Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:52 PM

405 posts, read 1,338,121 times

Advertisements

So I'll try to make a long story short! My hubby and I moved here from ND last year and therefore still have ND cell phone numbers and don't plan on changing that. However.. we are two very ticked off Alltel customers!

Most of you probably know that Alltel was bought out by Verison but due to monopoly laws could not take ALL Alltel customers. Therefore, some of us are left hanging in the balance. Here we sit with our service diminished to minimal. Dropped calls, failed calls and failed text messages. Forced to deal with it until July or pay a $400 termination fee for our lines!

Just wondering what service everyone out there is enjoying right now. What service do you have? How is the reception? Have you been happy with your phone? Would you do anything differently?

We checked into a few places today..but since we were will AllHELL..I mean Alltel for ~8 years we have a GREAT plan that no one even comes close to offering anymore. We pay ~$85 for 1200 minutes and when I looked at current plans I was shocked! Most Alltel customers got to keep their great plans when they were rolled over...but we're stuck.

I know there have been threads on this before but I couldn't find them anymore. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 08:03 PM

995 posts, read 2,734,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer_girl View Post
So I'll try to make a long story short! My hubby and I moved here from ND last year and therefore still have ND cell phone numbers and don't plan on changing that. However.. we are two very ticked off Alltel customers!

Most of you probably know that Alltel was bought out by Verison but due to monopoly laws could not take ALL Alltel customers. Therefore, some of us are left hanging in the balance. Here we sit with our service diminished to minimal. Dropped calls, failed calls and failed text messages. Forced to deal with it until July or pay a $400 termination fee for our lines!

Just wondering what service everyone out there is enjoying right now. What service do you have? How is the reception? Have you been happy with your phone? Would you do anything differently?

We checked into a few places today..but since we were will AllHELL..I mean Alltel for ~8 years we have a GREAT plan that no one even comes close to offering anymore. We pay ~$85 for 1200 minutes and when I looked at current plans I was shocked! Most Alltel customers got to keep their great plans when they were rolled over...but we're stuck.

I know there have been threads on this before but I couldn't find them anymore. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas everyone!
Just my $.02. Why not port you number over to sprint or any other carrier? I'm not sure if there is a difference in pricing, but I have a data plan with sprint for two phones in NY. 1500 minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile and data for $125 including taxes and fees. Service could better, but sprint has the best data plan on the market.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:13 PM

Well, we are thinking about porting eventually..I just cant justify spending the $400 instead of waiting until July. Also..if you look at the sprint service map here in the SW...to be honest it sucks compared to Verison. I have yet to check T-mobile. Also, they offer free mobile to mobile but I don't know a single person with Sprint so that defeats the purpose! However, they are offering some credits to your bill this month. I'd just like to know how the service is. I USED to think Alltel was wonderful...... but you know how that goes!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:22 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,962,444 times
We settled on Verizon a few years ago and have been satisfied.

Two threads on Cell Phones:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...bs-phones.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...reception.html

Rich

Old 01-31-2010, 08:39 PM

Wow! Thanks much! I knew I had commented on a thread SOMEWHERE! Looks like the vote is for Verison. I don't like the fact that some people on those threads from the NE of the USA complain about their coverage. Their coverage (according to the AT&T map) should be better than here! I also don't plan on staying in NM forever so I can't really go by just what works here.
Those threads were super helpful. When I am looking at spending $400 + ~$40 more a month I'll need all the verbal help I can get!!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:40 PM

PS...I need to "spread a little reputation around" before I can give some to you again, Poncho! lol

Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 PM

793 posts, read 2,303,478 times
Default serve me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer_girl View Post
:Angry Are you happy with your cell phone service?!
No but my Skype service is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrate!!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 AM

502 posts, read 1,384,533 times
Personal opinion I would look at the 'pre-paid" plans by either net 10 or Straight Talk.
They both use verison equipment to operate off so the service area is the same.
The Straight Talk is the better deal, $45.00 a month, this gives you unlimited talk, text and internet from your phone.
I'm currently using Net 10 but plan on switching over in the near future.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,450,613 times
I use Plateautel for me Cell phone
$40pm for free cell to cell in network, free calls anywhere allweekend and after 6pm week days with 1000 minutes. Extra $5 for unlimited txt msgs. I am pretty happy with it.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:37 AM

995 posts, read 2,734,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
No but my Skype service is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrate!!
can you cary it in your pocket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico