Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:53 PM

20 posts, read 66,867 times

Advertisements

Just spent a few days at the SageBrush Inn in Taos. They treated us very well. For a good lunch try FULLBELLY DELI, have Aaron fix you one of his good grilled sandwiches. The ski valley had snow and was well organized.
The SageBrush was built in 1929 and still has the era ambiance with modern updates.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-08-2011 at 05:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 PM

53 posts, read 147,680 times
any nice restaurant in taos? we love food and wine...also beer...how restricted is to drink in taos?

Old 12-29-2008, 01:28 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,988,622 times
Wink Simplicity & Refinement

In looking I'm thinking Taos, NM needs a really good online review of local restaurants (there are so many), or perhaps I just haven't found it. However this list may prove helpful:
Taos NM Restaurants - taosfood.com
You might also refer to specific discussions of New Mexican restaurants on these forums.

For its size Taos has an abundance of good restaurants, and due the spirit of the place they often have that little something extra one doesn't always find. Not to mention a New Mexican sensibility one won't find elsewhere. There is an ample selection from the good and simple to fine dining which may not match the extravagance of NYC, but quite pleasant and in its own way better.

Not sure what you mean by restricted (in this world other places less so) but of age you shouldn't lack for an ample choice of spirits. Eskes Brew Pub, for one, offers some good beers of their own making along with a nice menu. In general you'll find a better selection of beer, wine and spirits in town than possibly expected. Most places that you might expect to do serve alcohol, with usually a fairly good selection. I'll give passing mention to the Apple Tree Restaurant on Bent St., but only one of many fine options, including something rather different nearby in The Alley Cantina.

In years past some mountain men made Taos their winter home. Some of their relatively primitive accommodations can still be visited. Some nearby restaurants seemingly haven't changed much, with simple wooden floors and thick adobe walls of humble dried mud. But that on offer is comparatively far more sumptuous. When in Taos one need rough it only to the degree desired.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,009 times
Welcome in the Taos restaurants, if you need for online reviews of all the local restaurants in New Mexico ten simply log on to :Taos Dining - Everything about Taos Restaurants, Eateries, Dining where get to know abut the all reviews of Restaurants , google map where you can easily search the Taos Restaurants and explore the guide to reach there.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,085,640 times
Taos Dining - Everything about Taos Restaurants, Eateries, Dining

I just cut-pasted the above url because I couldn't figure out why the server didn't display it properly.

Some stuff is just weird.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,633,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
In looking I'm thinking Taos, NM needs a really good online review of local restaurants (there are so many), or perhaps I just haven't found it. However this list may prove helpful:
Taos NM Restaurants - taosfood.com
You might also refer to specific discussions of New Mexican restaurants on these forums.

For its size Taos has an abundance of good restaurants, and due the spirit of the place they often have that little something extra one doesn't always find. Not to mention a New Mexican sensibility one won't find elsewhere. There is an ample selection from the good and simple to fine dining which may not match the extravagance of NYC, but quite pleasant and in its own way better.

Not sure what you mean by restricted (in this world other places less so) but of age you shouldn't lack for an ample choice of spirits. Eskes Brew Pub, for one, offers some good beers of their own making along with a nice menu. In general you'll find a better selection of beer, wine and spirits in town than possibly expected. Most places that you might expect to do serve alcohol, with usually a fairly good selection. I'll give passing mention to the Apple Tree Restaurant on Bent St., but only one of many fine options, including something rather different nearby in The Alley Cantina.

In years past some mountain men made Taos their winter home. Some of their relatively primitive accommodations can still be visited. Some nearby restaurants seemingly haven't changed much, with simple wooden floors and thick adobe walls of humble dried mud. But that on offer is comparatively far more sumptuous. When in Taos one need rough it only to the degree desired.
New Mexicans in Taos? Hmm. Interesting. All I saw during my visit was the modern day hippie outsider - typically a person from California, New York, VW or northeast with net worth in the millions, living in a 6,000 sqft home and walking around with long hair, no bra, doing yoga to destress and eating organic to stay in touch with Mother Earth. I suspect that's why most of us cannot afford to buy there anymore....

Old 08-31-2009, 05:49 PM

107 posts, read 274,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
New Mexicans in Taos? Hmm. Interesting. All I saw during my visit was the modern day hippie outsider - typically a person from California, New York, VW or northeast with net worth in the millions, living in a 6,000 sqft home and walking around with long hair, no bra, doing yoga to destress and eating organic to stay in touch with Mother Earth. I suspect that's why most of us cannot afford to buy there anymore....
Well yeah what's VW?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:19 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,755,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
Ha ha! I moved to Taos in '76- yep lots of folks walking around with long hair and no bras back then. And a number of my old friends are still there and still braless after all these years! Luckily, they bought into Taos back in the now so-called "olden days." Wish I had bought in Taos back then too.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,863,540 times
We have stayed at the Sagebrush and enjoyed it. I like Taos better than Santa Fe. Less hustle and bustle. However, unless you are a liberal and or wealthy, it is not all that hospitable, IMHO.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Most places can be hospitable if you are considered wealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico