Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,500 times

Advertisements

hi everyone. i'm new to this forum and hope y'all can help.

i have lived in atlanta for 8 years. since i first moved here, i have suffered godawful spring allergies. as in, like having pneumonia. i have that under control with allergy medications since the 2nd year here. even when the pollen count is high, i'm pretty much fine as long as i take my medication. i am outside a lot in spring. as of about 2 years ago, i developed fall allergies, but they're not normal. i don't get nasal drip or congestion, the coughing, etc. i get horribly blocked ears, vertigo, weakness, low grade fever. these symptoms seem to come in late sept-early oct (pollen count is not high then) and last until just around halloween. it's really messing me up. i have been to a doctor and this coming season, i am hoping to get it under control by using my springtime medication combo. we think it may be caused by ragweed.

i have received a work opportunity in new orleans for the fall. i did some research and it appears that pollen is worse in new orleans. has anyone on here spent time in both cities during the months i mentioned to compare them? how is the ragweed pollen there compared to atlanta? does anyone in nola who is a transplant suffer from the symptoms mentioned above in the fall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 10:07 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,744 times
I've lived in both. Honestly I've had a harder time in the summer in New Orleans...but fall comes a bit later here than in Atlanta (I don't know that I've felt that the pollen is worse here, especially in the fall)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: