Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 05:34 AM

184 posts, read 334,577 times

Advertisements

Walk thru scheduled AND yesterday received my Closing Letter. However even that isn't soon enough for me but its getting closer.

As far as communication. Facebook can only be used as a tool to talk amongst ourselves and not for business issues. A coops democratic process must go thru proper channels and that starts with the building mgmt company.

A general rule for new homebuyer is not increase of spending for a year to learn to adjust to the new cost. We all shelled out lots of money over the last few months in fees and moving cost so we will need to readjust our bank accounts so we are personally financially secure.

Staffing??? Yes we have the Super but there's also suppose to be a porter?? Do we as of now?? Can't remember if they were full or part time but a porter and super are plenty of help for a 122 unit complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 AM

25,429 posts, read 37,238,129 times
Quote:
Staffing??? Yes we have the Super but there's also suppose to be a porter?? Do
we as of now?? Can't remember if they were full or part time but a porter and
super are plenty of help for a 122 unit complex
A single porter cannot handle 122 units...that's a lot of garbage.

I live in a large co-op (660 units) and we have a staff of 33 full time empoyees AND we hire 15 college kids to fill in with Summer vacation.

But we DO have doormen and large gardens.

But I don't see how you can get by without 4 full timers.

I think a doorman, at least a daytime one, will be in your cards soon, remember 122 units get lots of UPS deliveries and a lot of pizza orders.

Last edited by Kefir King; 06-28-2013 at 06:06 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 AM

36 posts, read 56,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
A single porter cannot handle 122 units...that's a lot of garbage.

I live in a large co-op (660 units) and we have a staff of 33 full time empoyees AND we hire 15 college kids to fill in with Summer vacation.

But we DO have doormen and large gardens.

But I don't see how you can get by without 4 full timers.

I think a doorman, at least a daytime one, will be in your cards soon, remember 122 units get lots of UPS deliveries and a lot of pizza orders.
I would love a door man!!! But honestly, right now my budget is limited.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3 View Post
I would love a door man!!! But honestly, right now my budget is limited.

I know...they don't come cheap.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,521 times
Just closed last week and planning the move-in. Is it just me or the DuChateau engineered floor seemed very raw and rough? I don't know what to do about it. Would someone please share what they did to the floor?

Old 07-01-2013, 05:32 PM

26 posts, read 42,072 times
Are you in process of buying or thinking about a COOP in this building? If not then why are you commenting on staffing needs for our building?

We have a super and a porter. Even with move-in and massive amounts of cardboard our porter has easily been maintaining the amount of garbage. If one person cannot handle packing up garbage from a central chute then we have problems.

We also have a camera on our front door buzzer and I think I am correct in assuming that people in the building might prefer letting the occasional delivery person in rather than paying prevailing wage for 1+ doormen. If we want 24 hours of coverage we are looking at at least 4 more staff members which would probably add around $200,000/year to our budget. Do we really want to pay $2,000/year/apartment for the occasional package that is delivered?

If you are not buying or thinking about a COOP in our building it would be great if you would leave the thinking to us on what we need for our building.

Last edited by nycnick; 07-01-2013 at 05:57 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 05:52 PM

151 posts, read 405,623 times
Why won't this never-ending thread go away?

Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay1980 View Post
Why won't this never-ending thread go away?
Jay,
I'm sure that sometime in the next decade the last tenant will move in.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 AM

39 posts, read 74,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnick View Post
Are you in process of buying or thinking about a COOP in this building? If not then why are you commenting on staffing needs for our building?

We have a super and a porter. Even with move-in and massive amounts of cardboard our porter has easily been maintaining the amount of garbage. If one person cannot handle packing up garbage from a central chute then we have problems.

We also have a camera on our front door buzzer and I think I am correct in assuming that people in the building might prefer letting the occasional delivery person in rather than paying prevailing wage for 1+ doormen. If we want 24 hours of coverage we are looking at at least 4 more staff members which would probably add around $200,000/year to our budget. Do we really want to pay $2,000/year/apartment for the occasional package that is delivered?

If you are not buying or thinking about a COOP in our building it would be great if you would leave the thinking to us on what we need for our building.
LOL! It's a troll just ignore it. I agree with you 100%. I don't think we need this either.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 AM

184 posts, read 334,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanti924 View Post
LOL! It's a troll just ignore it. I agree with you 100%. I don't think we need this either.
hahaha....I agree as well...no need...who's gonna deliver?? the liquor store next door??

Doormen sound like a nice amenity but I have them now and they are in your business and are they eyes and ears for the board prez to see who is behaving themselves...of course thats where I am now but once I am at LaCelia in a few weeks I'll be happy to open that door myself and not have someone watching my every move..freaky....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery