Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:50 AM

464 posts, read 1,159,499 times

Advertisements

The gals {and critters} all came home exhausted
But Happy!

The huge prizes went to other riders and horses But some did come home with some Metals and such

These were the Olympic caliber events. And not to knock the competition real bad....these days it's a little dis-heartening {for me, a bit older than the competitors that So much Big money is involved. I mean from the hoof Up.

Many of the critters are "Corporate" owned. And only the best goes along with that. Rider, horse, equipment and training, etc.
{yeah, just like horse racing has turned too, kinda takes the'spirit' out of it some imho}.
Through the whole week, more than 500 riders and horses were involved Can you imagine that?!

We're happy tho for how it went
I went out yesterday and everyone was a little tired LOL, Horses too {thought I'd be home more!}
I'll be out the next couple of days, trying to get things back to 'normal', some
I'm Proud of them and their mounts!
They've only been at our stables {not mine personally} for about 6 weeks, after a huge- whole group move

Winter is coming on strong, I noticed early yesterday, on the 5am news, that places in Nebraska were at 11° and 19° Boing! Tho we're not that close to Neb., it's coming, snow here by Friday they say. Hope the stable cats are ready- mice wanting in the feed room
Got to put heaters in some of the water buckets too
And see how my mare is doing, she was none too happy to have many of her stable mates gone for a few days LOL {it's that herd mentality }, and she was antsie pretty bad, so I went out and spent time with her more than I thought I would over the weekend
We've moved across the country one time already and she's done very well....but she gets attached to a few, she KNOWS
When we move to NM it will be an even long and bigger move/change....I can only hope she maintains her sociable- lovable ways through then and beyond

Alas, I thought I'd beable to be on-line more recently and 'relax' LOL, I'll shoot for a few brief visit for the next couple of days.
I've got Links and such to Post for folks!

Maybe I'll post a lil sumpthin' for Rybert 'scrapebook' before I leave

Have a Great day all!

Tia Dalma

Last edited by TiaDalma; 11-10-2008 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 AM

Default rybert, you'll luv this :p

To add to your photo scrape book

Me bein' an ol' Illinois gal, I check in on things now and then from 'back home'....

This was just Toooooo Big to post the photo here, so go to this link and download 'that' cover photo {shown center column for the on-line version of the hardcopy}, to your hearts content LOL
{I Luved the headline myself LOL}

It's from a popular Chicago *Liberal* pop-rag.
They love 'him' too

www.chicagoreader.com

I just didn't want to post that huge thang itself in this forum

Tia Dalma-
OH! Also, Thank you everyone for All the nice and kind comments here and in my Rep box- WoW! Had to say that too!

Last edited by TiaDalma; 11-10-2008 at 07:17 AM..

Old 11-10-2008, 08:01 AM

717 posts, read 1,958,089 times
That Chicago Reader is cool. I luv your city by the way. Been there five times and enjoyed the experiences immensely.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 AM

Ugh, it's wet and Cold and windy here....havin' a hard time draggin' myself out to the Barn! These older/youngish bones aren't happy to-day at all LOL

Hold on horsey, I'll get there
Thank goodness for stable "hands" that pinch-hit, can't call em 'boys' these days

Tia Dalma

Old 11-10-2008, 11:58 AM

7,399 posts, read 19,377,067 times
It's cold and rainy here today too.
Whether you won or not, you're still a winner, simply by taking care of animals.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,259,375 times
TiaDalma-

We're moving our critters cross country too. Six horses should be making the trip with us, including our old girl- boss mare of the herd :-)

Your horse things there remind me of our horse things here in TN.

Can't WAIT to be riding in the fresh air of NM (even if we will be a lil' weird with our gaited horses. lol)

Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 PM

908 posts, read 2,858,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaDalma View Post
These were the Olympic caliber events. And not to knock the competition real bad....these days it's a little dis-heartening {for me, a bit older than the competitors that So much Big money is involved. I mean from the hoof Up.
Have a Great day all!
Tia Dalma

Dressage?

Old 11-10-2008, 03:35 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,483,989 times
Sorry, what event are you talking about?

Old 11-11-2008, 09:02 AM

717 posts, read 1,958,089 times
Congratulations are in order...luv all things equestrian. Keep up your efforts, you are involved in a thing of beauty and grace. ......Still dig your town, despite the wet cold of winter!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 AM

Default A four fer? :-)

Thank you Song, Love my 'baby'
She actually responds to "Baby girl" more than her name LOL
I've also been an active member of the Hooved Animal Humane Society and the like, in years past

Hi Ramblin', Mine did very well on an Air Transport, with one nite lay-over. She's a prett good easy loader 'most' times Keep me posted on when you move! I'm sure you'll be there before me Love Trail ridin' Most!

Yes Dressage AirZia, Eventing Dressage and Eventing Show Jumping, not sure what all else, as tho I'm at the barn the gals moved to, I lean Western And so I'm not "up on" all the methods and eventing and levels etc.
Got to spend time for the first time last night with that new trainer, {they've been so busy with lessons till now} they are hot to trot to get on my horse
One of those special breeds for it. But more Saddle-seat style. {she's trained for both and western}

{tho mine is just now, almost fully recovered from a very serious and rare systemic infection {from long time ago injury we think}. I almost lost her. I spent ALL day Evey day for 30 days with her this summer to help her recover and do injections etc. Whew, I think we are Al-most there now. She looks Glorious, which even just a few weeks ago she was still losing her coat and under weight. She looks like a Teddy bear now with her winter coat almost all in now. And she's all shiney taboot
At times, I felt as sick as she was for the worry and concern and saddness in my heart over it. But she pulled through. I dropped one vet and found an Excellent one and He helped save her. What a turn-around!
We'll see how things go for a bit longer before I allow riding, I don't want to tax her or have her lose any weight right now

LaLa, this was a huge horse show that had to be travelled to, spend a few nights etc. And now is the Reining etc., week there
{I had mentioned this show and the gals going in a previous thread here.}

Me, I enjoy the simple pleasure of Trail riding these days Cant wait to get to New Mexico for some!

Thanks all,

Tia Dalma

Last edited by TiaDalma; 11-11-2008 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico