Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM

26 posts, read 44,283 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity...those of you who received your notice to close letters--when did you begin the whole process (receiving offering plan, signing contract, etc.)? Just trying to gauge how long my wait might be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 AM

20 posts, read 39,977 times
La Celia'ers,

The conversion date of 3/13/2013 has not been changed. We are "GOOD TO GO!"

For the new purchasers- The process will move faster. The Sponsor is holding to deadline dates and is not willing to extend them. Be diligent!

At this time , Chase seems to be the quickest option for SONYMA loans. They are in the office on Monday and Wednesday and seem to process fast. It is critical that you use the loan officers indicated. We are having difficulty securing approvals when buyers use a branch loan officer.

Regarding attorneys, I would suggest limiting costs as these deals do not require negotiation. The closing should take 30 minutes. An atty can sit at the sellers' atty office and close 5-7 per day.

It is important to seek an atty who has closed on similar subsidized coops.

Just my 3 cents.
Mike Reed

Old 03-05-2013, 05:42 PM

139 posts, read 189,285 times
Default UCC-1 Fee

Got a letter from Chase's attorney regarding the filing of the UCC-1, but they are asking for $150 to do the filing. When going over closing cost with my attorney, he has listed $50-$100. So, $150 seems excessive. Anyone else received this notice and anyone else attorney gave them different amount for the UCC-1 filing?

I don't want to pay $50 more if I dont need do. I will also call Dave Forbes to inquire.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 PM

29 posts, read 69,041 times
My attorney said UCC filing should be $125. I'm working with Citi and do not yet know the what my UCC filing cost will be.

Getting back to a previous post, I picked an apartment on the D line as well. There were only 3 apts in my price range when I picked so there wasn't much choice, but I liked the D. The bathroom seemed bigger and I wanted a corner apartment. I know the walls are supposed to be soundproof, but I preferred the idea of sharing only one wall with a neighbor. On the downside, it is the closest apartment to the MetroNorth and as someone else said, the current view is of an empty lot. Not sure what I would want the lot owner to build there.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 PM

24 posts, read 44,475 times
HEllo Everyone!
I just got my commitment letter, phew! I got nervous there for a moment. Sorry for the late update but I did go through the walk in. I asked about the common spaces inspections and the contractor did not know much but told me that any day we could walk in and ask to inspect the building. One of the neighbors that I met on my way out, pointed out the sharp edges that the glass rail had in the mail section.
I did not have much time to inspect the rest of the building since I spent A LOT of time on my unit, asking questions. THe gentleman was very helpful and appeared to be pretty transparent. Overall the unit seemed pretty good, just some minor details. Caulking overall, smudges here and there, and the kitchen had a couple of things: the drawers and cabinets when opened collided..just one but check just in case. The screen in the living room was installed on the wrong window (the window that didn't open) I'm glad I caught that one; a chip in the bathroom tub; some extra glue above the dishwasher...I think that was about it.
Now I have to rush and get all the documents that the bank is requesting. Will this ever end????

Old 03-06-2013, 04:52 PM

184 posts, read 334,126 times
And I'm still waiting for my fully signed contract. I signed, check delivered and now I wait and wait and wait. Time lines??

Old 03-08-2013, 07:54 AM

49 posts, read 79,490 times
Did anyone else get the closing dates yet. Mine is the 4/15.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 PM

49 posts, read 79,490 times
Well I can't say how long the wait time because for us we had to wait for the city to approve paper works for the building. But everything else was smooth. We started last year, it's been since Jun or July of last year. For the other people who started out now, your process will be faster. The banks don't have to wait because the building has all the paper work done. We had our paper work done on September of last year. Our loan was done on January. Hope that helped you. Also the banks had to hold our paper work because they didn't want to wast money and time redoing our loan

Last edited by Lqqk; 03-08-2013 at 02:46 PM..

Old 03-08-2013, 02:57 PM

184 posts, read 334,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lqqk View Post
Did anyone else get the closing dates yet. Mine is the 4/15.
Yeah for you!!! That's bit later than I want to hear.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:10 PM

26 posts, read 44,283 times
Lqqk- don't these letters give us "30 Days Notice to Close"? Any idea why your closing date was scheduled beyond the 30-day mark? Just curious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery