Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 09:52 AM

23 posts, read 57,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCApplicant View Post
Sadly, we're a few dollars over so we're disqualified for the program...
I'm wondering what they do with all the info and paperwork that contain the most sensitive information about the applicant/s?
Is it possible to ask for all the paperwork back? I mean, there're ss#,bank account,DOB, and just about everything...
Oh so sorry to hear that. I am still awaiting approval. What tier were you going for? As far as getting the paperwork back, I am not sure. In the past when I have applied for apartments I never got it back, but maybe you should ask. I hope you get a great apartment in another program if you chose to do so. All the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 12:02 PM

343 posts, read 1,094,857 times
they keep paperwork, thats why they ask you for copies so they can keep them.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:17 PM

Hey peeps! Is anyone else waiting for approval? I began the whole process back in November I believe. Did the interview and the whole deal. Oh I am praying to get in there. Wishing you all the very best!

Old 03-16-2014, 06:37 PM

70 posts, read 143,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY GIRL 18 View Post
Hey peeps! Is anyone else waiting for approval? I began the whole process back in November I believe. Did the interview and the whole deal. Oh I am praying to get in there. Wishing you all the very best!
Hi City girl, I think you should give them a call and see how your file is progressing. I got an email to confirm the approval by the developers and they asked me to come in to sign some papers before sending it off to the city. I think at this stage it is a good sign and a done deal. While I was waiting, another applicant told me it was his third time submitting info even after the interview. Each time, it seemed he had to start over or they were missing paperwork. He had to call them to check his status. This was also since November. To this end, it's time for you to call for your peace of mind and to make sure everything is up to date.
One last thing, they also told me that everything they submit to the city has to be no older that 120 days so assuming if they submitted your paperwork in November, your info may be on its way to "expiring".

Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 AM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzette View Post
Hi City girl, I think you should give them a call and see how your file is progressing. I got an email to confirm the approval by the developers and they asked me to come in to sign some papers before sending it off to the city. I think at this stage it is a good sign and a done deal. While I was waiting, another applicant told me it was his third time submitting info even after the interview. Each time, it seemed he had to start over or they were missing paperwork. He had to call them to check his status. This was also since November. To this end, it's time for you to call for your peace of mind and to make sure everything is up to date.
One last thing, they also told me that everything they submit to the city has to be no older that 120 days so assuming if they submitted your paperwork in November, your info may be on its way to "expiring".
Oh thank you so much for your info Sazzette. Yes, I was thinking of calling, I am just so nervous. I really need this change and to finally move into a fresh new beautiful apartment. I have been handing in paperwork since November and at one point I had asked the girl at the desk, if there was any news and she said, (in December I believe it was) that I was approved by the Developer, which gave me a lot of hope. As recently as February, I was asked to hand in more paperwork from my free lance business, so maybe they are behind. I know you are right, I should call. I am praying for the "you have been accepted and we have some apartments to show you" line! OH please. I live in the neighborhood for over 20 years and I remember hearing that they give preference to neighborhood people. I'm a good tenant and have good credit etc. Well we will see. Thank you so much for everything. I have to get brave and make the call. I hope to be neighbors!! All the best, Beth

Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 PM

Dear Friends,
Well I just got a notice today saying I was rejected and I really believe it was unfair and wrong, so I am going to appeal. Just wondering if anyone else appealed and won? I was told back in December that I was accepted by the Developers and my hopes were high, in the interim the person that was handling my case changed and it worried me a bit because a lot of the paperwork that I handed in was requested by this new person again and they seemed not as on the case and knowledgeable as the other person, that worked with me before, but I didn't think much of it. I don't even know if that affected me in any way. Again, I am going to appeal this. Anyone know if there is anything else I can do or some advice. I was devastated when I got the note today. I have been handing in hundreds and hundreds of pages of invoices always on time, I had a wonderful interview, etc. and again I was accepted by the developers. Thank you for any input. I am so upset. I have been living in this neighborhood for 25 years and I also thought they considered us neighborhood people first. Thank you all.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:36 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,273,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY GIRL 18 View Post
Dear Friends,
Well I just got a notice today saying I was rejected and I really believe it was unfair and wrong, so I am going to appeal. Just wondering if anyone else appealed and won? I was told back in December that I was accepted by the Developers and my hopes were high, in the interim the person that was handling my case changed and it worried me a bit because a lot of the paperwork that I handed in was requested by this new person again and they seemed not as on the case and knowledgeable as the other person, that worked with me before, but I didn't think much of it. I don't even know if that affected me in any way. Again, I am going to appeal this. Anyone know if there is anything else I can do or some advice. I was devastated when I got the note today. I have been handing in hundreds and hundreds of pages of invoices always on time, I had a wonderful interview, etc. and again I was accepted by the developers. Thank you for any input. I am so upset. I have been living in this neighborhood for 25 years and I also thought they considered us neighborhood people first. Thank you all.
I would def appeal. Did they say why you were rejected?

Old 03-20-2014, 07:00 AM

Hi livingsinglenyc,
yes, it said that my taxes filed didn't match my earned income. But, I had went through this with the rep. I have an eBay business along with my regular job. With eBay there is no 1099, but of course there are records of earned income. I printed out hundreds of pages for the rep for years of sales. I think it was you who said it is harder with the self-employed people, but I really have fantastic records and very clear taxes for my other job. When I gave her all the paperwork which was neat and clear, she was very happy and said it all looked good. Again I am worried about the rep. but maybe I am just paranoid. I am going to appeal. I so need this new home. I have paid my dues in this old walk up building that I live in now for 25 years. Any suggestions? Thank you so much. Couldn't sleep all night.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:53 PM

3 posts, read 9,891 times
I believe I am close to being accepted.

Two questions:

Has anyone else had issues with them deducting your "expenses," which renders you ineligible for the income bracket?

Also, is there anyway that some of you who have moved in recently can send photos via email of your Studio?

Old 03-21-2014, 01:28 PM

Is anyone appealing the decision? Has anyone won the appeal. I know I have been wrongly rejected and I am appealing, just looking for some advice. I am praying. Thank you all again. All the best to all of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery