Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 4,551 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I've been selected for further processing, but since I applied, my income increased from $27k to $71k. Now if I still eligible for an apartment how much will I pay?
I checked the original application categories and it seems like with current income instead of paying $600 for 1-bed, I gonna pay over $1600 for a studio and about $2000 for 1-bed. Am I correct?
I'm not sure if it's worth it in this case.

P.S.: Is it legit for my coop to request $50 for Landlord Verification letter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 09:06 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,273,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoac View Post
Hi all, I've been selected for further processing, but since I applied, my income increased from $27k to $71k. Now if I still eligible for an apartment how much will I pay?
I checked the original application categories and it seems like with current income instead of paying $600 for 1-bed, I gonna pay over $1600 for a studio and about $2000 for 1-bed. Am I correct?
I'm not sure if it's worth it in this case.

P.S.: Is it legit for my coop to request $50 for Landlord Verification letter?
That's a nice raise! Good for you.
If you own a coop I don't think you are eligible. You can't usually own property with these lotteries.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM

47 posts, read 114,278 times
I think its worth it as the rent is still less than market. However, you cant own property.

Last edited by midtwnwst; 01-29-2014 at 05:06 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 AM

2 posts, read 4,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
That's a nice raise! Good for you.
If you own a coop I don't think you are eligible. You can't usually own property with these lotteries.
Thanks, but seems like it's still not enough for comfortable living in NYC
I don't own, I rent from a coop.

How about that landlord's fee? How legit for them asking $50 for the letter? I have a feeling it's a scam.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoac View Post
Thanks, but seems like it's still not enough for comfortable living in NYC
I don't own, I rent from a coop.

How about that landlord's fee? How legit for them asking $50 for the letter? I have a feeling it's a scam.
Most co-op will add stupid little fees fro this or that. I lived in one too (rented) and couldn't wait to leave.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:26 AM

23 posts, read 57,791 times
Well, I was told I was accepted by the developer and now the city has to approve me. But I got a call from the office requesting more paperwork? Just to confirm my bank account etc. Is that a good sign? Fingers crossed. I wish everyone the best, I will keep you all posted.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:10 AM

343 posts, read 1,094,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY GIRL 18 View Post
Well, I was told I was accepted by the developer and now the city has to approve me. But I got a call from the office requesting more paperwork? Just to confirm my bank account etc. Is that a good sign? Fingers crossed. I wish everyone the best, I will keep you all posted.
what paperwork did they ask for to confirm bank account?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
what paperwork did they ask for to confirm bank account?
I'm guessing updated bank statements. Also when you came to your interview you had paper work that the bank needed to fill out with your account information. That want to make sure what you make matches the coming and goings of your money. Also that no big money has been added or taken that isn't accounted for.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:16 AM

343 posts, read 1,094,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I'm guessing updated bank statements. Also when you came to your interview you had paper work that the bank needed to fill out with your account information. That want to make sure what you make matches the coming and goings of your money. Also that no big money has been added or taken that isn't accounted for.
but isnt that why they ask for 6 months of statements?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
but isnt that why they ask for 6 months of statements?
Yes but they need the most updated infer to send to the city. The interview could've been a month ago. Some of these take months and months so right before you are approved you need to provide the most update info to all your paper work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery