Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 10:43 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,217,868 times

Advertisements

txroughneck, I don't think you can make it from Lubbock to Ruidoso in 2 1/2 hours. I'd say it would take a good 4 hours (at least). Depending upon the weight of one's lead foot and luck, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 PM

5,668 posts, read 6,611,046 times
Get your Ruidoso stats here: RUIDOSO 2, NEW MEXICO - Climate Summary

Weather is generally pretty nice in the winter... tends to be sunny and not too cold. We spend ~$100/mo for extra NG in the winter (1200 sq ft townhouse). Snow is highly variable... they are predicting more than average this winter.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:31 PM

41 posts, read 110,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
txroughneck, I don't think you can make it from Lubbock to Ruidoso in 2 1/2 hours. I'd say it would take a good 4 hours (at least). Depending upon the weight of one's lead foot and luck, of course.

You're right...I don't know what I was thinking. I usually don't go that way though.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:21 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,922,889 times
The person who began this thread did so in 2007, so I doubt answers being posted now will be of any relevance.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:24 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
The person who began this thread did so in 2007, so I doubt answers being posted now will be of any relevance.

Did you say something? Oh, by the way threads can be revived at any time, but thank you for your foresight!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Did you say something? Oh, by the way threads can be revived at any time, but thank you for your foresight!
I'm quite aware that people can post to out of date threads. I was simply trying to keep others from wasting time responding to a question that is two years old.

BTW, are you one of the moderators of this forum? I don't see you listed as being in that capacity.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:13 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
I'm quite aware that people can post to out of date threads. I was simply trying to keep others from wasting time responding to a question that is two years old.

BTW, are you one of the moderators of this forum? I don't see you listed as being in that capacity.

Nope and I don't care to be one, Are you a moderator? Just let it go dude. I'm just posting as I feel like. Thanks for your concern.

How is your day?

It seems like you like to respond to and "waste your time" responding to dead threads. Humh! Maybe I missed something!

BTW did you stop anyone from posting?

Last edited by JDTH; 08-09-2009 at 07:34 PM..

Old 08-09-2009, 09:02 PM

107 posts, read 201,509 times
Speaking of Lubbock. I grew up there. And, I can assure you there are men there who would try to make it to Ruidoso in 2 1/2 hours. So, I hope none of them are reading this. My uncle took me fishing in his pickup when I was about 12 years old (late fifties). 102 miles in 1 hour and 10 minutes with a beer in one hand. The truck was geared so high that it took a mile to get the speedo pegged. Yeah, I know. He was stupid, just like my Dad said when he found out about it. In 1957 Chrysler made a 2 door hardtop with a factory dual four-barrel Hemi engine and and no A/C. The speedo said 155. I rode in one that would still do 140 in 1963 after 100 thousand miles were put on it by a bootlegger.. It was only sold to law enforcement. It was officially called a "Sheriff's Special". The bootlegger (who I knew) got his hands on it after a small-town Sheriff got tired of not having A/C. You see, Lubbock County used to be a dry county.

But, I digress. I wonder how the young lady and her dogs made out?

Old 01-29-2010, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,059 times
Default Check out Silver City

Before you make your final decision, may I suggest another place in the southwest. We live in Denver, born in Farmington, NM. However, if you want a really nice town with a great climate, great hospital, outdoor activities galore, 6,000 ft. elevation, vibrant art community and a host of other things----you must check out Silver City. I've traveled NM from top to bottom and back and forth and cannot think of a nicer place to relocate. We plan on it in the not too distant future. They got 9 inches of snow last week, but that was the largest snowfall there in a coon's age according to records. Another big plus is that Western NM Univerisity is there which offers athletics, art and cultural diversities.

Last edited by bartnrod; 01-29-2010 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add the University situation.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartnrod View Post
Before you make your final decision....
I suspect the OP has long ago made the decision since the last post to this thread was ONE YEAR AGO!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico