Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times

Advertisements

Didn't find a thread for this already.

New Orleans looks at 8 proposals to revive shuttered Six Flags amusement park site

The eight bidders and their proposed projects, as described by Quirk, are:
  • Louisiana Heritage Resort BP: 200-plus-acre resort with nine "theme lands" and 20 acres of sound stages.
  • RCS Entertainment Inc.: Crescent City Amusement Park, a green amusement park.
  • Dag Development and Provident: outlet mall with a boardwalk entertainment district.
  • Packaert LLC: electric power generation plant.
  • The Paida Company: water park and back lot for the film industry.
  • JWM Ventures: resort with theme park, water park and sports complex.
  • Powell Commodity Inc.: commercial retail and family entertainment venue with theme park.
  • A business coalition led by Al Philips: eco park focusing on green usages of water and green construction.

New Orleans looks at 8 proposals to revive shuttered Six Flags amusement park site | NOLA.com

Finally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,760 times
How about makin it a Asian theme park, restaurants, shopping area for populace of that area. It would be huge draw for the Asian populationaround the country

Old 11-23-2011, 10:15 AM

How would that bring Asians from around the country?

Old 11-23-2011, 09:46 PM

310 posts, read 854,823 times
NO East has a wonderfully tight-knit Vietnamese community but definitely not enough to support an entire theme park. Six Flags barely drew people of any race from around the country. The attendance they did have were locals and people from neighboring states. It only took Jazzland 2 years to fail. Had the storm not hit, who knows how long Six Flags would've lasted - especially since Six Flags has been in such financial trouble for the last several years. This news might be something that would've been happening even if the storm never happened.

It'll be interesting to see what pans out. At least it'll be nice to see that rotting, vandal attracting eyesore gone or fixed up for new streams of revenue.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:18 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,760 times
Ok, make it a retail, apartments,office park with a grocery store

Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 AM

New Orleans Krewe MLB team.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,458 times
Meh to the old Six Flags park. New Orleans EAST honestly sucks...and the Corps of Engineers says they cannot protect it the way they protect the rest of the city. Let it rot. (I'm sure I'll be unpopular for saying this..but its how I feel). Concentrate on growth between Gentilly, and the Jeff Parish line.

Last edited by Prytania; 11-26-2011 at 08:13 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 07:45 PM

310 posts, read 854,823 times
Not unpopular with me, Prytania. Now it's just a matter of cleaning it up. Building something like that in that area was trouble to begin with. I worked for people that considered buying Jazzland before Six Flags. Let's just say that if you know what you're looking at, you don't want to see that land survey. If anyone tries to actually run roller coasters there again, give it some big questions. Roller coaster footers need real ground to be truly safe (which is why my old employer pulled out). I live on swamp land myself so I can't talk too much, just saying. Someone is going to do something with it regardless, but I think redeveloping it other than demolition is just silly.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:23 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
and the Corps of Engineers says they cannot protect it the way they protect the rest of the city. Let it rot.
So are they basically saying that they can't protect the rest of the East and Michoud either, since they all lie inside the same levee? I'm confused.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
So are they basically saying that they can't protect the rest of the East and Michoud either, since they all lie inside the same levee? I'm confused.
They have to keep that lie going when the lower 9th flooded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans