Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 04:23 PM

226 posts, read 1,099,276 times

Advertisements

Oh how im so glad my child has a dad thats 100% im her life and has food every night and is always complimented on how well dressed she is. Lol I must have struck a nerve for the only response is to attack my innocent child. Lol be good and think about what I said in my last post...sooner or later it will dawn on you and your miserable life. I go to bed very happy at night instead of living single wishing u had what some of us folk u bash have. Good day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 04:29 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,254,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Oh how im so glad my child has a dad thats 100% im her life and has food every night and is always complimented on how well dressed she is. Lol I must have struck a nerve for the only response is to attack my innocent child. Lol be good and think about what I said in my last post...sooner or later it will dawn on you and your miserable life. I go to bed very happy at night instead of living single wishing u had what some of us folk u bash have. Good day
No sorry sweetie you didn't. I couldn't be happier with the life I live but thanks for caring.
I will will never wish to be a poor sap waiting for years to live in the projects while being a single mother. You can live that life for me I just feel sorry your daughter has to grow up in the projects for your selfish desires.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:36 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,944,351 times
Quote:
Except for contributing to her support sufficiently to keep her out of NYCHA.

I would not assume that people have miserable lives because you do not understand their viewpoints. If you do, you will miss something important about the shifting opinions regarding public housing and related things. These shifting opinions have a way of becoming consensus and then law.

A smaller comment: We know many women who consciously decided not to have children, both gay and straight women. The notion that a woman must have "a man" and children or somehow be crazily unfulfilled is quite Medieval and more than a bit amusing.

I certainly made the traditional choices but I understand the validity of different ones.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:39 PM

268 posts, read 341,110 times
Another person looking to live in public housing instead of paying their own way... Very encouraging society we live in.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:19 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,254,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Except for contributing to her support sufficiently to keep her out of NYCHA.

I would not assume that people have miserable lives because you do not understand their viewpoints. If you do, you will miss something important about the shifting opinions regarding public housing and related things. These shifting opinions have a way of becoming consensus and then law.

A smaller comment: We know many women who consciously decided not to have children, both gay and straight women. The notion that a woman must have "a man" and children or somehow be crazily unfulfilled is quite Medieval and more than a bit amusing.

I certainly made the traditional choices but I understand the validity of different ones.
I'd Rep you if i could.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 PM

Oh how I knew in 5...4...3...2...1....harlem resident would be here to give her 2 cents. Anyhoo....why would u ASSume I'm saying shes miserable because we do not share the same viewpoint. Never mind the fact that she lurks around ALL the nycha threads giving her "viewpoint" as you call it and I say bashing posters who inquire about information or have a bit of info to share on the topic, livingsingle has a right to bash them oh excuse me give her view point on the topic. I say she is miserable because of her recorded actions on nycha threads. She clearly shows she is miserable. Harlem resident, I'm quite sure you have heard the old cliché of if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all. Why does that not apply to her? Why is it ok for living single to add her 2 cents when its not worth anything but insults.If you don't like the nycha topics, comments, or posters don't click on them its as simple as that. Oh I know because you 2 have the same viewpoint on this topic and therefore when she says anything bashing its considered ok by your standards of opinion huh, because that is how you feel as well.

Secondly,where did I say she needed a man I gave no notion nor did I imply that she needed a man. However I did go off of her username of LIVINGSINGLE which single refers to a relationship status, not needing a man. However in order to produce and bring forth life you do NEED A MAN, correct me if I'm wrong. I completely respect her choice of not wanting children, however I do not bash women who decide they do not want any...that is there personal choice. If that is indeed her personal choice to not have children, why bash the ones who do...there's obviously some underlying issues with someone who chooses not to bring children into this system excuse me "society" but bashes the ones who do. Clearly her actions is saying something is wrong.Saying she feels sorry for my child because I'm putting her in poverty and my child has no dad and I'm a single mother was stated because what. What point was she trying to prove? Poverty can be a temporary situation if you want it too. Before I had my child was in poverty...no! After I had my child was I in poverty...no! Working and not using the programs I did not qualify for at all...poverty was not knocking at my door, however mishaps in life can happen and in my case to anyone. Be thankful you have not experienced it yet. However, using nycha to get me out and make my life even better so situations like I experienced wont happen again, you damn right I'm gonna use nycha to get me back on my feet and will hold my head up high and proud while I do it.

Third,as woman, one of the functions in life is to bear children for which is one of the MAIN reasons women was created for. We were not created to sit here and look pretty and nothing else...one of the main reasons for our existence was to be able to carry and bring life as well as nurture the child for human existence and longevity. Honestly what else is the purpose of a women's position. Oh I know, since women's liberation was concocted back In the 50's, we must work hard and do everything that a man is supposed to be doing ie: take on the roles of men I see. What exactly is the purpose of a women them?

Old 08-21-2013, 08:32 PM

108 posts, read 210,156 times
Quote:
Oh how I knew in 5...4...3...2...1....harlem resident would be here to give her 2 cents. Anyhoo....why would u ASSume I'm saying shes miserable because we do not share the same viewpoint. Never mind the fact that she lurks around ALL the nycha threads giving her "viewpoint" as you call it and I say bashing posters who inquire about information or have a bit of info to share on the topic, livingsingle has a right to bash them oh excuse me give her view point on the topic. I say she is miserable because of her recorded actions on nycha threads. She clearly shows she is miserable. Harlem resident, I'm quite sure you have heard the old cliché of if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all. Why does that not apply to her? Why is it ok for living single to add her 2 cents when its not worth anything but insults.If you don't like the nycha topics, comments, or posters don't click on them its as simple as that. Oh I know because you 2 have the same viewpoint on this topic and therefore when she says anything bashing its considered ok by your standards of opinion huh, because that is how you feel as well.

Secondly,where did I say she needed a man I gave no notion nor did I imply that she needed a man. However I did go off of her username of LIVINGSINGLE which single refers to a relationship status, not needing a man. However in order to produce and bring forth life you do NEED A MAN, correct me if I'm wrong. I completely respect her choice of not wanting children, however I do not bash women who decide they do not want any...that is there personal choice. If that is indeed her personal choice to not have children, why bash the ones who do...there's obviously some underlying issues with someone who chooses not to bring children into this system excuse me "society" but bashes the ones who do. Clearly her actions is saying something is wrong.Saying she feels sorry for my child because I'm putting her in poverty and my child has no dad and I'm a single mother was stated because what. What point was she trying to prove? Poverty can be a temporary situation if you want it too. Before I had my child was in poverty...no! After I had my child was I in poverty...no! Working and not using the programs I did not qualify for at all...poverty was not knocking at my door, however mishaps in life can happen and in my case to anyone. Be thankful you have not experienced it yet. However, using nycha to get me out and make my life even better so situations like I experienced wont happen again, you damn right I'm gonna use nycha to get me back on my feet and will hold my head up high and proud while I do it.

Third,as woman, one of the functions in life is to bear children for which is one of the MAIN reasons women was created for. We were not created to sit here and look pretty and nothing else...one of the main reasons for our existence was to be able to carry and bring life as well as nurture the child for human existence and longevity. Honestly what else is the purpose of a women's position. Oh I know, since women's liberation was concocted back In the 50's, we must work hard and do everything that a man is supposed to be doing ie: take on the roles of men I see. What exactly is the purpose of a women them?

^^^ Pure Ignorance right there, folks.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:41 PM

18 posts, read 36,236 times
Quote:

I'm sorry, but your whole argument is backwards. Not every woman wants kids and it doesn't warrant the assumption that there are underlying issues either.

To switch up a little bit, some of the people who posts here are a little strong in their approach. Perhaps you can say that some are borderline bigoted, elitist, or even racist. However, I share the frustration that some have expressed. I personally know people who have lived in NYCHA developments for decades! If you have able bodied this is not acceptable! Now you are right, poverty can be temporary if you want it to. Unfortunately, a lot of people (not all) in NYCHA don't share that sentiment. This creates generational poverty that plagues communities. Now you say you will use NYCHA to make your life better. Ok, fine. Everyone needs a hand at one point in their life, but you really think people will respond well to you with a name like MzINeedNYCHA? Especially when you joined this forum two years ago? How long will you wait for public housing? It doesn't give off the impression that you want your situation to be temporary. If I am wrong pls forgive me. You can say I'm nitpicking but...

To get back to your women and kids statement, as someone in a serious relationship (who wants to get married and have children) I find your mindset somewhat disturbing. NO ONE should have kids they can't afford. It is a burden on not yourself, but society and most importantly, the children themselves. To ask what the purpose of being a woman besides having children and thus reducing us to mere incubators is borderling on asinine.

Is that the line of thinking you will instill in a daughter?

Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM

I suggest you go back and re read what wrote.. I said her undelying issues is the fact that she bashes women for having children although she does not want any. Secondly, what is our MAIN purpose as women? Main being the key word. I did not reduce us to anything...I said clearly that ONE of the functions of women is to bring forth life.

It doesn't matter what my name is...if its msfutureRN or butterflywings or whatever...it still will not negate that fact that people will bash you and feel rightfully so about it.

Last edited by MzINeedNYCHA; 08-21-2013 at 09:01 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM

18 posts, read 36,236 times
Quote:
I suggest you go back and re read what wrote.. I said her undelying issues is the fact that she bashes women for having children although she does not want any. Secondly, what is our MAIN purpose as women? Main being the key word. I did not reduce us to anything...I said clearly that ONE of the functions of women is to bring forth life.

It doesn't matter what my name is...if its msfutureRN or butterflywings or whatever...it still will not negate that fact that people will bash you and feel rightfully so about it.
If you don't see how those comments can be offensive to some, then I don't know what to tell you. Speaking for myself, I would not bash women with children. I will bash women who have children knowing they can't afford them.

You say you were not in poverty before and after your child. Then why are you in search of NYCHA Housing...and for so long? You don't owe me or anyone else an explanation, but don't get upset if people have questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery