Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 11:02 AM

913 posts, read 2,274,295 times

Advertisements

Oh my goodness. I find it so ironic that you mentioned this because a few weeks ago i got on the elevator and even noticed in the laundry area possible scents and traces of weed and even the smoke fume, but I wasn't completely sure because I don't smoke weed, but that's what it reminded me of because I can't imagine someone smoking a cigarette inside. They shouldn't be smoking weed for that matter either.

It is unfortunate and I guess only a matter of time before this ridiculous nonsense happened once the empty units got filled. It'll Be Even Sadder If It's A City employee smoking weed and doing dumb crap like that after Everyone I'm sure faught An arm and A leg To win This lottery.

I left my last apartment for the same reason. Tenants with their demon child teens were acting up, having babies out of wedlock with their so-called baby daddies, multiple kids too, and the constant drug use I witnessed and no one should pay high amounts in rent and be subjected to such low class nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 03:06 PM

110 posts, read 215,055 times
How has your management company been from a tenant's perspective? I'm involved in another lottery where Wavecrest is the management co. Sorry to jump into your thread but just wondering!

Old 10-19-2014, 04:37 PM

I haven't had a need to interact with them, but other tenants that have had leaks, broken door nobs, windows that won't open, and other issues have informed me it's an ordeal to get things fixed. I kind of figured this was the case. Wavecrest Management handles property management for buildings where tenants aren't paying a lot of money and also for buildings involved with city funded construction so I guess they feel they can be unresponsive and slow with things, but then again many management companies are because it's about money. They want to collect checks, but not return calls or fix anything. I seriously hope nothing breaks in my apartment.

Sometimes i try to give them the benefit of the doubt and think maybe it's like the city where there is too much to cover and just not enough employees to assist all of NYC.

Funny that you asked because I did send an email inquiring and requesting something and I haven't heard back in days. I'll just give up and NOT inquire again.

What lottery are you applying for? Is it middle or low income? Just pray nothing breaks down in your new apartment and their office is in one of the scariest places in Queens.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:41 PM

110 posts, read 215,055 times
482 Franklin, Elliott J Hobbs in Bed Stuy, middle income.

Hmm, I interviewed in the Bronx and was hoping Queens office was in a better/easier to access location.

They def have a lot of negative reviews online, and managing so many properties definitely would lower response times in even the best case scenario.

But just like the other person in this thread, I REALLY want the modern amenities/dishwasher!!

Do you have an on-site super? I was hoping that that might lessen need to speak with management. Also, what about financially, everything is ok and recorded properly?

Old 10-19-2014, 06:40 PM

I wish you good luck. How many floors in the Brooklyn lottery? Is that in a safe area? Is that considered Brooklyn Heights?

I think the Queens location is probably in a safer area than the Bronx Pro location. I heard the Bronx Pro was extremely dangerous.

Both management companies have horrible reviews online. I am not surprised. They also move at a very slow pace, but i hope they get to you quickly.

I must be the only one that doesn't care about the dishwasher because i have always had one. I don't see the big deal.

Yes, the super in on-sight but if something breaks down, he cannot really do anything until the management company approves it. He is sort of the middle man, so instead of you speaking to management, you speak to the super and he'll speak to the management company so he just the middle man who relays your message.

You can ask me that financial question again because i am not to clear what you mean. In terms of paperwork, they said everything would be in safe keeping, but who knows. You know how the city is. They are the worst and do such a half baked job at everything they do.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:38 AM

There was no hot water again this morning.

I wouldn't even call it borderline warm. It was straight UP COLD!!!

Old 11-02-2014, 08:42 PM

The heater is very loud.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:29 AM

28 posts, read 59,523 times
Isn't it central heat?

Old 11-04-2014, 08:41 PM

Sorta. The AC unit spits out HOT air every few minutes especially over this past weekend when it was very cold. It makes a LOUD sound each time it gears up to spit out HOT air. It'll spit it out for 1 or 2 mins and stop and do it again when the temperature dips.

It seems to operate a bit different from my friends neighboring high rises and the high rises in Manhattan.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:05 PM

10 posts, read 18,949 times
Sounds like central AC, isn't it?

Huge sounds for hot air doesn't seem pleasent.

Last edited by MadisonAve2; 11-04-2014 at 11:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery