Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 AM

47 posts, read 84,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
It would probably be easier to create a LaCelia Residents Facebook group. Whomever sets it up can assign administrators to monitor and the group can be closed to residents or open to all. That would be my suggestion instead of using this site which can not be controlled, monitored etc
Done. Join the Facebook group, La Celia Cooperative. Let's get the dialogue going of issues in the building. I think it is very important to be on the same page. We Collectively bought this building so we are Collectively responsible for it. Our super and our management company are there to help us. Ultimately we are Collectively responsible to make this a great place to live. Most buildings our size have a super, several porters, doormen. etc. We are just starting out, so our finances may not allow for us to hire the amount of people we truly need so we never have to lift a finger ourselves. We will all need to pitch in to help make it safe and clean. Our efforts will not only enhance our quality of life, but also the quality of life of our neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 11:22 AM

12 posts, read 18,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwayGal View Post
Done. Join the Facebook group, La Celia Cooperative. Let's get the dialogue going of issues in the building. I think it is very important to be on the same page. We Collectively bought this building so we are Collectively responsible for it. Our super and our management company are there to help us. Ultimately we are Collectively responsible to make this a great place to live. Most buildings our size have a super, several porters, doormen. etc. We are just starting out, so our finances may not allow for us to hire the amount of people we truly need so we never have to lift a finger ourselves. We will all need to pitch in to help make it safe and clean. Our efforts will not only enhance our quality of life, but also the quality of life of our neighborhood.
Thanks! I've "Liked" the page.

I've greatly appreciated all the information on this thread. Even the completely "specific" information - which has brought to mind things I may never have thought of myself. I'm in this process by myself and I truly feel like I am joining a community and a collective. Thank you all for sharing everything you have shared. I look forward to learning, growing and living with you all as a good neighbor in the years to come. Blessings to us all as we move forward.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 PM

131 posts, read 338,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhopeful View Post
Soontobehomeowner, did you complete the process with Ryan Walsh? If so, how was his service? I'm with a non-responsive atty and looking for another.
They won't disappoint, I was totally satisfied with them and yes, I went from start to finish.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:34 PM

131 posts, read 338,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwayGal View Post
Done. Join the Facebook group, La Celia Cooperative. Let's get the dialogue going of issues in the building. I think it is very important to be on the same page. We Collectively bought this building so we are Collectively responsible for it. Our super and our management company are there to help us. Ultimately we are Collectively responsible to make this a great place to live.

Most buildings our size have a super, several porters, doormen. etc. We are just starting out, so our finances may not allow for us to hire the amount of people we truly need so we never have to lift a finger ourselves. We will all need to pitch in to help make it safe and clean. Our efforts will not only enhance our quality of life, but also the quality of life of our neighborhood.

I was just having a conversation with a neighbor this afternoon about this very issue, before I even saw this post. The building is only maybe half full and there are issues already with keeping it clean. Now we can air our dirty laundry in private.

Looking forward to the face book group as soon as I can remember my password. LOL

Thanks to mg8215 for the suggestion, Marshland for the face book idea, and BwayGal for creating it.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 AM

184 posts, read 334,730 times
Another step closer to closing but it seems like its all up to me to make it happen.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:31 AM

25,439 posts, read 37,289,554 times
What a wonderful idea. I may try to implement it in my co-op where communications are pathetic.
(I've never had a facebook account so first I'd best find out what I need to do.)

Old 06-26-2013, 07:49 AM

23 posts, read 44,186 times
Not everyone has Facebook. I think the idea is good in theory, but communicating on a portal that everyone has access to, like this website, is better. Also, the only people that know about the group are the ones that read this site. I am sure there are people in the building that are unaware this site even exists. You're already alienating a group of people that could be valuable, contributing members.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:11 AM

14 posts, read 19,209 times
I closed yesterday- yay me!!! It was defintely a long process but well worth it. For those that are waiting for approval from NHS or for NHS to release the grant money, try to be patient. It was worth the wait since I didn't have to pay for anything at closing :-)

Wish you all the best!

Old 06-26-2013, 01:26 PM

139 posts, read 190,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhopeful View Post
Thanks! I've "Liked" the page.

I've greatly appreciated all the information on this thread. Even the completely "specific" information - which has brought to mind things I may never have thought of myself. I'm in this process by myself and I truly feel like I am joining a community and a collective. Thank you all for sharing everything you have shared. I look forward to learning, growing and living with you all as a good neighbor in the years to come. Blessings to us all as we move forward.
An FB group is OK for now, but not really the best option. FB is very linear, one conversation at a time, no topics, plus so many ads...well, yeah, its free but there must be other free options.

On the (cheap) but still paid side, I would recommend ZenDesk - software which handles both forums, suggestions, and tickets - I would want our building to have a ticketing systems for issues, so that all is tracked - apt XXX sends a request to unclog the drain, apt YYY is complaining of noise from the terrace, etc... Issues can be tracked and responded to by the super and the Board then can have clear understanding of what is going on in the building the amount of issues reported, etc. It also serves as a knowledge base - how do I operate XXX, what are the terrace hours? How big a pet can I have, etc....it is excellent and not that expensive and can be managed by the super (and/or the board representative). This will make life for the residents and the super much easier. Board can keep their minutes there, can share decision with the residents, etc.

Not a big fan of FB but there are other options to have an private online community.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM

139 posts, read 190,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlemchick26 View Post
Not everyone has Facebook. I think the idea is good in theory, but communicating on a portal that everyone has access to, like this website, is better. Also, the only people that know about the group are the ones that read this site. I am sure there are people in the building that are unaware this site even exists. You're already alienating a group of people that could be valuable, contributing members.

And don't forget all this history will not transfer to FB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery