Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 03:04 PM

913 posts, read 2,275,530 times

Advertisements

That's horrible about the leak. Hopefully now that the repairs done there won't be any further issues or eruptions.

I just took the E or F train to the last stop and walked around the neighborhood and that was my experiences. Of course, during lease signing I once again had those experiences. After you move in, please go to the Mobil mini mart up the block and let me know if you smell lavendar and fresh vanilla. You know...that new i just - finished - laundry- fresh scent smell. If you dont, please post your comment on this forum and let me know what unique scent you pick up after your 1st shopping experience there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 06:18 PM

Gurl, yous a trip mizz thang!!!!

Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,990 times
Ms. Lake is very ya'll, but she was "real" and sweet. Unfortunately, she is casualty of war and often we have to be team players and not heroes. My experience w C. Lakes was positive. It's Bronxgroup that screws things up. Some of you need to wipe your butts.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:56 PM

74 posts, read 170,924 times
HAHAHA agreed about Ms. Lake. Based on my final interaction with Paulina at Q41 management, it was Bronx Pro that held up the entire process. They were playing off the holiday weekend and the fact that their partnership was soon ending, so they were taking their sweet time processing everyone.

Whatever, I'm over talking about any of the process. I had only positive interactions with Ms. Lake and Paulina anyway. We're all in now and I'm grateful for it. Let's talk about appliances!

Old 09-17-2014, 08:31 AM

Agreed. Let's move on past this, but on one last note. I think i might have been too harsh on Miss Lake, but honestly, I livessss for herrrrrrr. She just gives too much and I love when they throw a sista up in there for fun and to keeps it reel. She keeps it reel and it's a trip.

I'm avoiding appliances because I can't imagine what the con ed bill might be.

anyone check to see if their unit had any leaks from the excessive rain yesterday? You know it wasn't constructed with the best of interest.

Last edited by q41apartments; 09-17-2014 at 08:56 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 07:31 PM

126 posts, read 214,556 times
Have no idea why I didn't apply to this, saw it when the advertisement first came out. Do you think all the studios for 1100 are taken?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:14 PM

I'm sure they're all gone. I recently moved in and was told it's at 80% capacity now of being filled.

There were only 12 out of the 108 units that were at the lower price. I'm sure they're all snatched up by now. $1,600.00 for a 2 bedroom is a bargain. I'm sure those lower priced units were sorta first come first serve. I'm sure there are people whose log number is pretty high and constantly call to inquire. I inquired a lot and at one point pretty much lost all hope. I even cried.

But I also heard tons of people who felt they were entitled and even turned it down so it kept slowing down the process for the other applicants on the waiting line cause they would suddenly change their mind last min. There's 2 more lotteries in the area coming up. You should apply. Keep in mind I applied last spring/early summer of 2013 and never thought of it again after mailing in my application. It's almost Christmas 2014 on the verge of turning 2015, so you can imagine what a long drawn out process this was, but i have to admit the personnel who helped process my paperwork towards the end were very professional and did their best to expedite things as quickly as they could.

Also keep in mind that newer buildings have higher chances as opposed to a building that's already established with tenants and you are sorta waiting for someone in the building to pass away so you can be called. Apply to all and good luck.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:29 PM

126 posts, read 214,556 times
thank you, which two are coming up?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:21 PM

A huge complex at Hunters Point, 2 stops from here on the 7 train. Its a 900 unit complex from the advertisement and you can even Google it. That one once again is strictly geared towards middle income and it says a few units will be allocated to low income. The 2nd one is on the last stop on the N or Q train in Queens.

These are so rare because whenever this is advertised in the newspaper, it always asks that the applicant be practically poor with 5 kids and cashiering at Duane Reade part time while locking the doors at night so the deadbeat sperm donor of a father doesn't come to assault the mother. It was so refreshing to see one geared towards middle income who might not have the flexibility to pay $2,900.00 to $3,900.00 for some of the 1 bedrooms in the neighboring high rise luxury condos in LIC. I've said this before and I'll say it again: It seems like NYC really dislikes middle income because we always find a way to land on our feet which mostly means getting a 2nd part time job to make ends meet, but we always get screwed over. Once again, it's refreshing to see housing lotteries targeted at our income range.

Also, please apply online. All the listings are online. The majority are low income, but there are a few middle income on there as well. Best of luck and apply to everything.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:35 PM

The pipes just burst again and it's a hardcore water leak. All the elevators are shut off again and tenants are outside waiting for things to resume so they can head back to their units. I hope nobodies neighboring units get flooded or suffers water damage.

Twice in one week is not a good sign. Anyone else waiting outside in the lobby like I am?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery