Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM

39 posts, read 74,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lqqk View Post
We just received the 4th amendment yesterday. It's huge.
Do you know what's new in this? It looks like the same thing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM

26 posts, read 42,003 times
I'm sure there are many changes, but the one I was looking for was in the proprietary lease, which allows for a move-in deposit which was mentioned to me for the first time during the walk-through. At this point though, what is another $750. I'm already being bleed dry.

I'm hoping that whoever gets their closing scheduled first will mention it online here as soon as they know. I have to go to my landlord today and ask for a month-to-month lease and I'm sure that I will be paying greatly for this.

I'm excited to close. My walk-through went well though I'm a bit shocked on the lack of care that was taken installing and/or moving appliances. The damage there did not match the great care that was taken with the rest of the apartment. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet with movers too as I do not have time to be messing around and arranging all of the moving stuff. I wish we could combine moving trips, especially for those of us that live in the CB, but I am guessing that will not happen. Here is hoping I am moved before tax day!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM

20 posts, read 39,987 times
La Celia'ers,

News: La Celia has taken the shortest amount of time (8 months)to Convert in the Programs' History (from 1st contract signing). The longests was 23 months.

In addition, most other purchasers signed during construction and did not have an opportunity to view their apartments prior to the first punch list. You are indeed a fortunate group. In addition, La Celia is the final Cooperative development financed under HDC's Cooperative Loan Program. The program commenced in 2001.

__________________________________________________ _____________

You should have received the 4th Amendment. This amendment includes the Declaration of Effectiveness (83 sales w/ mtg approvals), the Propietary Lease (Please READ it- A Board President of a neighboring building alerted me to this very important issue; Thanks), Stogage Bin Rider, revised Purchase Agreement (this affects new purchasers as current purchasers' agreements have been ammended already), and Parking Space references.

Soon, you will be receiving the 30 day notice to close letter. The letter will include an attachment for Move-In proceedures (including moving company insurance requirements) and contact information for the Property Manager.

The Sponsor will NOT be pre-close even though they have that option. This means, you will receive your stack certificates at your closing.

I anticipate the first closings during the week of March 18th. Step Right Up Hurry Hurry!!!!
__________________________________________________ _______________

Sales are continuing to move briskly.

The availability is as follows:

1 Studio $190,000
1 One Bedroom $290,000
3 Two Bedrooms $373,000

We are moving to Log#'s 1300 this week out of approximately 3500 in the lottery from April 2012.

For those of you in contract without a mortgage approval, please remain diligent with your lender(s). All others, ask your atty(s) to order a Lien Search and secure the Lenders' Atty for closings. Note: They may want to wait until they receive the 30 day notice; I'm just thinking about minor items that slow down the closing time.

Thanks again and Good Luck.

I'll attempt to add more info on a more frequent basis.

Mike Reed, Selling Agent

This is not an offer to sell, an Offering Plan has been filed with the Atty General of New York State.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:43 PM

49 posts, read 79,514 times
Sorry I didn't read it yet. Btw does anyone know if we can move our own stuff or need to get a insured movers company.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 AM

47 posts, read 84,055 times
[quote=nycnick;28299380]I'm sure there are many changes, but the one I was looking for was in the proprietary lease, which allows for a move-in deposit which was mentioned to me for the first time during the walk-through. At this point though, what is another $750.

Is this refundable after move in, if no damage is done...As is the case of most deposits?

Old 02-19-2013, 06:45 PM

26 posts, read 42,003 times
Not sure about it being returned. I was not able to read the information, was only told it by my walk-through people.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:24 PM

20 posts, read 39,987 times
La Celia' ers,

Move-In deposits are generally refundable in full. You will be required to use licensed and bonded companies.

If the Moving Company creates damage during the move, the cost will be deducted from the deposit. Typically, light fixtures along the wals in the hallway get destroyed and hall ways get scratched. I've asked the Sponsor to remove light fixtures throughout the building during the first 60 days to limit the costs of damage. It may not look as finished as you would prefer, but it saves the cost of replacement. FYI

Moving Companies are notorious for not being on time for pick up, which delays move-in. Since there will be multiple move-ins on a daily basis (with only 1 elevator), it's critical that you maintain a cushion. DO NOT GIVE YOUR EXACT MOVE-IN TIME TO THE COMPANY. If you arrive late or don't have enough time, you will adversely impact your neighbor.

A good moving company should provide you with boxes and labels days before ( not the night before). For those of us that may have roaches (pardon my lack of PC) it is critical that you bomb your home before move-in and open the underside of your furniture to remediate the infestations prior to the move. Generally, they nest in couches and chairs. You will need to remove the dark shething and abate. This is important for all.

Mike Reed
Not as Seling Agent

Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,937 times
I am moving boxes and few pieces of furniture. I am planning to buy new stuff. First, I definitely need new bed. What should I do? I do not want to pay a lot of money to move few things that I am moving and I want to order stuff to be delivered. Should I have deliveries at the same day? Also, I already bought boxes at Home Depot and started to pack!! Please advise! Thank you!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 PM

24 posts, read 44,494 times
Hey everybody!
It's been a while since I've posted anything but I have been reading all you very useful posts. So glad we have communicated throughout all this process. Imagine how daunting this process would've been without this forum! I would've been a wreck!
Anyway, am also moving along in the process and have my first walk in tomorrow and was wondering what specific things I should be on the lookout for...I have read several things about the bathroom roll, but anything else? SOmething you guys would like for me to check in detail.
I will post something tomorrow or this weekend after the walkin just to keep the ball rolling. I'd appreciate some suggestions.
THanks future neighbors

Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 PM

47 posts, read 84,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barrio Girl View Post
Hey everybody!
It's been a while since I've posted anything but I have been reading all you very useful posts. So glad we have communicated throughout all this process. Imagine how daunting this process would've been without this forum! I would've been a wreck!
Anyway, am also moving along in the process and have my first walk in tomorrow and was wondering what specific things I should be on the lookout for...I have read several things about the bathroom roll, but anything else? SOmething you guys would like for me to check in detail.
I will post something tomorrow or this weekend after the walkin just to keep the ball rolling. I'd appreciate some suggestions.
THanks future neighbors
I have a question you could ask. I know we all inspect our individual units. Who inspects the building? In essence we all OWN the building as well and who is going to check the laundry room, exterior doors, outside terrace, etc. if there is a problem with the multitude of aspects of the building, our maintenance will be increased to fix it. Is their a warranty for our builder's craftsmanship that will last until we get our board together to inspect the building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery