Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,284,945 times

Advertisements

I wish people would stop attacking races. Attacking a whole race based off of several people is unfair, foolish and ignorant. This is not a race thing, it's a class thing and the two are very different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,973,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I wish people would stop attacking races. Attacking a whole race based off of several people is unfair, foolish and ignorant. This is not a race thing, it's a class thing and the two are very different.
People are not very smart and therefore resort to that. They do not have the tools to discuss anything like culture, social class, and so on. It's all about "essential" identities - ironically, also the source of actual racism. Sadly enough, they actually believe these things.
P.S. We are a black family ...

Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 PM

18 posts, read 36,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
There are several conservative trolls here.
I noticed.

With the Europe thing, I've been to all over Europe SEVERAL times and lemme tell you, depending on where you are it is no stroll at the park. Some parts are as ghetto as the worst here (not connected to race either).

Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul718 View Post
I noticed.

With the Europe thing, I've been to all over Europe SEVERAL times and lemme tell you, depending on where you are it is no stroll at the park. Some parts are as ghetto as the worst here (not connected to race either).
Don't need to go to Europe. This has been pointed out many times here.
It is important for people to cling to racial definitions and absolutes because it protects them from the necessity for accountability; taking control and charge of their lives.
It's just "the way" black or white people "are."
In Harlem now, there are many more openly affluent black people. Not exceptions, celebrities or sports people, but people who pursued careers in law or business or medicine and made significant money. This is posing a challenge to these old and truly destructive beliefs, but it is also making people destructive in a different direction - still won't face the facts.
You should start with a command of the king's English.
You should add a critical understanding of the king's world.
And so on.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:48 PM

13,454 posts, read 15,583,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
The things the other person said are as bad or worse.
Unfortunately, they are also typical.
Yup. Sad all the way around!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:20 PM

420 posts, read 700,712 times
I cant even wrap my head around this thread, its like a racism battle royal.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
I cant even wrap my head around this thread, its like a racism battle royal.
Yes, well, I would say that I warned you but I did not.
I DID say - This is what's out there.
I mostly care about the children in destructive environments ... that's the thing.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:42 PM

10,654 posts, read 18,707,768 times
She said that eating steak rare is disgusting! That is the worst thing I have read in this thread!!! no one should be eating a well done steak!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 PM

402 posts, read 815,016 times
Great reply people, I am sorry that I do not place my ' appropriately while posting...but I really do not care, My message gets across exactly what I am saying... I feel like you clowns are just looking to pick apart anything. To use the classify minority "YOu ignant" sentiment. I have yet to see a person refute my comments with facts however.. You "disadvantaged" folks aka cry babies, really have no valid points or facts against my points, so you resort to english teacher BS... I speak the truth, anyone thats with reality can read my post and know I speak facts. My statements can never be rebuffed by facts. So I do not care. I hope all you liberals finally get a tried and true demo FANOOK in NYC Mayor office and he turns the city into a monkey cage like it was before the 1990's

Old 08-24-2013, 10:35 AM

13,454 posts, read 15,583,715 times
MP whatever your name is, don't waste your time by sending me lame, stupid DMs. I simply delete without opening or viewing. I don't entertain stupid, and you are stupid. your inane posts massacre the English language. obviously, the NYC school system has failed you, as well. Thank you very much. Kthxbye.

Last edited by riaelise; 08-24-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery