an Arabian He's, pretty weell known

I'm also interested in a Spotted Saddle Horse and/or the Rocky Mountain breeds too- for trails, once I get moved to New Mexico

Woooops! I'm, Horse-talkin'! LOL

Ramblin' Rose, I completely agree! It will be heaven to be in NM where the weather is 'your friend' for the most part! Damnn the Humidity, the Dew Point, the Barometer and all of them combined! Amen.

Tia Dalma

Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,919,326 times
My problem with horses is that I have short legs and just getting on a horse big enough to carry me takes a stump or a ladder. Then I don't dare fall off. I have no real skill and sit on a horse like a sack of cement. I never had the opportunity to learn how to ride.

I am glad your horse has recovered.

We'll look for you when you move to a dryer climate. We should have established a place in New Mexico by then.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:33 PM

717 posts, read 1,957,802 times
Damn beautiful horses! I once rode somewhat regularly when I was younger, less destroyed and a lot lighter in weight. Most ponies don't like 300 pounders on their backs. My wife raised horse's during most of her youth, but we have none presently. Yours are wonders! Had a girlfriend once who fancied barrel racing and bull riding; quite a gal!

Last edited by dracul; 11-14-2008 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: hand is hopeless; surgery can't come soon enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico